Sony Z1 marshmallow 6.0 update?

Search This thread

gardilim

Aug 13, 2013
Hello guys, i have a question. Does anybody knows what will be happen with marshmallow android 6.0 update? I heard that sony canceled update for sony z1 and z1 compact. What you guys can say about that?? Greetings

palkia171993

Aug 3, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh City
Hello guys, i have a question. Does anybody knows what will be happen with marshmallow android 6.0 update? I heard that sony canceled update for sony z1 and z1 compact. What you guys can say about that?? Greetings

Don't get your hope up. It's very likely that Z1 will stay with 5.1.1. Sony said nothing about M for Z1 series (unlike Z2, Z3 series got confirmation) so indeed there might be a tiny chance Z1 series will get M but like I said, it's just a tiny chance.

Reactions: gardilim

gardilim

Aug 13, 2013
Here in Serbia this cellphone is not cheap, its expensive. And its a dump idea to stop suporting. Its my think....

SuperLamic

Oct 24, 2011
Prague
Here in Serbia this cellphone is not cheap, its expensive. And its a dump idea to stop suporting. Its my think....

It's not matter of price, it's old and I think the phones that are people still buying are already made and just from big stocks. Our phone is almost 3 years old, really :D (I'm angry too, my phone is just 4 months old, but what can we do.. )

palkia171993

Aug 3, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh City

Eh it's still expensive like right now? If so then wow. In my country, you can buy Z1 as cheap as a low mid-range phone. (Sony pricing strategy really does suck)
Like others said Z1 is old and passed the 18 months promised support time from Sony. Yet we still receive bug fix and enhancement firmware like recent 236. I think we should be graceful for that since it's way better than other equivalent from other brands. Have you seen any Snapdragon 800 phone got M yet?

Also I don't know why many of you think not getting M is a stop support from Sony while we still indeed receive newer firmware build on 5.1.1. I think support means in the end you get the stable stuff not the newest one. Otherwise, after M people will demand N then O then P etc. for Z1 just for the sake that Z1 may have the spec to run it. And let's face it: even if Sony want to, they probably don't have enough resource to support Z1 (not with their current financial status). Supporting Z1 bring no benefit to Sony.

One more thing: if you look at the Z1 Update History on PTCRB, you'll see Sony did a fantastic job supporting this phone up until now. And even if we, by any chance, got the M, I'm sure it will feel like nothing because we won't get any new features (those are saved for latter Z series) - not to mention a new base firmware potentially bring lots of bugs.
==> I myself would be happy if they just provide me a super polished 5.1.1 firmware with no bugs at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: romaha

palkia171993

Aug 3, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh City
Last edited:

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
Its like that in most countries. Start of expensive and declines rapidly.

Here its also about the same price in USD. Since they produce every 6 months, a rather sharp price drop is expected.

I did see a list of supported updates and z1 wasn't one of them to get M

Z2 however, was

-----------------------------------------------------
Tapatalked from Sony Xperia Z1
Stock LP 5.1.1 | Root | Deodex | Cam Mods | MX ROM

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009

Unlikely that we will see marshmallow, the phone is really quite old now. I guess it's possible if a Dev can get it fully working, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Not such a big deal though, Lolipop is working pretty much perfectly on my z1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's not matter of price, it's old and I think the phones that are people still buying are already made and just from big stocks. Our phone is almost 3 years old, really :D (I'm angry too, my phone is just 4 months old, but what can we do.. )

Don't get your hope up. It's very likely that Z1 will stay with 5.1.1. Sony said nothing about M for Z1 series (unlike Z2, Z3 series got confirmation) so indeed there might be a tiny chance Z1 series will get M but like I said, it's just a tiny chance.

Eh it's still expensive like right now? If so then wow. In my country, you can buy Z1 as cheap as a low mid-range phone. (Sony pricing strategy really does suck)
    Like others said Z1 is old and passed the 18 months promised support time from Sony. Yet we still receive bug fix and enhancement firmware like recent 236. I think we should be graceful for that since it's way better than other equivalent from other brands. Have you seen any Snapdragon 800 phone got M yet?

Also I don't know why many of you think not getting M is a stop support from Sony while we still indeed receive newer firmware build on 5.1.1. I think support means in the end you get the stable stuff not the newest one. Otherwise, after M people will demand N then O then P etc. for Z1 just for the sake that Z1 may have the spec to run it. And let's face it: even if Sony want to, they probably don't have enough resource to support Z1 (not with their current financial status). Supporting Z1 bring no benefit to Sony.

One more thing: if you look at the Z1 Update History on PTCRB, you'll see Sony did a fantastic job supporting this phone up until now. And even if we, by any chance, got the M, I'm sure it will feel like nothing because we won't get any new features (those are saved for latter Z series) - not to mention a new base firmware potentially bring lots of bugs.
    ==> I myself would be happy if they just provide me a super polished 5.1.1 firmware with no bugs at all.