Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Kontekst

Apr 8, 2013
www.soundcloud.com
just went from CM12 to Resurrection Remix Oreo, noticed some issues with the microphone quality too. now i'm not sure if there is a fix already included in the ROM, but the microphone sounded very low quality and compressed to hell, like there's something trying to hide that microphone is very quiet. AudioFX kept crashing when any audio was being played, removed that, now the microphone is just very quiet and low quality, as described in this thread. Now, besides flashing i'm pretty much a noob and don't know how to apply the fix you guys described. would it be possible to put the fix in a flashable zip?

Reactions: oscar_16

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012
just went from CM12 to Resurrection Remix Oreo, noticed some issues with the microphone quality too. now i'm not sure if there is a fix already included in the ROM, but the microphone sounded very low quality and compressed to hell, like there's something trying to hide that microphone is very quiet. AudioFX kept crashing when any audio was being played, removed that, now the microphone is just very quiet and low quality, as described in this thread. Now, besides flashing i'm pretty much a noob and don't know how to apply the fix you guys described. would it be possible to put the fix in a flashable zip?

Last edited:

oscar_16

Nov 26, 2013
Here is the fix (flashable) for all Oreo ROMs (only latest versions), make sure that ok google from any screen is off!
I already mirrored everything to the developers and they should implement the fix soon.

Edit:For CypherOS download and flash again please if you've already downloaded.

please for nougat carbon 7.1.2

oscar_16

Nov 26, 2013
Here is the fix for nougat but there's two options:
* fully stock audio with all features like ok google from any screen and stereo recording but fm radio won't work!
*same fix like oreo but without those features.
personally am using the first one since i never used fm but if you need it so bad you can use spirit fm but it's a little bit buggy.
if you gonna use the first one please do this:
*go to system/etc and delete audio_platform_info.xml
*flash the zip and reboot
*go to setting/apps/google/permissions and uncheck then check microphone to avoid mic is being used by another app message (there was an issue indeed as you can see :p)
*enjoy fully stock audio
for the first one please anyone with bluetooth headset test the calls and music because mine is got damaged so i couldn't test, so please test and leave feedback!
fix is only for the latest builds!
Waw mic [emoji7] Thank u my bro my audio was successfully working for the ultimate audiobook [emoji23]

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rocker00

base.injector

Mar 5, 2015
Sana'a
Tried the flashable zip for latest Oreo Carbon, also latest RR.

problems i found after flashing the zip is:

1- If you already set a lockscreen password before flashing the zip, when you try to unlock the phone, SystemUI keeps restarting like forever ( loop )

2- If you have no screenlock, and Gboard is installed, after flashing the zip, then trying to set a screenlock, it won't work..
Also for some reason if i have no screenlock and just restarted the phone. it wills open Gboard automatically, every restart does that .

Tested with Carbon 6.1 and RR 6.0

Thanks Anyways

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016

1- If you already set a lockscreen password before flashing the zip, when you try to unlock the phone, SystemUI keeps restarting like forever ( loop )

2- If you have no screenlock, and Gboard is installed, after flashing the zip, then trying to set a screenlock, it won't work..
Also for some reason if i have no screenlock and just restarted the phone. it wills open Gboard automatically, every restart does that .

Thanks Anyways
Yep, same here, using RR

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012

Thanks Anyways

Yep, same here, using RR

Can you see the date of post guys?!!
sure you will have issues due to the old build.prop!!
I've already mirrored everything to the ROM's developers and they insist to use the buggy configuration..LOL!
sorry i won't update the zips anymore..you can ask them to merge the fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cygmon0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey thanks for this great explination
    It makes full sense what you have written acdb controls most of audio process
    I will test it right now

so i looked in logs with the sony acdb files those get loaded
    if you remove them the mtp acdb files get loaded

the resume to this the acdb files from sony are not properly calibrated

@rcstar6696 Thanks for confirming this, now i am so curious about the next step.
    Thread closed at OP's request.