[ROM][5.1.1][UB][24-aug]HybridRom Concept EditioN V2.0.1 kernel updated

Search This thread

caki25

It will work.
UI is actually from Z3 and it's working on Ultra.
Why it won't work with on Z1?
Only thing is changed is dpi, which can be done in build.prop.

Btw if u applying themes, apply framework for Android M!

I'm sorry, standard Layer themes do work just fine .. I applied a couple to see how it behaves, no issues so far :) What I was referencing to as not working was the Substratum theme engine, RRO's successor. It was announced I think only today that Layers have become deprecated.

As I said before, awesome job guys, I like this ROM very very much, it does combine the two things from both worlds - Sony and AOSP.. :) smoothness and speed (and also a couple of other items like the camera :) )

Quick question if I may though, would it be possible to implement PexoCam or Cyberian III ? :angel:

Thank you again for you hard work!

Doom Slayer

Jan 16, 2011
Mars
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I'm sorry, standard Layer themes do work just fine .. I applied a couple to see how it behaves, no issues so far :) What I was referencing to as not working was the Substratum theme engine, RRO's successor. It was announced I think only today that Layers have become deprecated.

As I said before, awesome job guys, I like this ROM very very much, it does combine the two things from both worlds - Sony and AOSP.. :) smoothness and speed (and also a couple of other items like the camera :) )

Quick question if I may though, would it be possible to implement PexoCam or Cyberian III ? :angel:

Thank you again for you hard work!
I'll see what can be done about Substratum.
Not sure about cam,since those are most likely won't work on my ZU, but I guess my team will do something about the camera.
Universal patch is mostly for dark themes support. I've done what I could there without using sources. There are some minor bugs with dark themes, but it depends on theme u are using, we still got some sony stuff here and most theme makers will ignore that. But...we are planning on making "a large theme" maybe layers maybe even Substratum based, so u can set UI like u want to in a settings up. :D

benplay64

Feb 22, 2015
I'll see what can be done about Substratum.
Not sure about cam,since those are most likely won't work on my ZU, but I guess my team will do something about the camera.
Universal patch is mostly for dark themes support. I've done what I could there without using sources. There are some minor bugs with dark themes, but it depends on theme u are using, we still got some sony stuff here and most theme makers will ignore that. But...we are planning on making "a large theme" maybe layers maybe even Substratum based, so u can set UI like u want to in a settings up. :D
It is a very good idea to create your theme but I think that the problem with substratum is that most of the themes are for MM. All the themes that supports lollipop are for the moment not free. So you probably tried a Mm theme with substratum. I don't want to pay a theme that will maybe not work and i don't find any apk. But it's said on substratum thread that it could work with all layers compatible roms

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
The camera seems to be stuck on landscape mode for me when I already have rotation on portrait only.
It also looks like ZU has a LB version. Would it be possible for the Z1 to get it too?

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
I'm facing some issues with this ROM. After installing it, it boots fine, but the screen is black and only shows the notification bar and nav bar, with one completely blank notification. None of the options work, and there's no way to select a launcher or something and the setup wizard is absent too. I'm using a C6902, but that shouldn't matter, should it? Flashing the universal patch didn't help either.

benplay64

Feb 22, 2015
OK so I'm using this rom since the beginning and i can say you it is one of the/the best rom for this phone. It gives us the purity of stock and the good side of Xperia with its apps and its camera.

But I'm facing some bugs like:

- torchlight isn't working for me.
-Sound is blocked at its maximum when audio clear+ is activated with headphones.
-auto rotation seems not to work properly but it's not a problem for me.

