Root 14.4.A.0.157 [ LB / UBL ]

Search This thread

disturbedfen

Nov 17, 2014
I did everything again and the same result occurred. I'm with the stock firmware now,and I'll just wait for a proper root. As far as i see the reason for this could be that my device isD5503 :|

rumthin

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
And after flashing the first kernel my phone has only black screen,although still powers on and i can connect it to pc with usb,but the screen is always black... THANK YOU FOR THAT ! :good:

Same thing happened to me....

This phone is such a pain in the ass to update and root compared to my previous phone...

Why can't Google just make a small high end Nexus phone. I'd pay a premium for that. /end rant

Reactions: disturbedfen

cjey

Jul 6, 2009
Kathmandu
Hi, flashtool on my Win7 can't recognize downloaded tft's files in folder, why? ty in advance

Downloaded file may be in zip format that's why flash tool is cant able to recognize. Simply follow the procedure as described below.
1. unzip the files in a folder 2. open flashtool/ tools/bundles/create 3. select the file sources and select all files to right side of the window 4. Put the device, brand and version by double clicking 5. hit create, your ftf file will be saved on firmware folder and happy flashing....
Regards,
cjey

Waledac

Oct 25, 2012
Home
www.thewaledac.com
Downloaded file may be in zip format that's why flash tool is cant able to recognize. Simply follow the procedure as described below.
1. unzip the files in a folder 2. open flashtool/ tools/bundles/create 3. select the file sources and select all files to right side of the window 4. Put the device, brand and version by double clicking 5. hit create, your ftf file will be saved on firmware folder and happy flashing....
Regards,
cjey

The ftf files are not in zip just download the files and copy it to C:\Flashtool\firmwares

slayer2333

Dec 30, 2013
toronto
From from what i understand, no more need to downgrade in order to root this FW right ? We can start rooting right from .157.

ady3004

Mar 6, 2011
iasi
And after flashing the first kernel my phone has only black screen,although still powers on and i can connect it to pc with usb,but the screen is always black what can i do?and SONY UPDATE SERVICE not work anymore
PLEASE HELP

Exxonvaldez

Jan 8, 2009
And after flashing the first kernel my phone has only black screen,although still powers on and i can connect it to pc with usb,but the screen is always black what can i do?and SONY UPDATE SERVICE not work anymore
PLEASE HELP

I have the same problem on my 5503. This method is not working. Black screen...
You can use sony mobile companion to get it back to work.

Exxonvaldez

Jan 8, 2009
I also have the black screen, how can I get it back to work with Mobile companion?

Just boot your phone. When you press the on/off button it will vibrate and boot. You just won't see anything. Start pc companion, attach your phone via usb. Companion will tell you there is a new version available. Follow the instructions. When done you will have a working phone with 157 kernel.

For z1 compact D550x please use these 2 files from here instead:
http://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/general/guide-root-14-4-0-157-t2936586

Miro24h

Jul 2, 2013
i have version .108 rooted, deodexed, 4k inmported and with dual recovery installed so i want to know the steps exactly should i flash kernel108 then root then kernel157 or just flsh .157 and (root, dual recovery, deodex and 4k) will remain untoched. plz answer me because my ota after downloading .157 says verifying and after few seconds it says could not verify

Sassa973

Nov 22, 2014
newbie question

5. Root your phone using rootkitXperia_20140719.zip , Extract rootkitXperia_20140719.zip , Connect your phone with USB Debugging ( install adb drivers , install PC Companion adb drivers will get installed , exit PC Companion before executing install.bat ) , and run install.bat

Hello,
I'm very sorry to ask for this, but I am doing this for the first time and want to be sure to truly understand what needs t be done...
Could you provide more details about this :
install adb drivers , install PC Companion adb drivers will get installed
How or where do I install adb drivers ?

thanks

Sab

Top Liked Posts