[Update][Latest][6.0.1][Prerooted][23.5.A.1.291][Z2 tablet][SGP511][SGP512]

Search This thread
Dec 4, 2015
localhost
I flashed newest ROM from op, but somehow, I do not have root. Titanium Backup said no root found, so I tried to install SuperSU from PlayStore which says "root undetected". Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I flashed newest ROM from op, but somehow, I do not have root. Titanium Backup said no root found, so I tried to install SuperSU from PlayStore which says "root undetected". Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
You could try to flash working SuperSu zip file from Chainfire via TWRP. Link below is latest test build.
http://download.chainfire.eu/1114/SuperSU/SR1-SuperSU-v2.82-SR1-20170608224931.zip
If not succeed I need more info like how are you rooted before trying this rom, do you dirty flash or clean flash, what rom you came from etc.

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Bastlwastl2010

Oct 20, 2012
On my wifes sgp511 is the last cyanogenmod 12.1 with TWRP 2.8.7.0 installed (no dualrecovery)
I ask bevore i flashed, because on sony devices i have always trouble....
it is save to flash this rom with the the TWRP 2.8.7.0 on the device clean erverything and voiala...its done
or is there any trap on this way?

Last edited:

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
On my wifes sgp511 is the last cyanogenmod 12.1 with TWRP 2.8.7.0 installed (no dualrecovery)
it is save to flash this rom with the the TWRP 2.8.7.0 on the device clean erverything and voiala...its done
There shouldn't be any problem if you wipe system, data and both caches. If problem occurs flash Sony stock fota partition with Flashtool. This should be quite safe process with backup but as usual you do it with your own risk.

Reactions: Bastlwastl2010

SANGER_A2

Aug 1, 2009
Don't forget to relock the bootloader too or this stock ROM won't work! You will have had to unlock it to get CM on.

Bastlwastl2010

Oct 20, 2012
Don't forget to relock the bootloader too or this stock ROM won't work! You will have had to unlock it to get CM on.

Thanks, i know there is a trap.....

So..first i restore my ta partition (i have a backup :D)
bootloader is locked
reboot into TWRP (hope it is not deleted after restore ta partition)
flash this rom
hope i have fun

Right?

SANGER_A2

Aug 1, 2009

bootloader is locked
flash this rom
hope i have fun

Right?
I have unlocked mine, installed CM and then relocked it and gone back to this ROM in the past. Long time ago and I can't remember how I did it unfortunately! :) I know that you can unlock the bootloader using flashtool, so you can probably lock it again too! http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro

bootloader is locked
flash this rom
hope i have fun

Right?
Well, if you want to lock your bootloader make sure you are on stock kernel first and after that you can lock it, not before.
One reason why full wipes are necessary is that you don't end up with two TWRP installed. With this device TWRP could be installed in fota partiotion or in system partition (like this rom) and you likely have it now in fota partition.

SANGER_A2

Aug 1, 2009
It's up to you as far as I can tell. I don't remember if I use this latest version with unlocked bootloader or some previous version but for me it worked just fine then (exept drm key dependent part).
I'm pretty sure when I switched back to this ROM it didn't work until I relocked the bootloader and Kulvertti was the one who helped me out with that! :) He's very kind with giving his time to help others. :good: The conversation may still be somewhere in this thread or another one, but I can't be bothered to search back for it.

Reactions: ranf and kulvertti

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm pretty sure when I switched back to this ROM it didn't work until I relocked the bootloader and Kulvertti was the one who helped me out with that! :) He's very kind with giving his time to help others. :good: The conversation may still be somewhere in this thread or another one, but I can't be bothered to search back for it.
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your feedback very much.

Reactions: SANGER_A2

xkami

Nov 3, 2015
Which is the latest Firmware (Non rooted) for the SGP521 ?
I have 23.5.A.1.291, but I read somewhere there is a later one.

My battery is at the end - is there a tutorial how to change ?
iFixit has an exellent one but that is for the Z model, Not the Z2...

Best
Kami

joeyishar

Nov 11, 2014
These are really well built tablets. Nearing the point where they are a relic of a different time.
Look at a tutorial on replacing the screen and you should see the battery is really easy to get out in the process. The process of removing the screen and replacing the battery follows the same process of opening the tablet as replacing the screen.
Options for actual replacement batteries are sparse. I think buying from Amazon is safest (because of their return policy), but Im not sure because the order is sold through a non Amazon retailer (Amazon should still have a strong return policy if it's defective)
There were a bunch of other options in Google shopping (although Amazon is least expensive)
Post if you have more questions

cryss83

Mar 6, 2014
Hello guys,

sorry to open this post again, but i really need your help....instead of flashing the boot.img from the z2 tablet, i used the boot.img from the phone...so i wanted to ask if there is any way how i can revert this (before you ask: no backup of my old boot.img)..is there any way how you can extract from the image above a boot.img or something like that? all help is appreciated!!! Thank you!