I'm using it with xposed, gravitybox, and skynet. It gives me 4h30 of sot per days so it's perfect

Mirza_H

Jun 22, 2016
so far so good this rom,but only problem for me,thats color of display is too dark, not natural,example blue to dark blue,try to use KCAL Module but can not be set to a normal color,I think the problem of the kernel, if it can be improved?

benplay64

Feb 22, 2015
so far so good this rom,but only problem for me,thats color of display is too dark, not natural,example blue to dark blue,try to use KCAL Module but can not be set to a normal color,I think the problem of the kernel, if it can be improved?
Is the flashlight working for you? Personally I like these presets of settings for display

aquaboy11

Jul 13, 2014
www.g2a.com
I'm facing some issues with this ROM. After installing it, it boots fine, but the screen is black and only shows the notification bar and nav bar, with one completely blank notification. None of the options work, and there's no way to select a launcher or something and the setup wizard is absent too. I'm using a C6902, but that shouldn't matter, should it? Flashing the universal patch didn't help either.

Did you do a clean install? If not, that might be the issue. It wipes /system, but not the data related to system apps, so that data might be incompatible with the system apps on our rom. If you did do a clean install, I do not really know what the problem might be. As far as I am aware the only thing that differs between the C6903 and the C6902 is the modem, and this should not cause such problems. You could try to flash the latest firmware using flashtool and then flashing our rom to see if it makes any difference. If not, let us know and we will try to find another way around. Good luck!

auto rotate seems to be broken. but overall seems to be pretty smooth.
OK so I'm using this rom since the beginning and i can say you it is one of the/the best rom for this phone. It gives us the purity of stock and the good side of Xperia with its apps and its camera.

-Sound is blocked at its maximum when audio clear+ is activated with headphones.

I'm using it with xposed, gravitybox, and skynet. It gives me 4h30 of sot per days so it's perfect

I hope these issues are not bothering you too much. I will try to fix them, but I have to wait until the new parts for my phone arrive. The flashlight might be related to some bugs with the rear-facing camera. Glad to hear about the smoothness and stability, these are one of the main goals for our rom.

Dont enter to recovery

Try to use an app like TWRP manager to boot into recovery, or install an app like Xperia Xposed to add recovery in the reboot menu. If you really need it without using apps try holding the volume buttons while booting up the phone, this should get you into recovery.

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Did you do a clean install? If not, that might be the issue. It wipes /system, but not the data related to system apps, so that data might be incompatible with the system apps on our rom. If you did do a clean install, I do not really know what the problem might be. As far as I am aware the only thing that differs between the C6903 and the C6902 is the modem, and this should not cause such problems. You could try to flash the latest firmware using flashtool and then flashing our rom to see if it makes any difference. If not, let us know and we will try to find another way around. Good luck!

Of course it was a clean install. And yes, modem is the only difference between C6902 and C6903 (in other ROMs at least). Are you using a stock based kernel or a CM/AOSP based one? And is the ROM based on AOSP/CM or have you modified stock to add AOSP features? Any light on what exactly you've done can help me debug my issue.
If you've not edited the kernel at all, then the fact that my device is a C6902 is not the cause.
I will try flashing stock first and get back to you

aquaboy11

Jul 13, 2014
www.g2a.com
Of course it was a clean install. And yes, modem is the y difference between C6902 and C6903 (in other ROMs at least). Are you using a stock based kernel or a CM/AOSP based one? And is the ROM based on AOSP/CM or have you modified stock to add AOSP features? Any light on what exactly you've done can help me debug my issue.
If you've not edited the kernel at all, then the fact that my device is a C6902 is not the cause.
I will try flashing stock first and get back to you

We are using the GPE kernel, so it is pretty close to AOSP. And the ROM itself is a hybrid between ZU GPE and Z3 concept ROM for 5.1.1.

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
There is no big difference between those two. Camera and screen basically.
So kernel does works.

I remember that there was a problem related to a difference in modem for Indian version of the phone, which caused the black screen. U can try this.

Thanks. But we don't have a GPe modem for Xperia Z1. And are you sure if you're using a togari kernel on this ROM? Because despite their similarities, I don't think they're cross compatible.

aquaboy11

Jul 13, 2014
www.g2a.com
Thanks. But we don't have a GPe modem for Xperia Z1. And are you sure if you're using a togari kernel on this ROM? Because despite their similarities, I don't think they're cross compatible.

