Xperia Z1 apps crushed & Device restarts

Search This thread

ronymojumdar

Jun 15, 2017
My Xperia Z1 c6902 some apps. , mx player, messenger, facebook app, messenger lite, are autometicaly crushing & when I launched the apps the device got hangs & auto force restart the device.
I tryed factory data reset and also system repair from PC companeion. But it does not worked. When I reset the device it work well 2/3 hrs & then starts the problem.
What to do now.

filofil

Apr 12, 2016
I think i have the same problem now. As soon as device starts it freezes, gets unresponsive and then restarts itself. Problem started today. Dont know what to do.

kamango

Mar 30, 2012
Latest facebook app made the same problems on my device. As soon as any app that usess facebook login would start(instagram, tapatalk etc..), phone would crash. After uninstalling facebook and installing older signed version of facebook every thing works ok.

Reactions: Moamr96

AssasinQ

Jan 1, 2010
www.dbr.com.pl
I've read that every Xperia Z1 user have the same problems.
For now I uninstalled facebook app and installed Facebook Lite and everything seems to be good.

However I cannot understand how could facebook hang the phone and restart it. Shouldn't Android kill fb app instead?

andreasae

Jun 24, 2017
same with my z1

22th night was ok 23th morning was ok. after 10am i had the same issues. dont know if an update rolled through though.
also tried to repair through pc companion but still same issues. device crashed even in mid of backup session so i was not able to full backup. advice for those who are going through it now is to backup piece by piece at a time. dont try full backup at a time because it will freeze at some point anyway and restart, backup will freeze.

syl4r

Dec 19, 2011
22th night was ok 23th morning was ok. after 10am i had the same issues. dont know if an update rolled through though.
also tried to repair through pc companion but still same issues. device crashed even in mid of backup session so i was not able to full backup. advice for those who are going through it now is to backup piece by piece at a time. dont try full backup at a time because it will freeze at some point anyway and restart, backup will freeze.

Same here, 23th afternoon instagram, facebook & Clash Royale can't be accessed.
Got freeze then force to restart.
I've done the factory reset twice and flash it using flashtool seems work as a brand new phone, but after running 3-4 the problem cameback.:crying:

kamango

Mar 30, 2012
As i said apps that use facebook login will crash with facebook installed. Use older version of Facebook(pre june), signed version or facebook lite.

mail2eswar

Jan 8, 2010
Bangalore
Hi all,

I have a similar problem with my Z1. But I don't have any issue with the Facebook app in my other phone (OnePlus 3T).
So, it may not be Facebook app in general. My Accuweather app also getting crashed quite frequently. Are there any updates for Xperia Apps recently?

Thanks

Lobod

Jan 4, 2017
Bochnia
Hi all,

I have a similar problem with my Z1. But I don't have any issue with the Facebook app in my other phone (OnePlus 3T).
So, it may not be Facebook app in general. My Accuweather app also getting crashed quite frequently. Are there any updates for Xperia Apps recently?

Thanks
Facebook App is generating problems only on z1.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

guideo

Jun 26, 2017
I'm facing the same issue... My device was working fine until 4 days ago, but then I went and updated the SU Binary Files.
After that, my device went into a boot loop.

I restored using "Sony My Companion", the device turned on (with factory settings) but it was presenting this issue...
I tried formating again with the same build, nothing changed.
Now I'm using the Kryptonian Custom Rom, but the same issue is still present...
Almost any app can cause the freeze>reboot. Alarm Clock Extreme, WhatsApp, some bank apps weren't working at all... I don't see how they are related to Facebook.

Just tried unninstalling Facebook and let's see what happens now...

EDIT:
Actually, believe it or not, but it seems that after unninstalling FB the issue went away.
At least I can create a new alarm now... I wasn't being able to do that before, app would crash 100%.

Last edited:

official_mmt

Jun 26, 2017
Same Problem Here

I had same problem my phone get crazy. Guys can someone made a download list for latest working version of apps. It can help us very well

You can found old version of apps here instagram.tr.uptodown.com/android/old

Last edited:

pauz22

May 16, 2008
Hi
I had a same problem and the last stable version of FB is the 128.00.26.68.
Install it and there is no problem with Z1.

sanawar.warriach

Jul 7, 2017
Hi y'all.
I have the same problem.
I've tried resetting my phone twice but the problem is still here.
Now I'm about to wipe my phone out of data than I'll tell you if it works or not.

I have this problem with Z1 and couple of Z Ultras, 2 out of 3 tested and fixed with uninstalling fb.
talk about planned obsolesence... imagine someone out there still using Z1 and not knowing about this, they might as well just think their phone broke and they need a new one... such a crazy bug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest facebook app made the same problems on my device. As soon as any app that usess facebook login would start(instagram, tapatalk etc..), phone would crash. After uninstalling facebook and installing older signed version of facebook every thing works ok.