FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Sony Xperia Z1 Lollipop 5.0.2 Build 14.5.A.0.270

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By aravindnv, Junior Member on 4th June 2015, 01:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How to Root Sony Xperia Z1 running Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Build [14.5.A.0.242 / 14.5.A.0.270] ( C6902 / C6903 / C6906 / C6943 )

1. First make sure you are running Lollipop 5.0.2 Build 14.5.A.0.242 / 14.5.A.0.270. Go to Settings > About to verify this. The below screenshot is of C6902 but the method will work on all models of Z1 running Build 14.5.A.0.242 / 14.5.A.0.270.

2. Download KingRoot v4.1.0 and install it in your mobile :- "d-h.st/34c1"

3. Open the KingRoot app from your mobile , Click on Start Root , the Rooting Process will start. ( You need to connected to internet via WiFi or Mobile data )

THATS IT YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED

To Replace KingUser with SuperUser follow the steps :

1. Download the file - Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU LINK :- "d-h.st/ZxN8"

2. Extract the file and copy the mrw folder to the root of your internal storage.

3. Download Terminal Emulator for Android from PlayStore :- "play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jakpal.androidterm&hl=en"

4. Open the Terminal app in your mobile , enter the command " su " ( without quotes ) . Allow Root Access in your mobile.

5. Now run the command - " sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh " ( without quotes )

6. The SuperSu app will launch automatically , it will ask to update binary , click on CONTINUE , then Select NORMAL method. After the Binary is installed it will ask to reboot your device.

Note : This method works on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices!!!

XZDualRecovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606

Note :- To download Kingroot , Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU LINK, Terminal Emulator links are underlined. To download copy the underlined link and open in a new browser tab

Note : - I am not responsible for brick your devices.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to aravindnv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aravindnv Ad-Free

4th June 2015, 09:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindnv

How to Root Sony Xperia Z1 running Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Build [14.5.A.0.242 / 14.5.A.0.270] ( C6902 / C6903 / C6906 / C6943 )

1. First make sure you are running Lollipop 5.0.2 Build 14.5.A.0.242 / 14.5.A.0.270. Go to Settings > About to verify this. The below screenshot is of C6902 but the method will work on all models of Z1 running Build 14.5.A.0.242 / 14.5.A.0.270.

2. Download KingRoot v4.1.0 and install it in your mobile :- "d-h.st/34c1"

3. Open the KingRoot app from your mobile , Click on Start Root , the Rooting Process will start. ( You need to connected to internet via WiFi or Mobile data )

THATS IT YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED

To Replace KingUser with SuperUser follow the steps :

1. Download the file - Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU LINK :- "d-h.st/ZxN8"

2. Extract the file and copy the mrw folder to the root of your internal storage.

3. Download Terminal Emulator for Android from PlayStore :- "play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jakpal.androidterm&hl=en"

4. Open the Terminal app in your mobile , enter the command " su " ( without quotes ) . Allow Root Access in your mobile.

5. Now run the command - " sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh " ( without quotes )

6. The SuperSu app will launch automatically , it will ask to update binary , click on CONTINUE , then Select NORMAL method. After the Binary is installed it will ask to reboot your device.

Note : This method works on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices!!!

XZDualRecovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606

Note :- To download Kingroot , Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU LINK, Terminal Emulator links are underlined. To download copy the underlined link and open in a new browser tab

Note : - I am not responsible for brick your devices.

I'm doing the replacing SU step but I dont know where exactly am I supposed to put the mrw file as you mentioned "copy the mrw folder to the root of your internal storage."
If you can show me that would be great, thanks alot
okay i did it after searching at youtube, great work man thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loveispain1796 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift loveispain1796 Ad-Free
5th June 2015, 03:05 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveispain1796

I'm doing the replacing SU step but I dont know where exactly am I supposed to put the mrw file as you mentioned "copy the mrw folder to the root of your internal storage."
If you can show me that would be great, thanks alot
okay i did it after searching at youtube, great work man thanks

I think your phone is rooted , then extract the file and
Just copy the mrw folder to your phone internal memory use by an file manager.
9th June 2015, 10:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
works perfectly on my c6902.. thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronnie141 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ronnie141 Ad-Free
10th June 2015, 05:26 AM |#5  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Its strange, but it works
The Following User Says Thank You to romaha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romaha Ad-Free
10th June 2015, 06:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romaha

Its strange, but it works

Funktioniert auch mit z1 6903
23rd June 2015, 08:49 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Location If unable to execute through terminal emulator use Root Browser
Hllo guys,

If there is any path problem while executing the root.sh file through terminal emulator you can alternatively install root browser open the mrw folder in root browser and open the root.sh file and there u select execute and the file will be executed and further u must follow as mentioned above to update Su Library.
Hope that it must easy your job..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashish4ugupta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashish4ugupta Ad-Free
24th June 2015, 07:46 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
its works, thanks bro 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to serqeftin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift serqeftin Ad-Free
24th June 2015, 08:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
why does it need to be connected to internet ? ಠ_ಠ
sound like some sort of spyware

read this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=722
25th June 2015, 12:07 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
IIRC, this KingRoot or KingoRoot was already banned from this forum because it was proved it is connecting to some chinese servers with collected data. Personally, l would avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
25th June 2015, 01:29 AM |#11  
Flag VU
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd777

IIRC, this KingRoot or KingoRoot was already banned from this forum because it was proved it is connecting to some chinese servers with collected data. Personally, l would avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kingo root is banned but not kingroot
Here is official kingroot on xda
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...x-5-0-t3107461
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadovvv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dadovvv Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)