Qc- 2.0 HACK [ charge your z2 from empty to 100% in 120 minutes]

Search This thread

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
QUALCOMM QUICK CHARGE 2.0

YES YOU READ IT RIGHT. HAVE THE QUALCOMM QUICK CHARGE 2.0 FOR YOUR INTERNATIONAL VERSION OF Z2 , WHICH IS PREVIOUSLY ONLY AVAILABLE ON SO-03F JAPANESE DOCOMO EDITION Z2

IF YOU USE THIS HACK ON YOUR Z2 YOU WILL GET A FULL CHARGE FROM 0-100 IN ABOUT 120 MINUTES.. PREVIOUSLY IT USED TO BE ABOUT 3 OR 3+ HOURS DEPENDING UPON YOUR CHARGER AND USB CABLE. EVEN WITH THE HIGHEST RATED CHARGER CURRENT THAT YOUR PHONE OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS (2AMPS) , IT WILL TAKE ABOUT TWO HOURS. AND THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS IS YOU WILL GET 50% OF BATTERY IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES..

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO FOR DETAILS ON HOW QC-2.0 WORKS quick-charge-20-how-it-works. THANKS @Haldi4803 FOR THE REFERENCE.

Here is my story....

while i have been roaming around internet to know about QuickCharging 2.0 by Qualcomm, i found that Qualcomm have released a list of devices that support QC-2.0 charging. and our beloved Z2 was in the list. but sony never mentioned that in their white paper. but actualy they refused the claim. and later sony said that it was present on their Japanese model. aka SO-03F. So then i got frustrated, why sony claims so.. From my future experience on Android devices, i know that a lot of things are software dependent. Like the disabling of Bionz engine, Bravia engine, Noise Cancellation feature etc.. when boot loader is unlocked, Also the 4k and Slow motion video is disabled in Z1 despite it have the same camera sensor as Z2... We ; the XDA members have find it out and patched/accrued those features over the time.. (HIGH FIVE FOR THE DEVELOPERS).
Like my last attempt in reveling the LOSS OF NOISE REDUCTION when boot loader is unlocked , I set out to find the hoax behind this QC 2.0 too.. I was so sure that sony have dissabled this feature in International version of Z2 by changing the software. Just like they did with 4k and slowmotion.
So i started a discussion thread http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-de...ick-to-quick-charge-z2-international-t3141254 , and over the time few members helped me in figuring out things . @AndroPlus , a recognized Kernel dev, even build some test kernels with parts of QC-2.0 enabled on it, but then we found that it was not enough. So i was desperate. And i took the decession to work it out with my Z2 (which is only 6 months old since i purchased).
i know the only possible way to figurre out if there is a QC - 2.0 hardware inside it , is by installing the original SO-03F firmware on it., but that was not so easy again. just because the MD5 of system partition, and the partition table itself dont match (since SO-03F have 32 gb and D6503 only have 16 gb), luckily kernel, fota, basebands, and loader does match. So all i needed is to make a flashable zip of system partition (SO-03F system), and flash it. Again i have to remove few things from it since the DOCOMO system partition is bigger than the original system partition of D6503. and there are a lot of docomo bloatware inside it, so i cleaned it up, made a flashable zip.

Then i did unlock my bootloader (not a necessary, but it will help me to recover easily, if things go wrong. after that i followed these steps

1) flashed a kernel which support fota recovery (used @AndroPlus v59 kernel)
2)booted into recovery and flashed the system partition zip i made earlier
3) then with out rebooting, flashed stock docomo kernel, baseband,loader using flash tool.
4) rebooted .. and everything is working fine.. only random disconnects in 4g network since my carrier's 4g coverage is less inside my room, but wcdma preferred mode fixed it with 3g signal.
5) then later i got my QC-2.0 charger which is Samsung EP-TA20uwe which has 5v@2000ma and 9v@1670ma (QC 2.0 standard) and plugged it in... it was charging the phone. then i used several softwares to check if it is working, and logcat, and they all showed up interesting things. that .... MY PHONE IS ACTUALLY CHARGING AT QC 2.0 SPEED .

HERE IS THE VIDEO, TAKE A LOOK.
https://youtu.be/8p185UHd4a0

Also the phone detect the charger as a differnt device and use USB_DCP mode to connect to it. It even recognize the charger differently while the phone is turned off (check the pictures attached, it shows a different battery icon with QC-2.0 charger, while normal usb wall chargers like Samsung ETA-U90IWE rated 5v@2000ma, Sony EP-880 rated 5v@1500 ma, and USB charging from my laptop rated at 5v @100-500 ma all have another charger icon).

so this is it buddies, Z2 D6503 (and possibly all other Z2 models) have a QC-2.0 hardware inside their shiny skin. All we need is to enable it properly in the kernel. BTW, the HVDCP module is already present inside the system/bin/ which is required for QC- 2.0 .

someone who is developing for cyanogenmod can take a look at this http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/84769.
and this blog post, which inspired me to dig deep http://blog.oxplot.com/quickcharge/

thanks @nos1609 for giving me that reference, buddy ... with out your help, i would have never done this.

ALSO, i like to hand over this infos to @AndroPlus , @Myself5 , @DooMLoRD, @jerpelea , @pec0ra and other great Kernel developers both for stock and AOSP,Cyanogen,MIUI etc...

Here is the flashable system and required files, NB- you still need to download the docomo ftf( or its kernel ftf) for flashing kernel,bootbundle,baseband and fota. detailed instructions are inside the flash package. use 7zip or winrar to extract the files inside the 7zip. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ZZ6E3m-DKFdnBpOGtNQUNWYjQ/view?usp=sharing

THE ABOVE METHODE IS NO LONGER NEEDED. YOU CAN HAVE IT ON CURRENT FIRMWARE WHICH IS ANDROID 5.1.1 .

THANKS TO @AndroPlus FOR HIS LATEST V63C QC ENABLED KERNEL AND @Jackos FOR HIS AUTOMATIC QC STARTER SCRIPT. WITH OUT THEM, THIS HACK WOULD BE STILL A KID. I ALSO WANT TO THANK @Haldi4803 @TheFerhatKing AND VARIOUS OTHERS WHO TESTED AND REPORTED ISSUES AND PROGRESS.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING OF IT... HAVE IT NOW.

THINGS YOU MUST NEED FOR THIS HACK TO WORK.

1) XPERIA Z2 WITH UNLOCKED BOOT LOADER( FULLY SUPPORTED)/ LOCKED BOOTLOADER (PARTIALLY SUPPORTED)

2) QC-2.0 CERTIFIED CHARGER

3) GOOD BRANDED USB CABLE

4) WORKING RECOVERY.

PROCEDURE​

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ( FULLY SUPPORTED)

1) A SONY XPERIA Z2(WORKING ON Z3 WITH QC ENABLED Z3 KERNEL) WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOT LOADER.
2) FLASH LATEST Z2_AndroPlus QC ENABLED KERNEL.zip FROM RECOVERY.
3) FLASH Jackos_QuickCharge2.0_rev5.zip
4) REBOOT AND CONNECT YOUR QC.2.0 CHARGER AND SEE THE MAGIC.

LOCKED BOOTLOADER ( PARTIALLY SUPPORTED)

SINCE A QC-2.0 ENABLED KERNEL IS AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT TO GET THIS WORKING, AND YOUR STOCK SONY KERNEL DONT SUPPORT IT, WE CANT GET A FULL SPEED QC-2.0 HACK ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CANT FLASH NON STOCK SONY KERNEL ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER. FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, BUT STILL HAVE A WORKING RECOVERY, WE HAVE A PARTIAL SOLUTION . THIS WILL REDUCE YOUR CURRENT CHARGING TIME BY 30-40%. IF YOU HAVE A QC-2.0 CHARGER.

