CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled ROMs, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best ROM we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
What's not working:
⚛ GPS - It has been improved since the oreo releases and Google Maps navigation works perfectly. However, some purely GPS (that don't use the internet connection for a quicker lock) based apps take a long time to get a lock.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.
⚛ Take a backup of your setup in case you want to return to it.
⚛ Perform a factory reset.
⚛ Install the ROM.
⚛ Install the C6902 modem files if you're using a C6902.
⚛ Reboot to the system.
⚛ Reboot back to the recovery and flash gapps. This is necessary because most gapps packages have a broken SetupWizard on Pie.
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
5) Please keep bugreports to this thread or Discord. Do NOT create a Jira ticket. This is still in early development so we don't accept any bugreports yet.
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
CarbonROM Opal, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM/android...74/tree/cr-7.0
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2019-04-21