FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Update][Latest][6.0.1][Prerooted][23.5.A.1.291][Z2 tablet][SGP511][SGP512]

684 posts
Thanks Meter: 592
 
By kulvertti, Senior Member on 5th May 2015, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2015, 09:23 AM |#101  
creepingcreep's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvertti

See post 90 in this thread. Flashing Dualrecovery again fix similar problem.

My bootloader is unlocked so simply flashing the dual recover zip is probably not going to work. I will look at possibly relocking with flashtool to see if that helps and then try to flash the dual recovery zip in twrp
 
 
17th September 2015, 11:43 PM |#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 324
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiapis

Whats new/better with 5.1.1? With my Z1 Xperia , upgrading to 5.1.1 made a world of difference because the 5.0.2 was terribly botched.
Do i gain anything flashing the new version on the Z2 Tab?

The 5.0.2 FW is very good on the Z2 tablet. If you don't need the very small new features of 5.1.1, simply stay on 5.0.2 and enjoy your device.
18th September 2015, 12:32 PM |#103  
creepingcreep's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingcreep

My bootloader is unlocked so simply flashing the dual recover zip is probably not going to work. I will look at possibly relocking with flashtool to see if that helps and then try to flash the dual recovery zip in twrp

Relocking the bootloader, doing a full wipe with TWRP and then installing reinstalling this update zip seemed to fix everything. Thank you for the tips
19th September 2015, 12:01 PM |#104  
BLiapis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

The 5.0.2 FW is very good on the Z2 tablet. If you don't need the very small new features of 5.1.1, simply stay on 5.0.2 and enjoy your device.

Took the shot and installed the new version over 5.0.1. Its working like a clock.
The Following User Says Thank You to BLiapis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BLiapis Ad-Free
24th September 2015, 06:01 PM |#105  
kulvertti's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 592
 
More
OP updated. Added latest 23.4.A.1.200_Customized_NCB 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Working just fine but this time Sony has removed Stagefright fix for some reason. Also Sony has made some changes in their update system so latest firmware don´t show up in XperiFirm (yet).
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free
25th September 2015, 02:39 PM |#106  
myeepad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulvertti

OP updated. Added latest 23.4.A.1.200_Customized_NCB 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Working just fine but this time Sony has removed Stagefright fix for some reason. Also Sony has made some changes in their update system so latest firmware don´t show up in XperiFirm (yet).

Thank you, Kulvertti, the new firmware worked like a charm. I have to reapply your "Permission to use External Cards" fix that your wrote to make my apps to use the MicroSD card.

The Following User Says Thank You to myeepad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift myeepad Ad-Free
25th September 2015, 02:55 PM |#107  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Stagefright fix does Not work for this, right?

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk
25th September 2015, 05:14 PM |#108  
kulvertti's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 592
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder141

Stagefright fix does Not work for this, right?

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk

In .570 firmware there was partial fix for stagefright but in this there are none.
25th September 2015, 05:53 PM |#109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
No i mean the flashable fix one can find here on xda

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk
25th September 2015, 06:13 PM |#110  
kulvertti's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 592
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder141

No i mean the flashable fix one can find here on xda

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk

Sorry, it was partial answer because have to do something else with family. As far as I know flashable fix is device specific and may not work very well with all devices and roms. Haven't got time to try but with nandroid backup please try and report back.
26th September 2015, 05:47 AM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
It does Not Boot. Restored backup

Gesendet von meinem SGP511 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to thunder141 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thunder141 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes