FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Update][Latest][6.0.1][Prerooted][23.5.A.1.291][Z2 tablet][SGP511][SGP512]

684 posts
Thanks Meter: 594

By kulvertti, Senior Member on 5th May 2015, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

Here are flashable zip file wich installs latest Sony stock 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM 23.5.A.1.291_R3D (VMo AU-NZ), SuperSu v2.76 and latest TWRP 3.0.20 with read and write acces to system. Because device is Wi-Fi only region doesn´t matter. Only difference is bloatware. Since Sony hasn´t push update to SGP511 I use SGP512 firmware which is working fine on my device. If you want you can edit build.prop file in /system -folder to correct model number as shown in screenshot.

Here is the link for new 6.0.1 firmware:
https://mega.nz/#!VcxGyRZK!U4NqLOSeg...OoZ6NwuyaIR6Hw
MD5 is: D3B78445485765AB7BD3A163F2A6C4BD

Make nandroid backup before flashing.
Install it by flashing whole zip file via custom recovery. TWRP recommend. If coming from .570 or .575 firmware dirty flash with art/dalvik cache wipe is okay.
If coming from older firmware factory reset is most likely necessary with cache and dalvik/art cache wipes but anyhow recommend. If you want you can restore your data with TWRP after installation and reboot. This install compatible busybox. If you install incompatible busybox you may loose acces to TWRP.

After flashing .zip file if you are getting bootloop you have atleast two choises.
- With pc and Flashtool use your firmware original ftf -file and flash it by excluding "FOTAKernel", "Partition" and "System". In other words in "exclude section" tick these and don´t wipe anything. (Credits @AlanDS)
- Or download "bootloop fix" from here: https://mega.nz/#!IY5znQJa!qnoFoQCRM...1aZhYYWY-GFJzI
(Credits @niaboc79 and @machao44) and flash it with TWRP

Here is the old 23.1.A.1.28 (Customized NCB) FTF -file link:
For SGP511: https://mega.nz/#!sVIn1IJI!Ywqoksuej...jWr_mbonMd6PPk
MD5 is: aab7e5728dccb59d44d5ebe38c34c8da
This version of firmware should be rootable. For instructions and download go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/root-how-to-root-5-0-lollipop-t3212108

Credits: @Androxyde @Chainfire @[NUT] @IaguCool @zxz0O0 @Wolfbreak @shoey63 @serajr @championswimmer @russel5
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_291.jpg
Views:	2994
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	3839588  
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free

5th May 2015, 04:07 PM |#2  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 1,579

Donate to Me
More
Any news on sgp512? or I can use this one? thanks in advance
5th May 2015, 04:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolopes

Any news on sgp512? or I can use this one? thanks in advance

At the moment latest for SGP512 is .726 firmware but you can use this one.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 04:12 PM |#4  
Flag Rosario

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvertti

At the moment latest for SGP512 is .726 firmware but you can use this one.

good...I miss something if I use this? I think the only difference its the internal memory...
5th May 2015, 04:23 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

good...I miss something if I use this? I think the only difference its the internal memory...

Nope. Only difference between devices is memory size and your device regognize correct size even if you use this. Only thing is your device shows as SGP511 but you can chance that in build.prop file if you like.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 07:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
Er... on my Z2 Tablet with .726 firmware there is no "Ultra Stamina" mode... or am I missing something?
Or is "Ultra Stamina" introduced only with this new firmware version??
The Following User Says Thank You to hasenbein1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hasenbein1966 Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 07:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Thanks, I just noticed this version was offered as a 21 MB system update on my current ROM (23.1.A.0.690 NCB). But this is much better
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMagic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrMagic Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 07:30 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

Er... on my Z2 Tablet with .726 firmware there is no "Ultra Stamina" mode... or am I missing something?
Or is "Ultra Stamina" introduced only with this new firmware version??

You are right. Chancelog is copy/pasted from universal source so there is device specific differencies and because this device is wifi only there is no ultra stamina mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free
5th May 2015, 11:35 PM |#9  
Flag Rosario

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvertti

You are right. Chancelog is copy/pasted from universal source so there is device specific differencies and because this device is wifi only there is no ultra stamina mode.

hey man...if I flash this I will losse all my internal sd data? or I only need to backup my apps and nothing more? (sorry if I ask to much things)
6th May 2015, 04:25 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

hey man...if I flash this I will losse all my internal sd data? or I only need to backup my apps and nothing more? (sorry if I ask to much things)

For to be safe I recommend to make nandroid backup including kernel, system and data. However if something go wrong system backup with kernel might be enough to bring your device back.
This ain't wipe your internal sd on it's own so it is your choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free
9th May 2015, 05:36 AM |#11  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Thanks man, you're always so fast! We should be getting 5.1 next month I read somewhere
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyWhy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GalaxyWhy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)