[Q] Roms (only pros & cons of you exerience [BE POLITE AND DO NOT INSULT ROMS])

Search This thread

mitsosJL

Mar 22, 2014
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TELLING PROS AND CONS OF ROMS YOU HAVE USED AND NOT TO FIND OUT WHICH IS THE BEST
Hello guys!!!
I decided to have a second rom on my z1 so i want to ask you which is your favorite rom and why? before i choose :D

Last edited:

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
C'mon you know these threads are not allowed. Something I like will not always be something you like, just flash away and enjoy finding one YOU personally like :silly:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Well, there has been much discussion lately about this

I am going to let this one go and see where it ends up. If it ends up in trolling/flaming then I will delete and infract as needed. However, if this stays sensible, polite and we talk about the various pros and cons of the ROMS with actual facts (Not conjecture or hear say) then I say this may be worth while.

I will be watching.

gregbradley
forum moderator

Last edited:

mitsosJL

Mar 22, 2014

I am going to let this one go and see where it ends up. If it ends up in trolling/flaming then I will delete and infract as needed. However, if this stays sensible, polite and we talk about the various pros and cons of the ROMS with actual facts (Not conjecture or hear say) then I say this may be worth while.

I will be watching.

gregbradley
forum moderator

As you said i just want to hear pros and cons from members who have already use them (thats why i asked "and why?") nothing more :D

tgilmore16

Jul 15, 2008
Speaking strictly as an end user, my opinion is that even the pros and cons can come down to your intended use and personal preference. Although my experience has mostly been with the HTC One, I've recently purchased a Z1 and am awaiting its arrival. For the most part, the ROMs are the same between the devices, especially with the AOSP ROMs.

The HTC had Sense which is the stock HTC ROM. I think the parallel would be the stock ROM for Z1's and HTC One's as opposed to the Google Play or AOSP ROMS.

Some ROM's come loaded with features cooked in and some are more bare bones. I found that the bare bones were more to my liking and I ran AOKP on my HTC. It consistently ran smoothly and never hiccuped when I would run Garmin Connect to transfer data from a fitness device. Some of the others did not function quite as well in this. To be fair, the problem was with Garmin as their devices are pretty finicky. Also, my personal preference was to add in only those features I wanted instead of having them already there. Xposed allowed me to do that. Another feature I looked for was continued development on the ROM I used.

My advice is to think of ROMs as dating. Try many then try some more. Give them all some time, don't just flash a new one every day. You need to see how each one functions through your typical daily use.

That was my two cents as a user and not a dev. I will add one thing, hit the thanks button for every ROM you try and when you settle on one, make a donation. I hope this helps, I really didn't want to start naming ROM's. As soon as my Z1 arrives, I'll root it and try a couple of stock ROMs. After that I'll probably end up back with AOKP. One other thing, I actually had a stock based ROM, Maximus HD and AOKP both set up and backed up so I could switch if I felt the need.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I will be watching.

gregbradley
    forum moderator