[APP/RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders installer

Search This thread

Kallb123

Jun 23, 2010
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders

after installing cwm, phone reboots everytime when i access root explorer or any program that can edit/explore system files. Any fix?

Not sure why we're posting it in this thread but same here :/
I'm going to post it in proper Cwm thread too.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Not sure why we're posting it in this thread but same here :/
I'm going to post it in proper Cwm thread too.

You mean you have this problem with both recovery? Will you guys answer if you have an Xperia Z or ZL ... i can't understand how you can ask for help without responding to questions :p

Else this evening i did make a cool thing for people with no problems, an app to install, uninstall and reboot to recovery. This will simplify our life. See first post and let me know :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dhruvzz

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
i am using xperia Z.. even after uninstalling the recovery using ur app, it still reboots when accessing root explorer. Help.. :crying:

secany

Nov 9, 2008
You mean you have this problem with both recovery? Will you guys answer if you have an Xperia Z or ZL ... i can't understand how you can ask for help without responding to questions :p

Else this evening i did make a cool thing for people with no problems, an app to install, uninstall and reboot to recovery. This will simplify our life. See first post and let me know :)

I'm second on this. Xperia Z C6603, LOCKED bootloader, rooted.
Tested on both CWM and TWRP on RomAur 1.3.2 , everytime accessing root, phone rebot. Like using Titanium backup to uninstall android keyboard, unless wallpapers, etc....... it reboot everytime after uninstall.
On ES File Manager, if enable root, check mount system as r/w , go to root folder, then it will reboot.
Root explorer is reboot too.

I'm pretty sure problem is with the /system as r/w (root problem, not recovery) . Maybe resource busy or something?

I'm going to flash back original factory roms, then root and will try if still have problem on reboot.

finoqq84

Oct 4, 2011
i was on stock and root only before, did NOT have this reboot problems. After installing Recovery CWM or TWRP, it reboots when using root explorer

secany

Nov 9, 2008
reboot problem summary

I think there is new bug on TWRP.

--- I'm on Xperia C6603 , LOCKED bootloader, ROOTED, NOT install any bootloader, no reboot problem at all. Uninstalled widget/wallpaper using Titanium backup , deleted, modified file on /system with root explorer, all good. No reboot problem at all.

--- Installed TWRP recovery, right after it done and phone on recovery, choose reboot right away. I AM NOT HAVING REBOOT problem right now!! (WHAT??) , tested by titanium uninstalling a couple things (mostly widget / wallpaper). <~~~~~~~~ Actually I uninstalled about 4 wallpapers, 2 widgets, 2 apps, and it DID NOT REBOOT at all. I think I should back to stock rom, with TWRP and test more on this.

-- Now reboot to TWRP recovery, Sony logo, green LEDt, press VOL UP couple times, it goes to recovery, but FREEZE. Touch screen not working, power button not working. LED stay at purple. <~~~~~~~~ NEW BUG??
Install TWRP again using package run on Windows, still freeze.

-- Now use flashtool to reflash stock rom (clean data/cache as well). Root, install TWRP recovery, install RomAur 1.3.2, flash the TWRP recovery zip file. Reboot (it asked to fix root permission, I choosed "NO"). Using titanium backup to remove wallpaper (name: black hole). PHONE REBOOT!!!! <~~~~~~~~ reboot bug that everyone talking about.

-- Go into recovery with VOL UP on green LED. Success. Touch screen working. Try fix permission (TWRP-> Advance -> Fix permission), reboot system. Sony logo showed, xperia logo showed, startup loaded, PHONE REBOOTED. Now use titanium backup to uninstall wallpaper (Bubbles 1.0), uninstall app (wise pilot), phone REBOOT after a while

-- Turn phone off, go to TWRP, click something to make sure it works. IT WORKS. Now reboot system, Sony logo showed, xperia logo showed, startup loaded, PHONE REBOOTED. After 6 times boot loop, it goes to lock screen finally. Titanium backup to uninstall apps, still reboot.

After 1 hour of messing around, I realised the difficult thing to test this bugs is it DOES NOT REBOOT right after unstinall 1 apps. It happen randomly!!! So I decided to back to stock rom +TWRP and test more.

Attachments

• twrp_result.jpg
    twrp_result.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 854

zanndoth

Oct 31, 2010
This may be a long shot, but those having reboot pRoblems, can you check if you have both supersu and superuser? Or do you only have one of them.

Because I noticed that I have those problem only when I have both(due to custom rom). But when I use only stock + recovery, I only have superuser and I don't have those reboot issue,

secany

Nov 9, 2008
CONFIRMED! Locked bootloader + Stock ROM + Rooted + TWRP are working fine together, no reboot at all.
1 thing I notice is different superuser app in RomAur and the rooted package. Maybe that is the one causing problem?

Edit & Update: Seem like the SuperSU on RomAur is the one causing reboot problem. I clean up that one, and run the root package again, now using superuser and it working fine. Tested 10 minutes of messing around system stuffs, all fine :)

Last edited:

zomgno1

Oct 18, 2010
make sure your install-recovery.sh is there with "/system/bin/stop ric" in it, or there will be reboots.

Kallb123

Jun 23, 2010

Sorry, I have the Z. I've only tested CWM (which is why I'm hesitant to post here) but many people seem to have tested both.

Didn't have a problem before installing recovery (or on previous version of cwm) because I was editing build.prop quite a lot. Then I thought I'd try latest cwm and now reboots if I even breathe on the system partition :/

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Wow, good News, im happy for you :)

Sorry krabappel2548
I not clear to me the story of warranty ..
if you have unlocked the bootloader you sent to Sony your IMEI, you should not have lost the Warranty in this way? I do not understand this :(
Do you lose the warranty or not sending them the IMEI?

Can you help me understand? :confused:
Thanks

Yes, unlocking might void your warranty. But in reality you still have warranty for certain things. And if mine is completely dead, so damaged bootloader or s1boot, then Sony can't check if I rooted etc. It's only when you root or use non official software that your warranty will be voided ;)

Things like:
- Display
- LED
- Battery
- ... (almost all hardware parts)
Should always be under warranty even if you unlock your bootloader :)

So if they can't recover my phone they won't be able to check it ;) Anyway, maybe I can recover it, I'm just not home so I can't try before tomorrow ;)

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
make sure your install-recovery.sh is there with "/system/bin/stop ric" in it, or there will be reboots.

Well I do not use the ric file anymore as I didn't get any problem without it. Are you sure its necessary? (This script just sleep, so I guess it could be used to delay something.)

Else thanks for the debug guys!

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

secany

Nov 9, 2008
Sorry, I have the Z. I've only tested CWM (which is why I'm hesitant to post here) but many people seem to have tested both.

Didn't have a problem before installing recovery (or on previous version of cwm) because I was editing build.prop quite a lot. Then I thought I'd try latest cwm and now reboots if I even breathe on the system partition :/

Can you try to clean and remove the SuperSU on RomAur , then run the root package that install superuser and then try to see if it still reboot? Mine is all fine now. Up for 2 hours playing round with root explorer, titanium backup, all working fine.

Retxud

Mar 10, 2013
AW: [APP/RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders installer

Just to be on the save side:

I have locked bootloader and rooted stock rom. I only have superuser, no supersu. Installing this recovery using the .apk from here will install TWRP and I should not face any reboot issues?

Reactions: pitsgraft

Retxud

Mar 10, 2013
AW: [APP/RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders installer

Ok, working. No rebooting when apps are granted root permissions.

paalkr

Jul 13, 2005
Hønefoss
Stuck at Sony logo

Hi

I tried to whipe the device (facotry reset,system,cache,data). Everything seemed good. After hitting the back soft button for entering the install menu the device freezes, ant the touch screen were not responding to any commands. I had no options to "pull the battery" by pressing power and volume up.

Now the device does not boot, no surprise. I'm able to enter fastboot mode but not flashmode :(
I were on stock rooted rom with locket boot loader before whiping the device.

