[WIP][D6503/02][Sailfish] SailfishOS for Xperia Z2

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 203

Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2016, 03:36 PM |#21  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I know but some say that it'll make the os quite laggy as in the ram consumption and will increase i guess, i'm no dev but this is what i read, maybe its true maybe not

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

And is the recovery gone?
5th July 2016, 03:39 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Official builds for Jolla and Jolla C have aliendalvik, it isn't opensource so I can't include it.
5th July 2016, 03:40 PM |#23  
OP Member

More
To get the recovery back you have to flash CM kernel by fastboot, we have 3GB ram so there will be no lags and when you don't need to use android apps you can always turn the compatibility layer off to preserve battery.
5th July 2016, 03:54 PM |#24  
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keij0

To get the recovery back you have to flash CM kernel by fastboot, we have 3GB ram so there will be no lags and when you don't need to use android apps you can always turn the compatibility layer off to preserve battery.

can you provide a step by step guide? no rush
5th July 2016, 05:28 PM |#25  
OP Member

More
No guide yet, because we don't have sfdroid. To flash CM kernel you have to extract boot.img from CM zip and flash it using fastboot.
5th July 2016, 06:07 PM |#26  
Some bad informations. I'll fix them.

Sfdroid is android-in-window. When you flash sfdroid once you cannot turn it on/off. When you have sfdroid then android is running WITH sailfish so (because it's android) it will eat more ram ofcourse (because apps and second OS) and laggy? Don't think so, but yes it will use some CPU because android and apps on it will be running. You will have android as an app. So that is how sfdroid works. Here is video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--OtwvH4ARU
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister_