[ROM][8.1][UNOFFICIAL] AICP 13.1 for Xperia Z2 (sirius)

Search This thread

badhon_raj

May 11, 2013
Max gpu frequency is set at 578MHz which is draining battery too fast and making my phone hot.
I want to set max gpu frequency 389MHz
And max cpu 1574MHz

I've tried KernelAdiutor from play store, ka-mod 4eborn and ukm(synapsis) for this.
But none of those were able to make the change Permanent. It re'erts back after a while, or after reboot.

How to solve this?

Thanks for the rom.

Reactions: amiralisaemi

Maciek153624

Feb 28, 2018
aicp sirius o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180711.zip.

Hello, I installed rom aicp sirius o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180711.zip. Everything is ok. But apka coolify shows message / sys / class / power_supply / battery / missing temp. Maybe this problem can be fixed by uploading another rom. and I'm asking for advice

kuba130000

Oct 26, 2014
Katowice
Hello, I installed rom aicp sirius o-13.1-UNOFFICIAL-20180711.zip. Everything is ok. But apka coolify shows message / sys / class / power_supply / battery / missing temp. Maybe this problem can be fixed by uploading another rom. and I'm asking for advice

This app is just bloatware, don't use it at all.
It can't cool phone - it is killing all apps in background and then CPU's temp is decreasing but phone is more laggy because all apps are starting again after closing "Coolify".

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016
This app is just bloatware, don't use it at all.
It can't cool phone - it is killing all apps in background and then CPU's temp is decreasing but phone is more laggy because all apps are starting again after closing "Coolify".
It also decrease battery lifespan

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

amiralisaemi

Jul 6, 2014
After a year of running Android 7 and Android 8, I installed Android 6 again.

Nougat and Oreo reduce battery life and are not suitable for daily use on z2 mobile phones.

These two will cause the phone to warm up, which will cause the battery to be empty.

I'm try several time to clean flash.

This problem is not specific to this ROM.
All Android 8 and 7 Rom's have this problem on my mobile.

I asked several questions for this problem, but nobody answered......

Why this Rom's warm up phone. Anybody Can solve this problem!?!!

And now I flash stock Rom ( marshmallow) on my mobile and battery is perfect.

Last edited:

mfauzirahman

Dec 24, 2015

Nougat and Oreo reduce battery life and are not suitable for daily use on z2 mobile phones.

These two will cause the phone to warm up, which will cause the battery to be empty.

good for you then.
adios

Reactions: Cygmon0

thelegendy

May 6, 2013
Ankara
www.hamdicatal.com

Did you restore TA Backup? If you did, how? I will back to stock, too. I really bored some problems like mic and heating issue.

amiralisaemi

Jul 6, 2014
No. I flash TFT stock Rom.
In Stock Rom, u have problem with mic and heating phone! ????!

Last edited:

Dr.TheMaster

Mar 16, 2014
Damascus
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
No. I flash TFT stock Rom.
In Stock Rom, u have problem with mic and heating phone! ????!
He meant with custom ROMs..
Flashing FTF stock ROM doesn't give you back DRM keys..

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Did you restore TA Backup? If you did, how? I will back to stock, too. I really bored some problems like mic and heating issue.
Read the OP in the TA Partition backup too..
You should already have the backup.. And your device should be rooted (you can do that with the locked bootloader TWRP).. Then restore back the TA partition..

MWPau

Mar 12, 2015
Finally giving this a try. All works brilliantly so far!
Nice work AICP people.

One small issue though... fluence is enabled by default.
It makes phone calls pretty much unusable (maybe its the mic issue mentioned in the last few replies too?).
Can this be disabled by default, or can you put a switch somewhere in settings to disable it?
At the moment im disabling it by manually editing build.prop.

rizkytito23

Jul 4, 2018
Oreo 8.1

Once again many thanks to u and the team dev, cause i'm lazy reporting on bug menu xD
Okay here is what i found :
1. Network Provider - Set automatic but nothing, and sometimes network signal gone and i need to register manually :D
2.Music (Sony app) yeah i love the old music app player, and when i play one song for 6s it crash and beepp then restart :D
And for the addition on AICP Extras there is Double tap Navigation bar to sleep/lock.... i'm missing it :\
Okay thats all for now :D

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016
Once again many thanks to u and the team dev, cause i'm lazy reporting on bug menu xD
Okay here is what i found :
1. Network Provider - Set automatic but nothing, and sometimes network signal gone and i need to register manually :D
2.Music (Sony app) yeah i love the old music app player, and when i play one song for 6s it crash and beepp then restart :D
And for the addition on AICP Extras there is Double tap Navigation bar to sleep/lock.... i'm missing it :\
Okay thats all for now :D
About first problem..

