[GUIDE] Convert your Z1 SOL23 into C6903 .108 with 32GB of internal memory

Search This thread

10TONNE

Feb 1, 2015
if i flash back to sol23 rom will it become carrier locked again?
i'm also having that no receive calls problem

dbluezhack92

Oct 12, 2015
if i flash back to sol23 rom will it become carrier locked again?
i'm also having that no receive calls problem
in Flashing don't forget to cheklist baseband

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

someone now? how to fix nfc sol23 after flash it to c6903?? thx b4

10TONNE

Feb 1, 2015
the only solution right now for cannot receive calls/sms is to flash SOL23 firmware :(
now i tried converting again to C9603 no matter what version i find, calls sms didn't work.
somewhere on vietnam forum (which i dont understand what they're saying, only google translate) the sms/calls thingie works even the nfc (i know this because nobody talks about it on their forum)

Last edited:

santaa

Mar 8, 2009
http://imgur.com/BdMlbLl
You can manipulate and fix this problem 1 / Up rom Sony Xperia Z1 International for AU Sol23 You can download any of Z1 C6903 rom to flash past on FlashTool but must Requirements: Must be in accordance with instructions must original Japanese rom are and still get called normal hearing new sim perform this step in flash tool You need to set up: No final verification + + (Wipe APPSLOG, CACHE, dATA) to delete the data and cleaning machines. If you do not want to lose data, you can clear the area of Data section. + (PARTITION, TA, FOTA baseband) to avoid missing IMEI and reduction in the machine's memory, then press the Flash 2 / Fix Not getting the call and failed to send a message on the International version of the Sony Xperia rom Z1 AU Sol23 * the reason is very likely you have to rom International and alarm When there is a new update. You OTA update, or you already Up to Rom International and OK Then Nghe- Call You Back Up Rom International continues through Flash tool * Fix You have to put the original Japanese Stock Rom Link rom Clearance rom stock then you follow up through normal FlashTool FlashTool default without leave items such integrated international rom. Done then you restart the computer> network settings mode overseas GSM sim to a receiver. Tested ok heard calling and texting can be up to international rom follow the instructions above
http://sonyfan.vn/diendan/threads/79354/

vendra29

May 9, 2016
the only solution right now for cannot receive calls/sms is to flash SOL23 firmware :(
now i tried converting again to C9603 no matter what version i find, calls sms didn't work.
somewhere on vietnam forum (which i dont understand what they're saying, only google translate) the sms/calls thingie works even the nfc (i know this because nobody talks about it on their forum)
Hello, i cant receive calls and text after convert to c6903. Is there any solution for this ? Thx

I had this trouble too, but what i did were :
1. Find the latest c6903 Firmware
2. Please exclude baseband and partition in flashtool
3. Please not updating the software, it wil cause can not received sms or phone calls
Hope it helped (Sorry for my bad english ):)

Naeem Ahmed Jatoi

Nov 11, 2015
sony xperia z1 sol23

sony xperia z1 sol23 call incoming and outgoing and 32gb memory this C6903 varsion im problum is solve

NFC still 100% working
my whatapp num 03013335575

wdpt

Dec 8, 2019
Addition for people who has problems with baseband

Kind of a necropost, please forgive me for that. If I knew the right drill, it would have saved me at least a weak of experimenting with ROMs. Also there is an easier way to do what OP did.
My guide is composed of SOL23 Japanese thread on 5ch.
(no links allowed, so look for 【ROM焼き】KDDI Xperia Z1 SOL23 root3)
and my own experience.

Goes without saying that you should backup everything, as we are going to wipe the freaking memory.
Also, read first - then act. Some actions are easy for me on a Linux machine (unpacking partitions from ftf file for example), you might just copy the files from your current ROM.

Given:
SOL23, KDDI, rooted. Bootloader locked.
ROM version does not matter, as stock ROMs are available
ftf andro plus

Goal:
Use full bandwidth of SOL23. If you flash global C6903 ROM, it will render the phone useless on most providers inside Japan (mine are Au/UQmobile, would not even connect after flashing)

If you already have the KDDI ROM installed and working fine, then backup /data/data/com.providers.telephony/database/telephony.db. Also go to /system/etc/firmware/ and copy files modem.b00 to modem.b26 plus modem.mdt. It has to be 21 file in total. You will need them later. Also you might just exclude BASEBAND and PARTITION when flashing global ROM, instead of reflashingthem atop.

IF you want to go from scratch -
You will need newest KDDI ROM for SOL23 (it is 14.3.C.0.300), downloadable on the page above. Actually any will work, but it is said that energy efficiency is better on the newest one, personally tested .81/.95/.239/.300 and all of them worked.
Also you will need any global stock lollipop ROM of your choice, personally used Customized DE and Customized SG 14.6.A.1.236 downloaded by ExperiFirm. Prerooted zips are also OK.

First you flash the your Global ROM with Flashtool. Boot into it. As soon as the first boot is finished and desktop is displayed - turn it off and flash BASEBAND and PARTITION from KDDI ROM. Content should be: amss_fsg.sin, amss_fs_1.sin, amss_fs_2.sin, partition.sin. NOTE: sometimes partition.sin is called differently, partition-image.sin for example. It is only the partition table, which will give you back your 32GB of memory. If unsure - look at the size of the file, it has to be tiny - tens of kilobytes.
You can also check the boxes "wipe APPS_LOG and USERDATA", but it went fine without checking them for me. It will wipe it anyway as the memory is re-partitioned.

