Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.3][PARANOIDANDROID^3.99-RC2][HALO+][27Sep]

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 708

By xzzz9097, Senior Member on 3rd May 2013, 09:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
____PARANOID_ANDROID^3.99____

Built from source, based on AOSP 4.3
Thanks to FXP Team, MEOW developers and, of course, Paranoid Android!
Kernel source by MEOW https://github.com/MEOW-kernel/andro...l_sony_apq8064

FEATURES: Hybrid mode, PIE Control, per-app color, dpi and layout, Xperia Settings, no more 0 folder on sdcard, colorable quicksettings (BAKED), lockscreen slider targets (CM), power widget (CM), Notification Shortcuts (CarbonROM) & more.

IMPORTANT: I don't own an Xperia Z, so I need your help!

Please test and report problems! If you like my job, buy https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.edge.drawer and https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reloaded&hl=it to keep it alive

Install these ROM and GAPPS, wipe cache and dalvik (full wipe is recommended when coming from another rom)
Releases (pa-yuga_*):http://devhost.xda-developers.com/users/xzzz9097
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/ry7

CHANGELOG
Quote:

27SEPT-Latest updates from PA, switched to MEOW-kernel, Torch and TWRP recovery included (please confirm)
20SEPT-3.99 RC2 release. Everything should work.
16JULY-All latest updates from PA (check 3.65 and 3.67 changelog on ParanoidAndroid Google+ for info, Roboto Light Font, Status Bar Brightness Slider
27JUNE-Latest kernel updates and hopefully fixed camera
24JUNE-Updated device and kernel from CyanogenMod, merged PA repos, fixed force close in Settings > Toolbars, added toggle for Multi-Window in notification tray (Settings > Toolbars), fixed alignment of clock and battery in statusbar
20JUNE-Fixed FC in Settings > Toolbars
17JUNE-Statusbar clock customization (day of the week, am/pm and right/central clock), merged latest PA changes, added floating mode in Recents menu
13JUNE-Floating windows now enabled in the notification shade and with notification shortcuts
10JUNE-HALO implemented
09JUNE-New build with all latest PA changes (check their github) to prepari for Halo release, plus Cyanogenmod's yoga changes. Reimplemented Linaro optimizations, gcc 4.7 and strict-aliasing enabled with patches
14MAY-WiFi and mobile networks should work now. Reverted optimizations as stability is more important now
11MAY-Attempt to fix yuga audio, Linaro optimizations, GCC4.7, implemented Notification Shortcuts from Carbon
29APR-Lockscreen ring shortcuts - CM (Settings > Lockscreen > Slider Shortcuts), Quick Settings flip and reworked colors configuration (Settings > Toolbars > Quick Settings panel, now you can choose what random colors you want)
25APR-Ported colored statusbar tiles from BAKED under Settings > Toolbars > Quick Settings, Camera from maxwen, Graphite enabled and -mfloat-abi=softfp flag
23APR-Added UMS/MTP switch to allow ADB at the same time with storage
19APR-Fixed buttons backlight from Advanced Settings, added CRT Off and style, T9 dialer and optimizations tweaks, NCX V35 included
14APR-Added HW keys remapping, built with SaberMod GCC 4.7 and Linaro string routines, BLN and notification led working
25MAR-Update to PA3.15: new PAPrefs, Hybrid mode quick toggle, n3okernel v31c
22MAR-Fixed LatinIME(Swype keyboard), Camera faces, NCX v28 included

If PAPrefs doesn't apply your settings, set /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf permissions to rw-rw-rw
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to xzzz9097 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzzz9097 Ad-Free
3rd May 2013, 09:22 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Mountain View

More
So, I made a port of my HOX rom for yuga. It is basically a PA with some additions from other ROMs. This is an early-stage alpha (I don't even know if it boots) so I need some testers. Hopefully we can reach a good stability level in time for PA's Hybrid2 and Halo. Please test and report back problems! Thank you.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xzzz9097 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzzz9097 Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 09:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Mountain View

More
Any report?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xzzz9097 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzzz9097 Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 11:21 AM |#4  
Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,780

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzzz9097

Any report?

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll check it for you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th May 2013, 12:06 PM |#5  
Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,780

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzzz9097

Any report?

Boots nicely, has same issue as CM roms, where the radio signal doesn't work, and you get unknown baseband. Just doing a few reboots right now to sort it

ROM seems fine, no major issues, there might be a graphical quirk or two though, but looks good enough in basic function, if you are aware of the issues getting modem to work on CM-based ROMs
4th May 2013, 02:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 934

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

Boots nicely, has same issue as CM roms, where the radio signal doesn't work, and you get unknown baseband. Just doing a few reboots right now to sort it

ROM seems fine, no major issues, there might be a graphical quirk or two though, but looks good enough in basic function, if you are aware of the issues getting modem to work on CM-based ROMs

You here too!

Inviato dal mio GT-i9100 con Tapatalk 2
4th May 2013, 04:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 201

Donate to Me
More
Do you plan to get an Xperia Z anytime soon? Kinda curious because this looks promising.
5th May 2013, 05:50 PM |#8  
Flag Ronneby
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Installed and set uped. Works like a charm, thank you OP. Maybe if we could get the max DPI go up to 480, as it is now its 320. Would be nice. Will report back after further testing
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickwarn Ad-Free
5th May 2013, 08:49 PM |#9  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn

Installed and set uped. Works like a charm, thank you OP. Maybe if we could get the max DPI go up to 480, as it is now its 320. Would be nice. Will report back after further testing

You can change it in /etc/paranoid/properties.conf.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
6th May 2013, 06:05 AM |#10  
Flag Ronneby
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHawk002

You can change it in /etc/paranoid/properties.conf.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, will look in to it. As i remember I have done that before in early PA days.
Can you make calls with this rom? I could send sms but not make phone calls. When attemting to make one it just cut the call before conecting and showing the message " not availabale in this area" or something like it. I changed betweeen Lte/Gsm and GSM mode in mobile network settings and still the same. And it was not the baseband unknown issue, first thing i checked.
6th May 2013, 12:19 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Mountain View

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn

Thanks, will look in to it. As i remember I have done that before in early PA days.
Can you make calls with this rom? I could send sms but not make phone calls. When attemting to make one it just cut the call before conecting and showing the message " not availabale in this area" or something like it. I changed betweeen Lte/Gsm and GSM mode in mobile network settings and still the same. And it was not the baseband unknown issue, first thing i checked.

Can you take the logcat with ADB? I already have a suspect, but I'm not sure. By the way, Halo source code will roll out soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xzzz9097 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xzzz9097 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)