FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Update][Prerooted flashable zip][deodex][23.0.1.A.0.167][(NCB) for Z2 tablet SGP511]

688 posts
Thanks Meter: 593

By kulvertti, Senior Member on 8th November 2014, 06:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

Here is flasable zip file wich install latest ROM 23.0.1.A.0.167, latest beta SuperSu v2.19 and latest beta Dualrecovery .154 for Tablet Z2 with read/write acces to system.
This is tested and works just fine though make nandroid backup before flashing.
Install it by flashing whole zip file with custom recovery. Wipes aren´t necessary but good practise.
Here is the link:https://mega.co.nz/#!EB4CiJgT!Tvav1N...JuOvHttGUlGnA0

Deodex patch for above rom to those who want to use modifications which are made only for deodexed rom´s.
This is tested and works just fine but make nandroid backup before flashing.

Warning: this will delete all files from system/app, system/framework and priv-app not just .odex files. That´s include Superuser.apk. So you will loose root if you don´t flash SuperSu after flashing deodex patch.

Install deodex patch by:
- flashing deodex.zip file in custom recovery,
- don´t reboot to system but flash also flashable Super.Su.zip file in custom recovery,
- don´t reboot to system but wipe at least dalvik-cache,
- reboot to system.
Here is the link to deodex patch: https://mega.co.nz/#!0BJyhJZC!LGISUi...iJLraUAcxGyIIw

If you need to download SuperSu you will find download links
for stable v2.16 here: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
for beta v2.19 here: http://download.chainfire.eu/593/Sup...erSU-v2.19.zip

Credits:
@Androxyde
@Chainfire
@Nut
@LaguCool
@zxz0O0 @AndroPlus
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kulvertti Ad-Free

8th November 2014, 09:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Thanks, this will save a lot of time
The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecrunked Ad-Free
8th November 2014, 11:38 PM |#3  
Flag Acapulco
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I will try this thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to rokrd1579 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rokrd1579 Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 12:38 AM |#4  

More
This work on my SGP561?

Sent from my SGP561 using XDA Premium HD app
9th November 2014, 06:25 AM |#5  
Flag Acapulco

More
I have tried and root works, everything's fine, except audio, is too low and when is turning off, take a long time to turn it off, even I have to force off i dont know why it happens...
9th November 2014, 08:54 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Thanks very much for this. Much better than having to unlock bootloader etc so we get to keep root. Gonna flash it to my sgp512 and report back. Is build.prop the only thing I need to change afterwards to make it look like an sgp512.
The Following User Says Thank You to SANGER_A2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SANGER_A2 Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 09:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Thank you very much! I'm gonna try it...

Edit:
Works great!
The Following User Says Thank You to fleckdalm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fleckdalm Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 10:37 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcisin

This work on my SGP561?

Sent from my SGP561 using XDA Premium HD app

Thank´s all for you feedback.

I don´t think this will work on your device. Different hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrd1579

I have tried and root works, everything's fine, except audio, is too low and when is turning off, take a long time to turn it off, even I have to force off i dont know why it happens...

No such problems here. It might help if you do wipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGER_A2

Thanks very much for this. Much better than having to unlock bootloader etc so we get to keep root. Gonna flash it to my sgp512 and report back. Is build.prop the only thing I need to change afterwards to make it look like an sgp512.

Haven´t tested this. As far as I know only difference is memory size.
9th November 2014, 03:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Yeah it works fine. Way better than an FTF! Sony PC companion and a few other apps report it as SPG511 instead of SGP512 and it annoys me! I need to edit the build.prop to hopefully fix this. And I can confirm I too get the bug where the device won't sleep when you shut the factory case. It wakes it though! I'm sure Sony will release an update to fix it soon.
9th November 2014, 06:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Just wanted to say thanks and let everybody know that you get a writable system partition with this Rom. The update worked fine and I must still rooted with a locked bootloader.

The only problem with this update is that the screen stays on if I close the case but I guess Sony will fix this some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeddix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jeddix Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 06:34 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGER_A2

Yeah it works fine. Way better than an FTF! Sony PC companion and a few other apps report it as SPG511 instead of SGP512 and it annoys me! I need to edit the build.prop to hopefully fix this. And I can confirm I too get the bug where the device won't sleep when you shut the factory case. It wakes it though! I'm sure Sony will release an update to fix it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeddix

Just wanted to say thanks and let everybody know that you get a writable system partition with this Rom. The update worked fine and I must still rooted with a locked bootloader.

The only problem with this update is that the screen stays on if I close the case but I guess Sony will fix this some time.

Thank´s for you feedback. I made most of these files for my personal use but happy that my work helps other´s too.
Yes I make small chance to @Nut´s dualrecovery installer and so we have system RW.
About that bug with Sony´s official case, I hope Sony will fix that soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)