1) A SONY XPERIA Z2(WORKING ON Z3 ALSO) WITH A LOCKED BOOT LOADER.
2) FLASH Jackos_QuickCharge2.0_rev5.zip
3) REBOOT AND CONNECT YOUR QC.2.0 CHARGER AND SEE THE MAGIC.

LOGGING IMAGES PROVIDED BY @Haldi4803

ENR699s.png

0mpasDh.png

For those who have a quick doubt, the answer is -
yes your phone will charge normally on a non QC-2.0 charger like your stock z2 charger, even after you flash this. so don't worry, go ahead.

Also we recommend using a QC-2.0 standard ( not only for sony, but for any QC-2.0 enabled phone) when you are in a hurry. Just because, The QC-2.0 technology is to pump up the battery with higher currents, and that will cause little more heat and possibly lower down the battery capacity over years. But we have possible solution for that too.. Dont use your phone too much while you are charging it, that will reduce the heat produced and hence your battery will be a "cool guy".

GUYS.. WE HAVE BEEN DESPERATELY WORKING ON THIS FOR MORE THAN A MONTH, A LOT OF RE FLASHING, SOFT BRICKS ,BOOT LOOPS, MISSED MESSAGES,SLEEPLESS NIGHTS,ANGRY GIRLFRIENDS... WHEWWW.. IT WAS A MESS. SO PLEASE RESPECT THE WORK, YOU CAN EMBED IT IN YOUR ROM, KERNEL, SCRIPTS OR ANYTHING... BUT GIVE A LINK OR CREDIT TO THIS THREAD/ GIVE A THANKS NOTE ON YOUR AROMA SCRIPTS.

Thank you all...

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 21,494
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 21,306
  • IMG_20150723_134052.jpg
    IMG_20150723_134052.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 21,755
  • IMG_20150723_134616.jpg
    IMG_20150723_134616.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 21,712
  • IMG_20150723_134704.jpg
    IMG_20150723_134704.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 21,247
  • IMG_20150723_134800.jpg
    IMG_20150723_134800.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 20,981
Last edited:

Haldi4803

awesome!

Question: If you check the /sys/devices/qpnp-charger-f2e45000(or similar)/power_supply/battery/voltage_now file does it show 9V or the actual voltage that reaches the battery? (which would be around 4-4.5) /current_now file should show the exact same as all other widgets.

Oh.... Btw does QC2.0 work over Magnetic Ports?

Last edited:

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
awesome!

Question: If you check the /sys/devices/qpnp-charger-f2e45000(or similar)/power_supply/battery/voltage_now file does it show 9V or the actual voltage that reaches the battery? (which would be around 4-4.5) /current_now file should show the exact same as all other widgets.

Oh.... Btw does QC2.0 work over Magnetic Ports?

yes it shows battery voltage, 3.9xx, just becsuse my batery is 15%.

WHEN I CONNECT QC CHARGER ON USB PORT, THE VALUES:-

on sys/devices/msm_dwc3/power_supply/usb (which is under /sys/class/power_supply/usb)
1) POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW- 8575300
2)POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAXIMUM-9000000
3)POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE-1
4)POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT - 1
5)POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE- USB_DCP
6)POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_MAX - 1500000
7)POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_SYSTEM_MAX- 1500000
8)POWER_SUPPLY_SCOPE-unknown
9)POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=usb

WHEN I DISCONNECT QC AND AGAIN CHECK THE VALUES

POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=USB
POWER_SUPPLY PRESENT/POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=0
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAXIMUM=9000000
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_MAX=0
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_SYSTEM_MAX=1500000
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=135000
POWER_SUPPLY_SCOPE/POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE= UNKNOWN

can you check if sys/devices/msm_dwc3/power_supply/usb folder is present on normal Z2 os? i mean its original os? i think it may not be there. since its kernel files, and normal kernel wont have qc feature, it may not be present, and that may be the reason we dont have qc in normal os. btw, i am using stock kernel from docomo.

