I am happy to present my StereoMOD based on „Dontbelieve MOD” from Xperia Z1. I did tweak Xperia Z’s „snd_soc_msm” file among others in order to achieve real stereo speakers on a mono speaker phone like XZ, ZR and ZL.
Compatibility range 4.3 – 4.4.4; Android L – stock roms, custom stock-based roms, custom based rom and possibly many other roms.
AROMA Installer- noob and user friendly
How does the StereoMOD work?
• Sony did a good job with the earpiece speaker – loud and crisp. Giving the build quality we decided to use it as an additional speaker to achieve stereo.Features:
• When the phone rings, when you get a notification, when you listen to music/radio or even while you are in a call (speakerphone), instead of hearing everything through an awfully small speaker, you’ll have two speakers, one for the Left, the other for the Right channel.
• So, it’s easy. Earpiece speaker works together with the main speaker to achieve real stereo and surround effect on your phone. Just like the Z2 or Z3 but better in many aspects.
• Stereo speaker output for:Requirements and Installationo Media (music, videos, you name it);• Recovery aroma flash which gives you control over what should or should not be installed:
o Notifications and ring-tone;
o In-call stereo speakerphone.
o Option to make a backup of your current settings – and restore;• Auto-channel swapping (L-R; R-L) according to device orientation (auto-rotate must be enabled)
o Auto Left and Right channels swapping according to device rotation;
o S-Force Surround ported from Xperia Tablet Z (Included with Auto channel swapping, Only for Stock 4.4.4);
o Stereo FM radio;
o Stereo Ringer;
o Stereo in-call speakerphone;
o Custom channel assignment (you can choose which speaker to be assigned to which channel – L-R).
o Headphone boost;
o Custom volume menu (in which you choose how loud each channel should be in order to get the desired volume and the right balance between earpiece and main speaker);
o Uninstall option.
• S-Force Surround – optional;
• Manual control over volumes (guide below).
• Requirements:Note: Exception only for Stock Sony 5.0 user, please choose KK as an option in Aroma or use KK Express package below, instead of LL version. For other rom please follow the installation instructions normally.o Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL (mod can be adapted for other devices with the snd_soc_file but giving the specific device config you should consult me first);• Installation:
o Stock, or Stock Base 4.3-4.4.4-5, Dirty Unicorn v7.8(4.4.4), KMA AOSPA 30/07 or possibly all custom roms, you name it.
o Root access;
o Working recovery;
o Now compatible with Android L.
- Customisableo Download the latest version of StereoMod (Aroma flashable zip);- Express
o Flash it through recovery;
o Follow the Aroma installer steps and make a backup (just to be safe);
o Select your preferred features; channel configuration, channel volumes and proceed to install;
o Reboot.o Download the latest version of StereoMod (Express flashable zip);
o Flash it through recovery;
o If it's not balance properly for your device, use the customizable version instead.
Manual installation, manual controls and manual uninstall:
• Manual install:o Unzip the Express package
o Copy snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 from the package
o Replace this file in to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm folder
o Set permission -rw-r--r--(644).
o And Reboot!
• Manual Controls:
Open the snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 file that you just replaced and edit with editor. I recommended using 920 Text Editor or DroidEdit on mobile which could run such a big code.
Go to line #2966, you will see that the following code is related to speaker. Scroll down to line #2985 and #2986, you will see these code:
'RX1 Digital Volume':1:73
'RX3 Digital Volume':1:71
RX1 is Earpiece and RX3 is Loudspeaker. Change these blue values will effect the volumes for xLoud off.
If you scroll down alittle bit to line #3010, you'll noticed instantly that it is related to xLoud on. Do the same to Line #3029 and #3030.
'RX1 Digital Volume':1:74
'RX3 Digital Volume':1:72
Change these values will effect volumes for xLoud on. Becareful not to raise RX1 volume too high, it might fry your earpiece. Both of their stock default value is 68. You take full responsible for your own tweak.
• For manual uninstall, just flash StereoMod XZ-Revert.zip in recovery and reboot. OR use the Uninstall or Backup and Restore option in the aroma.
To test out the mod and auto channel swap you can try these samples:
• Left/Right Stereo Audio/Visual Test.: http://youtu.be/dvqbq_0jZ_UTo use Auto Channel Swapping correctly please check Metallijim Tutorial:
• Dolby Digital - HD Surround Sound Test: http://youtu.be/PvnlpPWAcZc
• Stereo Sound Mod For Xperia Z: http://youtu.be/9TJF9q-exOoDisclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage caused by this mod. Eg, your phone is broken, you miss any important call, alarm didn't go off and you were late for work, or your earpiece is busted. It's your own risk. Proceed with Caution, you have been warned. [the mod should be all-time stable – unless you modify something inside the snd file].
- v5.0-AROMA - https://app.box.com/s/npt9ww44m6cdin8nfumo8l2vm5rdxk44
mirror - http://d-h.st/twOR
- v5.0-LL-Express - https://app.box.com/s/m8gmnk9tb4z4h5m7wiqjhybs3yj6d52w
- v5.0-KK-Express - https://app.box.com/s/5x4zsd9q5tjo5d4483zf67yog5xrbjfs
- Lollipop-Beta - http://www.mediafire.com/download/37...ZL-ZR_Beta.zip
- v4.0 - https://www.mediafire.com/?laink00e1br010e
- v2.0 - http://www.mediafire.com/view/qzvt1e272s5v8gs
- v1.2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/or...od_XZ_v1.2.zip
- v1.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/72...od_XZ_v1.1.zip
- Revert - http://www.mediafire.com/?6y6pdfye4ro2yyy
Grey button for Bitcoin, Orange for paypal, incase it doesn't work, use info below:
Version 5.0 – Lollipop Compatibility
• Dual loudspeaker during voice call;v4.0:
• Fixed earpiece Volume (too loud in phone call bug) ;
• Hopefully added several headphone boost options ;
• Backup and restore/ Uninstall options for L;
• Bring Default channel backv3.0:
• Make S-Force as an option
• Backup and Restore feature - for any rom
• Uninstall option - mostly for stock rom
• Added Safety measure
• Fix small bugs from v3.0
• Optimized snd file
• Auto channel swapping based on device rotation, but it tend to swap only when the device is in portrait, or in upside down portrait.(Only for Stock 4.4.4)
• S-Force ported from Xperia Tablet Z (Included with Auto channel swapping, Only for Stock 4.4.4)
• Fixed Loudspeaker on call bug for swapped channel-Finally!
• Stereo Ringer as an option
• Stereo FM radio as an option
• Top notch volumes
• Earpiece boost
• Optimised Headphone boost
• Updated snd file to 4.4.4
• Simplified aroma installerv1.2:
• Various volume level choices
• Swapped channels enabled, but earpiece as a loudspeaker in call.
• Headphone boost
• Earpiece boost
• Ringer boost
• Bass boost - hopefully slightly!
• extra volume boostv1.1:
• Distortion reduction
• Swapped channels to fix loudspeaker during call
• Volume Boostv1.0:
• initial release
• Let me know ;
• Auto Channel swapping only swap during portrait and upside down portrait, instead of landscape.
Contributors: [not in a specific order]: dontbelieve; Metalijim; androidfreak70; Sebi673; Cr33D OrB; Kelvin98 and many others whom helped me in this project.
Hit thanks if you like!!!!!!!!!