FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[LB] The definitive root Remount-Reboot fix!

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,419

Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2013, 01:20 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Thanks a lot dude, you saved the day for the Xperia T[any] users

I suspected it would have been a busybox issue, it's good to see i wasn't far off

Updated the OP to include this workaround.

this program is not new, i've used to upgrade busybox to 1.21 but still problem with .67 kernel. Lost CWM, reinstall CWM didn't solve the problem.

26th June 2013, 01:38 PM |#102  
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilmaycry2020

this program is not new, i've used to upgrade busybox to 1.21 but still problem with .67 kernel. Lost CWM, reinstall CWM didn't solve the problem.

The funny is that that busybox installer does not install 1.21 (which is a bugged version by the way) but a problem free 1.20 ... so i suggest you downgrade the busybox installation to 1.20 using that app.
26th June 2013, 01:41 PM |#103  
Quote:
Originally Posted by garik.007

And in either fixed, all this can be implemented?

I will change the package to include a check on the location of that CWM's busybox and I'll probably change the busybox in the remount-reboot fix to the one installed by this app, as long as it does not break XZDualRecovery of course. I'm a happy camper

Thanks again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 01:44 PM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

I will change the package to include a check on the location of that CWM's busybox and I'll probably change the busybox in the remount-reboot fix to the one installed by this app, as long as it does not break XZDualRecovery of course. I'm a happy camper

Thanks again

Ok.thanks. i thougt you should do it for one solution, integrated all tool to one , reboot fix + CWM + busybox
26th June 2013, 03:19 PM |#105  

More
hi all

here is all fix tools i repack to work with 1.67 FW (i replace busybox to 1.20 version with error free). all credits to doomlord,davidmarco, [NUT]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9l...nt-exploit.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kb...iaT_v7i_JB.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9...ix-windows.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to devilmaycry2020 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilmaycry2020 Ad-Free
27th June 2013, 05:45 AM |#106  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

hi all

here is all fix tools i repack to work with 1.67 FW (i replace busybox to 1.20 version with error free). all credits to doomlord,davidmarco, [NUT]

Excellent! Working. Now we can all gather in one "batch file".
30th June 2013, 03:26 AM |#107  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:

hi all

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9l...nt-exploit.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kb...iaT_v7i_JB.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9...ix-windows.zip

link dead , would u pls reupload

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk HD
30th June 2013, 08:26 AM |#108  
Quote:
Originally Posted by theerachai

link dead , would u pls reupload

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk HD

You can also just flash the fix and then update busybox with the app i linked to in the OP. Saves you the trouble of waiting.
30th June 2013, 08:46 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Hi all! Please help

Busybox installed. CWM flash to remountrebootfix.zip then "installation aborted". What is the wrong?

My devices Xperia P JB.

CWM error:
30th June 2013, 09:29 PM |#110  
Quote:
Originally Posted by deck91

Hi all! Please help

Busybox installed. CWM flash to remountrebootfix.zip then "installation aborted". What is the wrong?

My devices Xperia P JB.

CWM error:

No worries, I'll update the flashable zip to accommodate for the missing temp folder.

In the mean time, install it using the Windows package.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

-- EDIT --

New flashable version online, will create a /tmp folder to work with before testing busybox functionality now...
10th July 2013, 08:32 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 4,547

Donate to Me
More
@[NUT],
Thanks for the tool, it's working great

I just noticed a minor inconvenience: when connected through adb, peeking at dmesg shows a lot of these:
Code:
<3>[15604.477661] init: cannot execve('/sbin/ric'): Permission denied
<3>[15609.485870] init: cannot execve('/sbin/ric'): Permission denied
<3>[15614.491424] init: cannot execve('/sbin/ric'): Permission denied
<3>[15619.496246] init: cannot execve('/sbin/ric'): Permission denied
<3>[15624.504516] init: cannot execve('/sbin/ric'): Permission denied
Apparently it keeps trying to relaunch the process every 5 seconds, or at least while the usb cable is connected.

I have made a small script to replace the real /sbin/ric:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
while true
do
    sleep 1000 # or something else big enough
done
exit 0
Gave it 755 permissions and no more complaints.

Do you think it's worth bothering about this? It's not there when entering deep sleep, so I'm guessing impacts are close to none; just the kmsg "garbage".

If so, perhaps ctrlaltdel.sh might replace the binary instead of chmod'ing 644. It would need to be done while the original is still potentially in use (mv instead of rm?).
Doing it at the end of killric.sh might catch / on readonly, so unless it's also remounted there, better doing it on ctrlaltdel.sh
BTW, about the remount: should ctrlaltdel.sh restore the previous mount state, in case it was originally ro?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
awesomeness!, cwm, recovery, remount, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)