[Tut] Clean camera lens getting blurry

Search This thread

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible for any damage in your phone..You are fully responsible for whatever happens to your device.

I am not taking any credit for this guide I found it on the internet and i am resharing :)

With past experiences from my older phones (X10 Mini Pro and Xperia SP) I've noticed that the camera after 8-9 months is getting blurry
and there are scratches all over the lens...
I've read on the internet that this may be caused from some "coating" that sony adds and you need to remove it in-order to be clear again.
I am not entirely sure what this is and what are the cons after removing the "coating".

To remove the coating it is really easy...
You will need some toothpaste(I've read that alcohol spray works too but I only tested toothpaste), Microfiber cloth, cotton swab
  • Apply some toothpaste on the camera lens
  • Rub the toothpaste with the cotton swab in a clockwise motion (For arround 5-10 minutes)
  • Remove the toothpaste using microfiber cloth with the help of some water

You'll see a big difference after removing the coating and all the scratches should be gone.
I hope I helped :fingers-crossed: :good:

EDIT :
Thanks to the user @mdshaman ,

Be cautioned, though. Removing the coating will affect your night shots. Pictures with lights (car headlights, streetlamps) will noticably be worse since the coating is to cut the glares that came in the lens.

Last edited:

yoyoyed

Jan 18, 2009
Hoorn
Thanks it worked The lens is now clear again

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium HD app

lapuckire

Dec 25, 2012
Prague
Oh perfect! I had such an suspicion that the lens just cant be from glass... So it's the same as with the screen - perfect glass and some fu****g form of plastic cloating over it, very well Sony. Really thanks for the guide :), sometimes I couldn't even focus and it was only getting worse

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

amit1748

Jan 23, 2015
I had almost given up on my Z1's camera until i stumbled upon this. I had almost forgotten the clarity it had originally.
And Thanks a lot it rejuvenated my phone's camera.
i am so happy right now :)

Thechiller86

Mar 2, 2014
@UltraWelfare Thanks dude! ?

My First try to remove the purplish film on the lens cover Glass was not so good... Because I've tried it with toothpaste and toiletpaper... The purplish film was massively scratched and the Fotos was blurry as hell ?
Than I took a microfiber cloth and a little bit of toothpaste and rubbed the Glas about 2 minutes in clockwise direction. After cleaning it and checking if it worked I've noticed a big clear spot in the middle of the glass ? so I've repeated the process about 1 minute with concentration of the outside of the glass. And now no more purple on the glass and I have sharper Fotos than before!

Thank you for the cleaning Tutorial ?

Last time i did same to my xperia sp now i don't have sp because of this method.:D:D:D

I'm sure you was doing it wrong ?

Last edited:

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
Worked!! Thank you so much:D
Will be sensitivity to scratches will increase now??
My camera has some scratches ( I don't remember if they were there before doing all this procedure)
but the camera has the same result in quality :D

@UltraWelfare Thanks dude!

My First try to remove the purplish film on the lens cover Glass was not so good... Because I've tried it with toothpaste and toiletpaper... The purplish film was massively scratched and the Fotos was blurry as hell
Than I took a microfiber cloth and a little bit of toothpaste and rubbed the Glas about 2 minutes in clockwise direction. After cleaning it and checking if it worked I've noticed a big clear spot in the middle of the glass so I've repeated the process about 1 minute with concentration of the outside of the glass. And now I have cleaner Fotos than before!

Thank you for the cleaning Tutorial

I'm sure you was doing it wrong

Nothing mate, I am glad i helped :D

Reactions: Thechiller86

vipkumar90

May 18, 2015
Wow...amazing trick...u made my day bro..thanks for solution....i used toothpaste and it really done the job...

piyushkadukar

Jan 27, 2016
Awesome ..Go with confidence..

Yeaahh Its Really working now ..Ihv tried on my Xperia Z1..before that i had blurry glass (Smudges on lens glass which were causing lesser light to pass to the lense) ..initially i thought that i wont gonna work but yup after a small charcoal colgate on lens,a fine 2 min scrubbing with cotton buds which was of good quality and finally small water across it ,and it made clear like neva before its amazing and fallen for my old xperia Z1 again. guys do try it confidently and smoothly it will definitely work Thank You ....

piyushkadukar

Jan 27, 2016
Thanks Man..!

This process will make it more prone to permanent scratches that will always affect your images. Then there is no going back.

Thank You .. I appreciate your kind concern about that but actually i did that thing so is there any prevention for that to avoid the scratches ..Do Reply Thank You..
:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for any damage in your phone..You are fully responsible for whatever happens to your device.

I am not taking any credit for this guide I found it on the internet and i am resharing :)

With past experiences from my older phones (X10 Mini Pro and Xperia SP) I've noticed that the camera after 8-9 months is getting blurry
    and there are scratches all over the lens...
    I've read on the internet that this may be caused from some "coating" that sony adds and you need to remove it in-order to be clear again.
    I am not entirely sure what this is and what are the cons after removing the "coating".

To remove the coating it is really easy...
    You will need some toothpaste(I've read that alcohol spray works too but I only tested toothpaste), Microfiber cloth, cotton swab
    • Apply some toothpaste on the camera lens
    • Rub the toothpaste with the cotton swab in a clockwise motion (For arround 5-10 minutes)
    • Remove the toothpaste using microfiber cloth with the help of some water

You'll see a big difference after removing the coating and all the scratches should be gone.
    I hope I helped :fingers-crossed: :good:

EDIT :
    Thanks to the user @mdshaman ,

Be cautioned, though. Removing the coating will affect your night shots. Pictures with lights (car headlights, streetlamps) will noticably be worse since the coating is to cut the glares that came in the lens.
    You mean the lens Camera Or the glass on the back cover ?
    The glass on the back cover obviously......
    Last time i did same to my xperia sp now i don't have sp because of this method.:D:D:D
    Worked

Worked!! Thank you so much:D
    Will be sensitivity to scratches will increase now??