Thanks Meter: 949

By raschad, Senior Member on 1st February 2019, 08:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2019, 09:51 AM |#11  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 570

More
Here are some minor bugs which i found till now ,some as RR bugs i think
1) Switching camera to video mode or front camera freezes the app. And using other camera gives some error.
2) while playing YouTube videos in landscape ,swiping from button or top doesn't bringup status bar and navigation bar. I think its RR source bug.
3) Sometimes phone doesn't turn on by pressing power button once ,have to do it twice.
4) Sometimes after unlocking, phone doesnt respond to touch (on lock screen only). Works next time i turn on screen.
Sorry I'm providing bugs without logs. I will soon provide logs aswell.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesan95

Mic is working on recorder but in a call it is not working

For me its working fine. Maybe try disabling ok google detection.
2nd February 2019, 09:59 AM |#12  
Flag Sakarya
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can I install RR Oreo installed on my device, Pie directly from Recovery?
2nd February 2019, 10:13 AM |#13  
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by master08ozan

Can I install RR Oreo installed on my device, Pie directly from Recovery?

Yes you can just make sure you clean flash. Wipe data,cache,system.
The Following User Says Thank You to vikash1994b For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikash1994b Ad-Free
2nd February 2019, 11:26 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This is legit the best thing I have seen. Thanks for supporting the device!
2nd February 2019, 01:38 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash1994b

Here are some minor bugs which i found till now ,some as RR bugs i think
1) Switching camera to video mode or front camera freezes the app. And using other camera gives some error.

Can confirm, changing to landscape or video mode crashes the app. Switching to QR camera works but after you quit it crashes saying it can't connect to the camera.

It there a better camera out there? I saw some Xperia camera mods but most seem to be for other models. I only see one mention of using GCam but the version they used didn't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash1994b

3) Sometimes phone doesn't turn on by pressing power button once ,have to do it twice.
4) Sometimes after unlocking, phone doesnt respond to touch (on lock screen only). Works next time i turn on screen.

Haven't witnessed these problems yet.

A problem I've had is my icons on the home page have reset to default a few times. I've set it to locked now and nothing has changed so far.

Do I seriously get to keep this phone for even longer??

Amazing. Might be time to pick up a new back glass plate to replace the broken one.
2nd February 2019, 02:06 PM |#16  
Flag Jaffna
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Why we didn't get official RR Pie Rom ?
2nd February 2019, 02:27 PM |#17  
Flag Latakia
Thanks Meter: 36

More
wifi doesn't seem to work for me, can't find any networks, can anyone confirm or is it just me?
2nd February 2019, 02:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thank you for supporting our phone with Android 9.0. I'm currently using the "[ROM][BETA][8.1.0] CarbonROM cr-6.1 For Xperia Z2 [sirius]".

I've always wondered about Android 9.0, I'm very glad to see it now and I want to try but I'm afraid. But... Are there big bugs? Or did you encounter problems that prevent use? My device is my only phone. Do you think I should install and try?
2nd February 2019, 03:43 PM |#19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrayer6

Thank you for supporting our phone with Android 9.0. I'm currently using the "[ROM][BETA][8.1.0] CarbonROM cr-6.1 For Xperia Z2 [sirius]".

I've always wondered about Android 9.0, I'm very glad to see it now and I want to try but I'm afraid. But... Are there big bugs? Or did you encounter problems that prevent use? My device is my only phone. Do you think I should install and try?

As for me, I have been switched to Ressurection Remix Pie from Carbon Rom 6.1 this morning and I haven't seen serious bugs that affects daily usage but it's too early to decide. I have just observed some bugs that;

1. Offline charging (The Screen Does not turn OFF!..)
2. Front Camera (all camera apps crash on front camera)
3. Video Camera Setting (Not working on Stock - Working on 3rd party apps)
4. Some apps crashes instantly (but not often, rare)
5. Sound Effects (Mixer) are not working.

Despite of these these problems, the software runs smoothly and effectively. Pie is worth all these dev's efforts to test
2nd February 2019, 04:02 PM |#20  
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinsic

Can confirm, changing to landscape or video mode crashes the app. Switching to QR camera works but after you quit it crashes saying it can't connect to the camera.

It there a better camera out there? I saw some Xperia camera mods but most seem to be for other models. I only see one mention of using GCam but the version they used didn't work.

Haven't witnessed these problems yet.

A problem I've had is my icons on the home page have reset to default a few times. I've set it to locked now and nothing has changed so far.

Do I seriously get to keep this phone for even longer??

Amazing. Might be time to pick up a new back glass plate to replace the broken one.

For me also it happened just 4-5 times. And no touch response only once.
2nd February 2019, 04:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burç OZARI

As for me, I have been switched to Ressurection Remix Pie from Carbon Rom 6.1 this morning and I haven't seen serious bugs that affects daily usage but it's too early to decide. I have just observed some bugs that;

1. Offline charging (The Screen Does not turn OFF!..)
2. Video Camera Setting (Not working- Crashed)
3. Some apps crashes instantly (but not often, rare)
4. Sound Effects (Mixer) are not working.

Despite of these these problems, the software runs smoothly and effectively. Pie is worth all these dev's efforts to test

Thank you very much for your reply, I took note of all the problems you mentioned. I'm going to download this ROM, but I'll think about it for a while for install.

Only the "Video Camera Setting" part of the bugs you listed makes it difficult for me to decide. Is your phone doesn't record video? Isn't this problem solved with other video camera applications, like Open Camera?
(To be clear, I don't even understand what exactly the problem is. Doesn't your phone record video? Or crashing when recording video?)

Again, thank you so much for your answer. You enlightened me. If I decide to install the ROM right now, I will feel more comfortable because of you. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ultrayer6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ultrayer6 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 9.0, resurrection remix, xperia z2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)