qc dont seems to work through magnetic dock, it may be because there is a handshake protocol between charger and phone, which is done via usb d+ and d- lines, and if that is done with proper voltage levels on both the lines, the charger will output 9v. since it wont happen in magnetic dock, only 5v is given to it.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Anyone actually tested this?
It's quite interesting but I really doubt it's smart to use it (if we could even "power it up" on Z2/Z3).
I guess Sony had a reason to hide this feature... battery overheating or something similar maybe?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: get2easy

TheFerhatKing

Jul 22, 2012
Anyone actually tested this?
It's quite interesting but I really doubt it's smart to use it (if we could even "power it up" on Z2/Z3).
I guess Sony had a reason to hide this feature... battery overheating or something similar maybe?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
No no no..uploadfromtaptalk1437679118273.png

Gesendet von meinem SM-T230 mit Tapatalk

Haldi4803

Stock .28 and Androplus Kernel v59a
Not connected.

POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=usb
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=0
POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=0
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAX=9000000
POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=Unknown
POWER_SUPPLY_SCOPE=Unknown
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=240840

Anyone with stock kernel can check the uevent file?

TheFerhatKing

Jul 22, 2012
Thank you man that you confrimed us that its really working, I started to give up because I thouhgt it will never work, 6h sot with QC2.0 is a beast combo nice!

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
Stock .28 and Androplus Kernel v59a
Not connected.

POWER_SUPPLY_NAME=usb
POWER_SUPPLY_PRESENT=0
POWER_SUPPLY_ONLINE=0
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_MAX=9000000
POWER_SUPPLY_TYPE=Unknown
POWER_SUPPLY_SCOPE=Unknown
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=240840

Anyone with stock kernel can check the uevent file?

But have u connected it to a qc charger while u check these?

TheFerhatKing

Jul 22, 2012
No he said not connected, I can test it tomorrow, I've got the same QC2.0 charger from samsung like you, running Existenz Y 2.0.0 here with AndroPlus v59 kernel

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
no charger connected, and when i plug the EP880 i get roughly same values.

yes the reason being for the same reading is, that z2 is not connected to a quick charger, and even if it is connected to a quick charger , those values wont change, simply because its not going into QC-2.0 charging mode. well, buddy if u are willing to do my experiment, by flashing SO-03F firmware, and borrow/buy a xiaomi/motorola turbo/ or easy to find s6/s5/note4 chargers from your friends or store. u will get the same result as mine. i am 101% sure about it.

I like to tell all enthusiasts/ developers out there that, flashing the SO-03 F firmware wont ruin ur phone. just dont flash TA,PARTITION, AND also DIRECT FLASHING OF SYSTEM IS NOT POSSIBLE

MAKE A FLASHABLE ZIP FOR SYSTEM ( THE ONLY WAY POSSIBLE) FASTBOOT FLASHING WONT WORK FOR AN UNTOUCHED SO-03F SYSTEM PARTITION AND FLASH IT WITH ANY RECOVERY. YOU CAN JUST FORMAT YOUR SYSTEM PARTITION FROM ANY OF YOUR CURRENT SETUP, AND FLASH THE SO-03F SYSTEM PARTITION. THEN WITH OUT REBOOTING FLASH KERNEL, BASEBAND,FOTA, LOADER, WITH OUT WIPING ANYTHING , USING FLASH TOOL

showlyshah

Mar 10, 2011
kerala
Not so correct

No no no..View attachment 3416094

As of my current knowledge, and taking a look at my logs , my battery never crossed 46.1 degrees while i charged it from 2-60% . i will soon post logs (this soon depends upon when my battery gets down again... lol this thing is robust, it empties so slow!!!!! well i will try playing some graphics rich games.) and 46.1 is not that high, because 10 mins of whatsapp chat alone will rise its temp from 35 to 39-40 degrees. you can just plug in your normal charger and check its temp, and post it here. ( well that's a requirement, since we have to consider the negative sides too).