Actually the GPE kernel packs most stuff needed for other rhine devices. We just added the last few parts and it works. Also, I am running the kernel myself, so pretty sure it works. I am also using the GPE modem, so just try to use the fix @Doom Slayer provided and it might work.

Last edited:
Reactions: drakonizer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HybridRom Concept EditioN​

New Z1:
    I decided to buy a secondhand Z1, so now I can continue developing. As school is starting again soon I will not be able to do a lot. I will do what I can.

Description:
    We all got used to the idea that most stable ROM is a Stock one.
    This ROM will prove you otherwise.

This ROM was previously only available for the Xperia ZU, but thanks to @Doom Slayer's new development group it will start spreading to other Xperia devices. Some apps might not be the newest, but they are very stable. Our main priority is making the ROM compatible with other Xperia devices before updating every app. Today we have decided to release the first open beta for the Xperia Z1. There is only one problem we know of so far, which is an issue regarding the rear-facing camera. Sometimes the camera saves corrupt photo's. Video recording, front-facing camera, Snapchat, taking WhatsApp photo's etc. work just fine.

Feel free report bugs and help us squatting them :).

Main Futures:
    • Very fast and responsive ROM based on Z3 aosp concept and GPE libs with amazing battery life and memory management.
    • Perfect combination of Sony and Google apps.
    • No bloatware, no adds.
    • Only 400 megabytes.
    • Optional modifications.

Installation options:
    Feel free to install the rom the way you want to:

Are you an advanced user who'd like to experiment with their phone?
    Feel free to install our mod for theme support and kernel for advanced futures.

Change log:
    Kernel 24-aug
    • 128kHz and 24bit audio
    • Fixed fauxsound
    V2.0.1:
    • Fixed zip file
    V2:
    • Updated Sony and Google apps
    • Removed:Browser,Google Now,Gmail,Viper,Video(support implemented in Album) and some other bloatware.
    • Fixed Sony Sound Enhancements
    • Fixed Write To SD Card (I hope so)
    • Added new weather widget

Bugs:
    • Flashlight (probably camera related)
    • Autorotation
    • Some people might have 5ghz wifi connection problem
    • Wifi may disconnect during screen off no matter the settings. (This is android problem, not my rom)
    • The rear-facing camera sometimes saves corrupt photo's

Installation Instruction:
    • Make sure that your Bootloader is Unlocked.
    • Boot in TWRP.
    • Wipe system,data,and both caches.
    • Flash the ROM.
    • Reboot device.
    • Prepare to be amazed.

Mods and fixes, but don't install these kernels on your Z1!

Credits:
    @Jozinek for Z3 AOSP Concept
    @ATMOSF3AR Z Ultra PSD

XDA:DevDB Information
    HybridRom Concept EditioN, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    aquaboy11, Doom Slayer
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Z3 AOSP Concept, Stock and GPE

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0.1
    Beta Release Date: 2016-07-26

Created 2016-07-26
    Last Updated 2016-08-24
    Nevermind I got the zip but my device bootloops after it shows optimising apps then the black screen appears with nav bar stays like that for some sec then again reboot and then again optimising app window.

what i did was just flashed the zip without any gapps. what am i doing wrong ??

Device C6902

If you'd have read the previous posts on this thread, you would've known the reason and the fix. You need to flash togari's gpe modem. Read previous posts for links and more info.
    Since ZU and Z1 have similar hardware, I can provide some support as well. @aquaboy11, thank for opening a thread, let's make a cabdy out of that ROM.

A person who will find a way to fix camera will become a member of out dev team. ;)

Also, if you have experience with kernels, then you can try to make a defconfig for my own kernel, which will allow me to bring a kernel as well, kernel with fauxsound, dt2w and etc.
    I don't have Z1 on my own unfortunately.
    Nice. I hope it comes to our Z1 Compact ;)
    It's a next device in the to-do list :)