It's common for all nougat + oreo custom ROM for our device.

You need to manually set it from 4G to 3G for example, when network is gone..

That's why i have it 2G on my phone, the signal never gone

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MWPau

Mar 12, 2015
One small issue though... fluence is enabled by default.
It makes phone calls pretty much unusable (maybe its the mic issue mentioned in the last few replies too?).
Can this be disabled by default, or can you put a switch somewhere in settings to disable it?
At the moment im disabling it by manually editing build.prop.

Adding to this request... can the camera button be enabled to start the camera from lock or home screens?

shaiya87

Mar 7, 2018
Hafyzy
Hello! Is deodex duild planned? Or will it be the same as with duild RR? Where the developer answer was that because of the deodex build the smartphone will work less efficiently))) My opinion has always been in favor of deodex. On builds for z3c problems with this does not arise, why with z2 so it turns out I do not even know.

PSaran

Jan 6, 2013
There is no widevine drm support in this rom? I think carbon rom has it.
I can't play hd Amazon prime video,etc.

aelfinn

Jun 3, 2012
Titanium Backup keeps FC’ing on a fresh install (with nano GApps 20180704 and Magisk 16.0) and not recognizing my Pro licence. Is that happening to anybody else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @Drgravy
    @Hashbang173
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 13.1

Download link:
    MediaFire-Nougat

(I've Left Nougat Development And Currently Focusing On Oreo. Sorry!)
    MediaFire-Oreo
    GApps:
    GApps

Recovery:
    TWRP

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look in the OP to see if your device is built on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP, custom ROM's modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROM's. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. You will need to use the version arm64/arm for SDK 25.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I dirty flash builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot", then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash, and then reboot.

Using the ROM:
    Q. How do I enable software buttons?
    A. Settings -> Navigation -> Enable navigation bar. The bar can be configured separately in its settings.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the root section in the AICP Extras menu.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Nougat/Oreo. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.
    How to flash:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    7. For D6502 user flash baseband patch
    8. Reboot your device.

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update) as long as the instructions of your
    root solution do not state something else (="persistence on dirty flashing") !

Currently Supported Root Solutions:

Magisk v16.4

KERNEL:
    The kernel in this ROM follows LAOS source with custom additions.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash using the built-in OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
    You can still use the LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. The Zipfile gets saved in the "aicp_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery. Keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/AICP/device_sony_sirius

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Ice Cold Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    Hafyzy, rcstar6696, SpiritCroc, akshay2shah, iXaidyiu
    Source Code: https://github.com/AICP

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.0.1 With Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-06-26
    Current Beta Version: -

Created 2018-03-26
    Last Updated 2020-10-06
    AICP Oreo Has Been Released :)
    Current Bugs : -
    -Video Recording ( Will fix On next build)
    -Date Inaccurate after restart
    -Audio FX Force Stopped (Remove Via App Remover)
    -You Tell Me :p

Download Link : MediaFire
    Hi and thanks for this great rom, everythiing is awesome but when i want to play AOV (Arena of Valor) its stuck on 98% loading when matching, i'm not yet trying other games. Anyway thanks for this and say thanks to the team development :D
    if game keep crashing . next update should have the fix , i need to wait july security patch come out , then new build will coming .
    New Build is Up AICP Oreo 01-05 :D
    Update :
    AudioFX : Fixed (No Longer Force Close/Stop)
    Vendor Mismatch : Fixed
    Camera : Video Recording No Longer Have Green Line after record , BUT it become LAGGY .

And more...

Enjoy ;)
    UPDATE
    this update should contains game crash fix and july security patch

Download - Click me