Is it possible to enter recovery without flashing stock rom -> rooting -> installing recovery -> boot into recovery?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Thank God! I manage to enter flashmode, I expected the green led to light up solid, but it only blinked for a second. Flashtool reported the device to be connected! :D and flashing stock Nordic firmware went well.

Ready for giving the custom ROM a second try :)

Hi

I tried to whipe the device (facotry reset,system,cache,data). Everything seemed good. After hitting the back soft button for entering the install menu the device freezes, ant the touch screen were not responding to any commands. I had no options to "pull the battery" by pressing power and volume up.

Now the device does not boot, no surprise. I'm able to enter fastboot mode but not flashmode :(
I were on stock rooted rom with locket boot loader before whiping the device.

Is it possible to enter recovery without flashing stock rom -> rooting -> installing recovery -> boot into recovery?

devabhishek

Sep 2, 2009
pune
Yes, unlocking might void your warranty. But in reality you still have warranty for certain things. And if mine is completely dead, so damaged bootloader or s1boot, then Sony can't check if I rooted etc. It's only when you root or use non official software that your warranty will be voided ;)

Things like:
- Display
- LED
- Battery
- ... (almost all hardware parts)
Should always be under warranty even if you unlock your bootloader :)

So if they can't recover my phone they won't be able to check it ;) Anyway, maybe I can recover it, I'm just not home so I can't try before tomorrow ;)

no offense buddy ,
but its just common sense to understand that, if we get the boot-loader unlocked the official way , in the process we send our imei no to sony and then we receive the unique unlock key which we use to get the boot-loader unlocked ,
this information gets updated in sony's system in a few weeks time , and so when we take our device to sony's service station for warranty purpose ,may the device be in any condition they have the information that we have unlocked the boot-loader and the warranty is thus void

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
no offense buddy ,
but its just common sense to understand that, if we get the boot-loader unlocked the official way , in the process we send our imei no to sony and then we receive the unique unlock key which we use to get the boot-loader unlocked ,
this information gets updated in sony's system in a few weeks time , and so when we take our device to sony's service station for warranty purpose ,may the device be in any condition they have the information that we have unlocked the boot-loader and the warranty is thus void

No, it's not like that, hardware problems are still in warranty if you unlock ;)

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

Reactions: pitsgraft

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

Here's an application to install and uninstall TWRP 2.4.3.0 recovery on locked bootloaders Xperia Z. It's stable on my Xperia Z, but i highly suspect some partition (system) problems with Xperia ZL phones.

This application will install TWRP recovery ramdisk to system as "recovery.tar", but you can provide your own recovery (ramdisk) by placing it to "/sdcard/XZRecovery.tar". This way this application could be compatible with other recovery or devices.

TWRP recovery ported to Xperia Z by krabappel2548 !
    If you don't know which file to use, download XZRecovery-1.0.apk, install it and run it.
    The recovery will get lost each time you flash a rom or wipe system partition.

• XZRecovery.apk
      • Install, uninstall and reboot to recovery from your Android device

• twrp-2.4.3.0-xz-locked.zip
      • Install recovery from windows (ADB)

• twrp-2.4.3.0-xz-locked-recovery.zip
      • Install recovery from recovery

Hey Cpasjuste, is it possible for you to implement the new TWRP 2.5.0.0 for locked bootloaders?
    I read it's updated to fit the FullHD screen better.

If not, doesn't matter, I'm very thankful of your work

I have TWRP 2.5.0.0 ready :) and I'm waiting for cpasjuste to give me is app sources, I'm going to continue this for him here probably :)
    Because cpasjuste isn't active here And stille hasn't given me his app sources.

Sorry Sorry Sorry !

i'll post sources in the holidays (july)
    Hi !

Here's twrp recovery for locked bootloaders. It's working in the same way as cwm for locked bootloaders if you tried it.

See krabappel2548 thread for installation and such: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2187363

Thanks for reading ;)

Great work, hope it works fine, i will give it a try
    Seriously very useful and hassel free app. Thank you so much

Yep yep yep! Your favourites "developers" on XDA don't know anymore what is a community ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app