Fastboot is still working
FlashMode is working as well

Last edited:

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello guys,

sorry to open this post again, but i really need your help....instead of flashing the boot.img from the z2 tablet, i used the boot.img from the phone...so i wanted to ask if there is any way how i can revert this (before you ask: no backup of my old boot.img)..is there any way how you can extract from the image above a boot.img or something like that? all help is appreciated!!! Thank you!

Fastboot is still working
FlashMode is working as well
If you allready have your tablet firmware .ftf -file just flash fotakernel.sin with flashtool.

Also you can extract boot.img file from .ftf file if you want. First you need your tablet .ftf file. Then extract that with 7-zip and find fotakernel.sin -file. Open fotakernel.sin -file with Flashtool Tools -menu Sin Editor and click Extract Data. Then just rename fotakernel.elf -file to boot.img. Done.

Reactions: cryss83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Here are flashable zip file wich installs latest Sony stock 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM 23.5.A.1.291_R3D (VMo AU-NZ), SuperSu v2.76 and latest TWRP 3.0.20 with read and write acces to system. Because device is Wi-Fi only region doesn´t matter. Only difference is bloatware. Since Sony hasn´t push update to SGP511 I use SGP512 firmware which is working fine on my device. If you want you can edit build.prop file in /system -folder to correct model number as shown in screenshot.

Here is the link for new 6.0.1 firmware:
    https://mega.nz/#!VcxGyRZK!U4NqLOSeg1X_3KNC1_xXm2WnH4_i2OoZ6NwuyaIR6Hw
    MD5 is: D3B78445485765AB7BD3A163F2A6C4BD

Make nandroid backup before flashing.
    Install it by flashing whole zip file via custom recovery. TWRP recommend. If coming from .570 or .575 firmware dirty flash with art/dalvik cache wipe is okay.
    If coming from older firmware factory reset is most likely necessary with cache and dalvik/art cache wipes but anyhow recommend. If you want you can restore your data with TWRP after installation and reboot. This install compatible busybox. If you install incompatible busybox you may loose acces to TWRP.

After flashing .zip file if you are getting bootloop you have atleast two choises.
    - With pc and Flashtool use your firmware original ftf -file and flash it by excluding "FOTAKernel", "Partition" and "System". In other words in "exclude section" tick these and don´t wipe anything. (Credits @AlanDS)
    - Or download "bootloop fix" from here: https://mega.nz/#!BUxFxSAR!bPVEEDnsPz962JQ1uA2PKJv9tYLKA47N0fhA80ltEvw
    (Credits @niaboc79 and @machao44) and flash it with TWRP

Here is the old 23.1.A.1.28 (Customized NCB) FTF -file link:
    For SGP511: https://mega.nz/#!sVIn1IJI!Ywqoksuej83vNkc__nNrBy-im6tfLjWr_mbonMd6PPk
    MD5 is: aab7e5728dccb59d44d5ebe38c34c8da
    This version of firmware should be rootable. For instructions and download go here: http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/root-how-to-root-5-0-lollipop-t3212108

Credits: @Androxyde @Chainfire @[NUT] @IaguCool @zxz0O0 @Wolfbreak @shoey63 @serajr @championswimmer @russel5
    Op updated. Added new marshmallow stock firmware with root and twrp custom recovery. This is major update and it may not work without full wipe. So make nandroid backup. Go to twrp do full wipe. Flash new firmware and reboot. After that you can go to twrp and restore your data from backup. Enjoy.
    Op updated. Added newest prerooted firmware for SGP511 which this time is customized CE4 (Central Europe) 23.4.A.1.232. Stagefright Detector confirms that vulnerability is patched.
    OP updated. Added latest 23.4.A.1.200_Customized_NCB 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Working just fine but this time Sony has removed Stagefright fix for some reason. Also Sony has made some changes in their update system so latest firmware don´t show up in XperiFirm (yet).
    OP updated. Added latest 23.4.A.1.264_R3C firmware which this time is Customized IL. Have a fun.