Reactions: TheFerhatKing

gazza35

Sep 10, 2006
Dumfries
I read somewhere that stock Z2 charger cable and indeed some low quality cables only carry a charge that's standard. Ie, 1400ma, Is this true?.
If so it means a search for a specific 2000ma cable would be necessary for some users, I purchased a belkin charger rated @ 2amp, and indeed charges at qc2.0 speeds, used it on my z1 and Z2, but I did pay £35 for the charger and cable.

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
Did you by any chance measure voltage and currents actually being fed into the phone? Reading logcat and /proc fs is nice and all, but it's not always accurate.

I tried one of AndroPlus' kernel versions that had QC 2.0 enabled, and while it charged at 9V, the maximum current it drew was only about 800 mA. This means it charged slower than without QC 2.0 enabled (5V and up to 2A). I tested this with a Samsung "Fast Adaptive Charging" charger, looks like the same one used by the OP here.

I used a USB 3.0 power monitor dongle to get the voltage and current readings.

ryandxter

Mar 12, 2013
The Special Region of Yogyakarta
stay tune on this thread....
well on short explanation "this may won't work and causing bootloop on stock kernel (LB) since it's require UBL to enable it's QC 2.0 features",, am I right?

for 6 months I've been using original Samsung S5's head charger which 2A output at least give me 40% faster charging than original EP Head charger from Z2

sent from Z2 running ExistenZ 2.0 LB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QUALCOMM QUICK CHARGE 2.0

YES YOU READ IT RIGHT. HAVE THE QUALCOMM QUICK CHARGE 2.0 FOR YOUR INTERNATIONAL VERSION OF Z2 , WHICH IS PREVIOUSLY ONLY AVAILABLE ON SO-03F JAPANESE DOCOMO EDITION Z2

IF YOU USE THIS HACK ON YOUR Z2 YOU WILL GET A FULL CHARGE FROM 0-100 IN ABOUT 120 MINUTES.. PREVIOUSLY IT USED TO BE ABOUT 3 OR 3+ HOURS DEPENDING UPON YOUR CHARGER AND USB CABLE. EVEN WITH THE HIGHEST RATED CHARGER CURRENT THAT YOUR PHONE OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS (2AMPS) , IT WILL TAKE ABOUT TWO HOURS. AND THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS IS YOU WILL GET 50% OF BATTERY IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES..

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO FOR DETAILS ON HOW QC-2.0 WORKS quick-charge-20-how-it-works. THANKS @Haldi4803 FOR THE REFERENCE.

Here is my story....

while i have been roaming around internet to know about QuickCharging 2.0 by Qualcomm, i found that Qualcomm have released a list of devices that support QC-2.0 charging. and our beloved Z2 was in the list. but sony never mentioned that in their white paper. but actualy they refused the claim. and later sony said that it was present on their Japanese model. aka SO-03F. So then i got frustrated, why sony claims so.. From my future experience on Android devices, i know that a lot of things are software dependent. Like the disabling of Bionz engine, Bravia engine, Noise Cancellation feature etc.. when boot loader is unlocked, Also the 4k and Slow motion video is disabled in Z1 despite it have the same camera sensor as Z2... We ; the XDA members have find it out and patched/accrued those features over the time.. (HIGH FIVE FOR THE DEVELOPERS).
    Like my last attempt in reveling the LOSS OF NOISE REDUCTION when boot loader is unlocked , I set out to find the hoax behind this QC 2.0 too.. I was so sure that sony have dissabled this feature in International version of Z2 by changing the software. Just like they did with 4k and slowmotion.
    So i started a discussion thread http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-de...ick-to-quick-charge-z2-international-t3141254 , and over the time few members helped me in figuring out things . @AndroPlus , a recognized Kernel dev, even build some test kernels with parts of QC-2.0 enabled on it, but then we found that it was not enough. So i was desperate. And i took the decession to work it out with my Z2 (which is only 6 months old since i purchased).
    i know the only possible way to figurre out if there is a QC - 2.0 hardware inside it , is by installing the original SO-03F firmware on it., but that was not so easy again. just because the MD5 of system partition, and the partition table itself dont match (since SO-03F have 32 gb and D6503 only have 16 gb), luckily kernel, fota, basebands, and loader does match. So all i needed is to make a flashable zip of system partition (SO-03F system), and flash it. Again i have to remove few things from it since the DOCOMO system partition is bigger than the original system partition of D6503. and there are a lot of docomo bloatware inside it, so i cleaned it up, made a flashable zip.

