[MOD][AOSP - RR - CR][8.1]Enable Quick Charge 2.0 on AOSP

Search This thread

ahmedy1902

Feb 24, 2018
The thing i noticed now is that this mod indeed works, getting upto 2200mA. But the thing is z2 heats up pretty quick and as battery temps reach near 45°C QC is switched off and it is throttled down to around 970mA. Hence u cant see the difference between normal 2.0amp fast charge and QC. If somehow we manage to keep the phone cool and away from throttling the charge we can see benefits.

OP I got a request to pls increase the QC throttle threshold a bit higher (48-50°C) and maybe check the benefits.

So i can see difference if temp lower than 45?

PSaran

Jan 6, 2013
So i can see difference if temp lower than 45?
Yeah sure if ur batt temp. Stay below 45°C. My phone actually charged from 2% to 91% in 1hr 40 mins. And this includes the non QC changing after ~70-75. It charges 0 to 70 in ~ 1hr. But took 2hr 21mins to full charge. QC is pretty good if batt kept in 10-70%. So that is definitely an improvement compared to before.

ahmedy1902

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah sure if ur batt temp. Stay below 45°C. My phone actually charged from 2% to 91% in 1hr 40 mins. And this includes the non QC changing after ~70-75. It charges 0 to 70 in ~ 1hr. But took 2hr 21mins to full charge. QC is pretty good if batt kept in 10-70%. So that is definitely an improvement compared to before.
I will try that then

ahmedy1902

Feb 24, 2018
Confirming everything seems good.
Can i ask something? Why Your kernel version said 3.4.11 gcc 4.8 and opendata version 3.4 gcc 4.9 but theres no big difference so far except qc enabled by yours,iam just curious.
Thanks for your mod
what is your charger type ?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

what is ur charger type ?

ryan.vandalz

Sep 15, 2013
my charging is 203-500 mA ! did you tweak it or did u install another thing for charging ?
and if u could send my the tweaking preferance of your's will be appretiated and how to get this amount of charging plz
thanks in advance

I dont know why some people said it doesnt work,if your charger is 2A ,maybe your battery is not good enough, you know z2 is old device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all.

With the hvdcp module from stock .291 rom, I was able to enable Quick Charge 2.0 on latest RR (Resurrection Remix) rom. Our phones will now charge at least 2 times faster.

Please note that I only tested this with latest RR rom but it should work with all AOSP 8.1 roms... (I think) Also, I tested it with Xperia Z2. (sirius)

The charging current is limited to 2.1 Amps (2100 mA)

--- Update 13/05/18 ---

- Kernel is updated with latest source (video recording should work now) and I have created a unified flashable zip for easy use.

You need to do 3 things:

1- Flash the kernel image I compiled via fastboot. (fastboot flash boot rr_qc_enabled_kernel.img)
    2- Flash rr_qc.zip via TWRP to install hvdcp module. (I made it with AFZC)
    3- Clean/wipe cache and dalvik via TWRP.

Kernel Features:

-Compiled with Google's prebuilt toolchain.
    -Quick Charge 2.0 enabled.
    -Compiled with -Ofast optimization.
    -Intelliplug & MSM MPDecision hotplug enabled.
    -Total of 13 different TCP Congestion Algorithms.
    -Added zzmoove CPU governor.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Dear all, this is a kernel you are flashing, not some basic mod. A whole new KERNEL. Therefore, it's the best to do a clean install, with wiping everything (dalvik, cache, data, system). This is important to get the correct results.

Regards.

Credits:
    @opendata
    @shaiya87
    @Cygmon0
    @override999
    AFZC team @Nikhil
    Whole new kernel is coming very soon.
    Dear all,

I'm planning to release a fully customized, upstreamed OREO kernel sometime soon. Yes, it will support QC of course. Please stay tuned.

Regards.
    That's because AICP is using a different kernel source.
    can you please share what you did to enable it ? then i can include it in carbon builds :D
    Not working on this version of rom. Plus WiFi cant be turned on. Luckily I created backup of boot image.

It shouldn't be that way... Something else must be wrong at your end.

What a success!!

Is it gonna work on Carbon ROM with Xperia UI (XUN 2.5)?
    I mean this one: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2/development/rom-los-xperia-ui-z2-t3654887

Thanks a lot.

I don't know, you should try... Someone else said that it works fine with Carbon ROM. You can always flash the stock kernel again if any problems occur.

Where is your kernel source code?

Thanks bro.

This not really a development, just some basic mod. I might develop a custom kernel as well... If you guys would like that.

Will it work with Z2 tablet (Castor)?
    Many thanks for your hard work.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

No, this is only for Xperia Z2 phone. D6503, Sirius.

Is there luck to have one for rr 7.1.2
    Thanks for your good job

Sure, if there is a kernel source, I can compile a custom kernel supporting QC 2.0 for you.