Now boot into the system. It is gonna take a while - 15 minutes or so. Then you will be greeted with clean phone. Recovery and SuperSU will not disappear after flashing partition.sin.
Now you should be able to use 3G, but not LTE. We need some files from KDDI ROM. Extract /system from .TFT, go to /system/etc/firmware/ and copy files modem.b00 to modem.b26 plus modem.mdt. It has to be 21 file in total, as some modem.b files are missing.
Copy them with root explorer to the same location (overwrite existing files) on your phone and set rw-r--r-- permissions to them.

Now editing our build.prop, so SOL23 can shine in all its glory :cool: (also saves you from network losses apparently)
Code:
ro.semc.version.cust=1275-6766
ro.semc.version.cust_revision=R21C
ro.somc.customerid=6565
[B]ro.product.brand=KDDI [/B] 
ro.semc.product.model=SOL23
ro.semc.ms_type_id=PM-0470-BV
ro.semc.version.fs=KDDI-LTE
ro.semc.product.name=Xperia Z1
ro.semc.product.device=C69
ro.product.model=SOL23
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1
Line in bold needs to be added, everything else is just an edit.

Almost here. Restore working telephony.db from the backup, OR just add the APN of your provider by hand. You might need to put the phone to LTE only mode and reboot for the option to appear. Also sometimes it gives an error (not permitted to set APN name) the first time you add the APN, but second time works fine. Some weird issues were reported by a user from Au Mobile, when he switched carriers, resolved by cleaning "carriers" table in telephony.db with SQL editor and adding new APN manually.

Finally dial in *#*#4636#*#* and set the following:
Preferred network type: LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)

BY NOW IT SHOULD HAVE WORKED, they said.
AFAIK the next part is carrier specific. For me at this point it was possible to use LTE DATA and SMS, but calling directly would always fail. At the same time others were reporting no issues.
I solved it by changing the radio band in *#*#4636#*#* menu (3 dots on the top right -->>Select Radio Band) to "Cellular (800-MHz Band)"
and setting to TURN OFF IMS REGISTRATION REQUIRED in the same menu.
Also you might try different bands and settings. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first guide to write on XDA, so pls forgive me and report to me if you find some error :p:p
    Pls make a backup first. I dont care if your device is brick/damaged/your house is on fire

Requirement
    -Z1 SOL23, fully working
    -Flashtool latest version with installed Z1 Flashtool driver (Be sure when you install driver with Flashtool Xperia Driver Pack, tick 3 boxes: Xperia Z1 driver, Xperia Z1 L39h driver and Xperia Z1 f SO-02F)
    -SOL23 14.1.C.3.95
    https://mega.co.nz/#!7xwQ0TCb!vEKyi_DdRLA7YgS4IjEvo7EFljUgqae7KgkFDRq8dgs
    -C6903 converter
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/csl0amuhkpgvycu/SOL23_4.4.4_14.4.A.0.108_Converter.ftf

The guide
    1. First set you network mode in SOL23 into "GSM Only"
    2. Install Flashtool with Z1 driver (already mention), download both file and paste it into Flashtool install directory (Normally "C:\Flashtool\firmwares")
    3. Open Flashtool, choose SOL23 firmware (14.1.C.3.95) and in Wipe section, tick 3 boxes: APPLOGS, DATA, CACHE. And press "Flash" button below
    4. While waiting for Flashtool for preparing the file, turn off your phone and prepare the usb cable
    5. When Flashtool is require to plug the cable in, plug the usb cable into your phone. Then press Vol- button while plug the cable into PC
    6. Flashtool will auto recognize the phone and will start to flash the FTF
    7 When you flash done, turnon the phone and check if your ROM version is 14.1.C.3.95. Set the network mode "GSM Only" too
    8 Turnoff your phone again. Open Flashtool and choose C6903 file. In Wipe section, tick 3 boxes like step 3. And in Exclude section, tick Partition and Baseband box. Then in Misc section, tick No final verification
    9 Repeat step 5 and 6. After it was done, turnon the phone and you will see the result

Cons
    -NFC still not working
    Pros
    All good!

Thanks for reading and remember press "Thanks" if find me helpful
    Bump @MOD pls stick this thread so anyone with sol23 can find it
    Bump @gregbradley pls stick this thread to help people with SOL23....
    I'm sorry, but does that mean it would give me 32gb of memory on C6903? I think I didn't get this right, but it's worth asking xd
    I'm sorry, but does that mean it would give me 32gb of memory on C6903? I think I didn't get this right, but it's worth asking xd
    Since SOL23 is Japanese variant of Z1 with bigger memory (32GB!) and have NFC/Felicia..... and when convert to c690x rom normal process it just lost half of it memory (actually it's hidded from the ROM)
    The only drawback is NFC not working....
    And NO, you cant add memory to your devices physically (If you want to, search for "download ram" :p *j/k* )