[ROM][NIGHTLIES][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z

Search This thread

bunbon

Mar 15, 2019
ts not work.

after flash this rom, my touchscreen cant work after press power button(lock screen position).
every first boot touchscreen working fine, but every sleep/press power button/lock screen my touch screen not work.
this is software or hardware trouble?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
after flash this rom, my touchscreen cant work after press power button(lock screen position).
every first boot touchscreen working fine, but every sleep/press power button/lock screen my touch screen not work.
this is software or hardware trouble?

Did you try changing the ambient display setting?
I deactivated it my touch works fine.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

@Daedroza
are you still maintain the device? :)
Sadly since the 01. february you're offline :(

bunbon

Mar 15, 2019
Did you try changing the ambient display setting?
I deactivated it my touch works fine.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

@Daedroza
are you still maintain the device? :)
Sadly since the 01. february you're offline :(

i follow you instruction to deactivated ambient display, the result same.
and now i'm replace original lcd with new one, the result same.
but in twrp press power button, sleep and wake up touch screen working fine.
i dont know what else todo, i know this older phone. i'm never think to buy new one(this is special smartphone to me). i will report if issue is solved.

Whats-App-Image-2019-03-16-at-08-23-14.jpg

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
i dont know what else todo, i know this older phone. i'm never think to buy new one(this is special smartphone to me). i will report if issue is solved.

Whats-App-Image-2019-03-16-at-08-23-14.jpg
If it works in twrp it is a software issue.

I used the newest lineageos build with a full wiped phone, where I did boot the newest stock firmware of myregion first.

Cruz60

Dec 21, 2018
Did u turn on expandable display? i have the same problem but only when I turn on expandable display,after
i turn it off no more problem occur.

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Just only a question, I'm running LOS 15.1 since three months now on Xperia-Z.

The ROM really is fine, but the CPU becomes VERY hot. When running idle temperature is not lower as 40°C, and when using some apps it's going up very fast to 60° or 65°C, and when reaching approx 70°C, the system crashes with reboot. And then.... it's nearly impossible to boot normal again, during the system startup it reboots again and again due to the very high CPU temperature.

Is there any way to reduce the overheating of the CPU?

Thank you very much,
samhhmobil

PS
This happens with two different Z-Devices in a similar way, so it's seems not to be a hardware issue.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2

The ROM really is fine, but the CPU becomes VERY hot. When running idle temperature is not lower as 40°C, and when using some apps it's going up very fast to 60° or 65°C, and when reaching approx 70°C, the system crashes with reboot. And then.... it's nearly impossible to boot normal again, during the system startup it reboots again and again due to the very high CPU temperature.

Thank you very much,
samhhmobil

PS
This happens with two different Z-Devices in a similar way, so it's seems not to be a hardware issue.
I can confirm our it

Maybe PIE is better

Zerikwan

May 11, 2016
Pekanbaru
Sony Xperia Z
Redmi Note 8

Thank you very much,
samhhmobil

PS
Me to.
65°C while browsing and 70°C while using camera. But I haven't faced bootloop issue.

There is several random reboot occur, but after clearing cache and dalvik cache, everything is normal, even for 70°C.

Last edited:

S.N.A.P

Dec 28, 2016
for those who are having overheat issue, try turning on Core Control and Thermal Throttle with KA or similar apps
if it didn't help much, try switching to Mokee Oreo, you'll feel the difference

truefriendcz

Dec 12, 2014
Sony Xperia Z
HTC EVO 3D
Yes works but have problem with GUI. Buttons, etc.
Random grom bugs: on desh
Mouse using OTG just works. I'm using an oldschool Logitech USB mouse with USB OTG from Sony.

Does anybody got MHL working on this ROM?

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Sorry i have slow device and lagging...

Mmm, continue...
Random from bugs: going to home and hold mouse button on icon for content menu... No show. Or moving (dragging) icon on home screen and move to top on commands (uninstall, info, etc.). No reacting commands.

Next... Buttons no reacting on click. I must moving mouse to bottom on button position (on one place, maybe line react only).

Global GUI if mouse moving on App list blinking and etc. randomly artefact (white boxing first icon and screen, and mouseover defect, white layer with transparency maybe 30%).

Etc. Next day i am make screenshots and send to this thread.

History:
This bug have build 7.1 (14.1) LineageOS too, if have build on this forum (not for downloading on LineageOS server) but first build uploated on LineageOS server for downloading have this bug fixed to last builds.

Build or versions on 15.x no this bug fixed never.

Last edited:

ProtonCar

Apr 12, 2014
No 5 GHz Wifi since 20190319 nightly

Hi everybody,

I have a problem since the last update: My phone won't connect to 5 GHz Wifi. I can see 5 GHz Wifi after reboot - but can't connect. Also after some time I can't even see 5 GHz networks. Does anyone else encounter this issue?

edit: After deleting cache & dalvic it works :)
edit 2: After 1 hour 5 GHz network is lost again - can't be found when scanning networks.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartinX3

eichenbast

Oct 15, 2018
Hi everybody,

I have a problem since the last update: My phone won't connect to 5 GHz Wifi. I can see 5 GHz Wifi after reboot - but can't connect. Also after some time I can't even see 5 GHz networks. Does anyone else encounter this issue?

edit: After deleting cache & dalvic it works :)

Here: no problems with 5 Ghz Wifi. Also no overheating, no Gps problems. I use the last update! ; no gapps, only fdroid; flashed from andoid 4.1.2.

ProtonCar

Apr 12, 2014
No 5 GHz Wifi since 20190319 nightly

Like my GPS.
Weird, very weird.

Did you encounter this problem only after flashing 20190319 nightly or after clean install?
I used to update the ROM and never had any trouble until 20190319 update. Since yesterdays update 5GHz Wifi works longer (~15Mins) after restarting the phone (without wipe of cache and dalvic). No problem with 2,4GHz wifi...

maftul

Sep 1, 2017
Is anyone else having GPS issues on Xperia Z with LineageOS 15.1? I recently updated from 14.1 (clean update) and so far I have only been able to get a GPS fix once after leaving my phone outside for 10-15 minutes on a fixed surface. I could get GPS fix very quickly on 14.1.

samhhmobil

May 25, 2017
Hamburg
Is anyone else having GPS issues on Xperia Z with LineageOS 15.1? I recently updated from 14.1 (clean update) and so far I have only been able to get a GPS fix once after leaving my phone outside for 10-15 minutes on a fixed surface. I could get GPS fix very quickly on 14.1.
For the first time this seems to be correct, it needs time to collect data. It was the same behavior with my Xperia-Z and LOS15.1. But later then it starts in a few seconds. When upgrading to a new "nightly" build with dirty flash, first time after that GPS needs one or two minutes. Following after that it starts even in a few seconds again...

samhhmobil

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Did you encounter this problem only after flashing 20190319 nightly or after clean install?

I used to update the ROM and never had any trouble until 20190319 update. Since yesterdays update 5GHz Wifi works longer (~15Mins) after restarting the phone (without wipe of cache and dalvic). No problem with 2,4GHz wifi...
20190313 did I clean install after a full wipe.

And GPS took loooong at the first time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.x (Oreo),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 15.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Nightlies : https://download.lineageos.org/yuga

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 8.x, Nano or Pico)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to loose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
    - Reboot

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
    - (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    - (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    - (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    - Reboot

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
    in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Also thanks to :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - The CyanogenMod Team
    - Everyone involved in working and testing​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][NIGHTLIES][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
    Daedroza, Chippa_a, CyberWalkMaN, AdrianDC, MardonHH
    Source Code: https://github.com/fusion3-common

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2017-12-19
    Last Updated 2018-12-22
    Reserved

FEATURES AND ISSUES
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
    - FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
    - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Work in Progress
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - AOSP sensors : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & external audio : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Work in progress
    - SEPolicies : Work in progress
    Latest build: 20180106
    - Staging Branch (Lineage 15.1) / Android 8.1.0
    - Oreo Tiles / Oreo Lock Screen Art / Oreo Visualizer (Under Development, might work incorrectly)
    - January 2018 Security Patch (Device specific patches are still remaining as of yet).
    - Many other device specific improvements (Brought by Chippa_a / CyberWalkMaN, please look at device trees)
    - Removed accidental security patch that brought NULL pointer dereference (surprised no body encountered it yet).

The overall experience is smoother when all the optimizations settles-in.

I won't be building for sometime (until something important drops in like new security patch or something worthwhile to bring in feature).
    It's fixed in rr 6.0.0 , in the latest update.

Shouldn't occur in newer builds.

Anyway, Video Recording issue fixed. Check newest build.

Thanks for all the efforts & hard work put into by: Miloš Ratković & @AdrianDC
    New build again (20180613):
    > Fixed more policies denials

This build is necessary, since last build, it was enforcing, but calling didn't work correctly because of denials. Old build will cause battery drain.