Then i did unlock my bootloader (not a necessary, but it will help me to recover easily, if things go wrong. after that i followed these steps

1) flashed a kernel which support fota recovery (used @AndroPlus v59 kernel)
    2)booted into recovery and flashed the system partition zip i made earlier
    3) then with out rebooting, flashed stock docomo kernel, baseband,loader using flash tool.
    4) rebooted .. and everything is working fine.. only random disconnects in 4g network since my carrier's 4g coverage is less inside my room, but wcdma preferred mode fixed it with 3g signal.
    5) then later i got my QC-2.0 charger which is Samsung EP-TA20uwe which has 5v@2000ma and 9v@1670ma (QC 2.0 standard) and plugged it in... it was charging the phone. then i used several softwares to check if it is working, and logcat, and they all showed up interesting things. that .... MY PHONE IS ACTUALLY CHARGING AT QC 2.0 SPEED .

HERE IS THE VIDEO, TAKE A LOOK.
    https://youtu.be/8p185UHd4a0

Also the phone detect the charger as a differnt device and use USB_DCP mode to connect to it. It even recognize the charger differently while the phone is turned off (check the pictures attached, it shows a different battery icon with QC-2.0 charger, while normal usb wall chargers like Samsung ETA-U90IWE rated 5v@2000ma, Sony EP-880 rated 5v@1500 ma, and USB charging from my laptop rated at 5v @100-500 ma all have another charger icon).

so this is it buddies, Z2 D6503 (and possibly all other Z2 models) have a QC-2.0 hardware inside their shiny skin. All we need is to enable it properly in the kernel. BTW, the HVDCP module is already present inside the system/bin/ which is required for QC- 2.0 .

someone who is developing for cyanogenmod can take a look at this http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/84769.
    and this blog post, which inspired me to dig deep http://blog.oxplot.com/quickcharge/

thanks @nos1609 for giving me that reference, buddy ... with out your help, i would have never done this.

ALSO, i like to hand over this infos to @AndroPlus , @Myself5 , @DooMLoRD, @jerpelea , @pec0ra and other great Kernel developers both for stock and AOSP,Cyanogen,MIUI etc...

Here is the flashable system and required files, NB- you still need to download the docomo ftf( or its kernel ftf) for flashing kernel,bootbundle,baseband and fota. detailed instructions are inside the flash package. use 7zip or winrar to extract the files inside the 7zip. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ZZ6E3m-DKFdnBpOGtNQUNWYjQ/view?usp=sharing

THE ABOVE METHODE IS NO LONGER NEEDED. YOU CAN HAVE IT ON CURRENT FIRMWARE WHICH IS ANDROID 5.1.1 .

THANKS TO @AndroPlus FOR HIS LATEST V63C QC ENABLED KERNEL AND @Jackos FOR HIS AUTOMATIC QC STARTER SCRIPT. WITH OUT THEM, THIS HACK WOULD BE STILL A KID. I ALSO WANT TO THANK @Haldi4803 @TheFerhatKing AND VARIOUS OTHERS WHO TESTED AND REPORTED ISSUES AND PROGRESS.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING OF IT... HAVE IT NOW.

THINGS YOU MUST NEED FOR THIS HACK TO WORK.

1) XPERIA Z2 WITH UNLOCKED BOOT LOADER( FULLY SUPPORTED)/ LOCKED BOOTLOADER (PARTIALLY SUPPORTED)

2) QC-2.0 CERTIFIED CHARGER

3) GOOD BRANDED USB CABLE

4) WORKING RECOVERY.

PROCEDURE​

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ( FULLY SUPPORTED)

1) A SONY XPERIA Z2(WORKING ON Z3 WITH QC ENABLED Z3 KERNEL) WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOT LOADER.
    2) FLASH LATEST Z2_AndroPlus QC ENABLED KERNEL.zip FROM RECOVERY.
    3) FLASH Jackos_QuickCharge2.0_rev5.zip
    4) REBOOT AND CONNECT YOUR QC.2.0 CHARGER AND SEE THE MAGIC.

LOCKED BOOTLOADER ( PARTIALLY SUPPORTED)

SINCE A QC-2.0 ENABLED KERNEL IS AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT TO GET THIS WORKING, AND YOUR STOCK SONY KERNEL DONT SUPPORT IT, WE CANT GET A FULL SPEED QC-2.0 HACK ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CANT FLASH NON STOCK SONY KERNEL ON LOCKED BOOTLOADER. FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, BUT STILL HAVE A WORKING RECOVERY, WE HAVE A PARTIAL SOLUTION . THIS WILL REDUCE YOUR CURRENT CHARGING TIME BY 30-40%. IF YOU HAVE A QC-2.0 CHARGER.

1) A SONY XPERIA Z2(WORKING ON Z3 ALSO) WITH A LOCKED BOOT LOADER.
    2) FLASH Jackos_QuickCharge2.0_rev5.zip
    3) REBOOT AND CONNECT YOUR QC.2.0 CHARGER AND SEE THE MAGIC.

LOGGING IMAGES PROVIDED BY @Haldi4803

ENR699s.png

0mpasDh.png

For those who have a quick doubt, the answer is -
    yes your phone will charge normally on a non QC-2.0 charger like your stock z2 charger, even after you flash this. so don't worry, go ahead.

Also we recommend using a QC-2.0 standard ( not only for sony, but for any QC-2.0 enabled phone) when you are in a hurry. Just because, The QC-2.0 technology is to pump up the battery with higher currents, and that will cause little more heat and possibly lower down the battery capacity over years. But we have possible solution for that too.. Dont use your phone too much while you are charging it, that will reduce the heat produced and hence your battery will be a "cool guy".

GUYS.. WE HAVE BEEN DESPERATELY WORKING ON THIS FOR MORE THAN A MONTH, A LOT OF RE FLASHING, SOFT BRICKS ,BOOT LOOPS, MISSED MESSAGES,SLEEPLESS NIGHTS,ANGRY GIRLFRIENDS... WHEWWW.. IT WAS A MESS. SO PLEASE RESPECT THE WORK, YOU CAN EMBED IT IN YOUR ROM, KERNEL, SCRIPTS OR ANYTHING... BUT GIVE A LINK OR CREDIT TO THIS THREAD/ GIVE A THANKS NOTE ON YOUR AROMA SCRIPTS.

Thank you all...
    Please find attached my latest Quick Charge 2.0 enabler allowing the device to draw ~15W from the charger.

EDIT: For QuickCharge 2.0 to work you need both my flashable file and the AndroPlus v63c_QC2.0_2150 kernel. If you have a locked bootloader, just my flashable file will give you a bit faster charging.
    Maybe niaboc can do it..

View attachment 3426274
    @niaboc79
    And whats that supposed to be for an amswer?^^
    If the code is inside the system code, yes I could find it.

But it need time :D

Envoyé de mon D6503 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Yes buddies.. It works, i checked after restarting.
    Check pics below, one is taken before running command, and other after command. Yahooo... It is done. Qc.2.0 is uncovered. No more messing with kernels and roms, now the only thing that needs to be done is that init.d command.
    I just bought a Sony UCH10 QuickCharger. After some testing I managed to get the 9V@15W working. I attached my script for the QC2.0.

Let me know if it works ;) Do a FULL SYSTEM backup before flashing this file. Also It's worth mentioning that it does rise the temp limits by 10 degrees so this might not be safe. I'm using this since 24h and it's charging my Z2 blazing fast.

Please note that because I did not touch the kernel at all, you need to have the system fully booted for this to work.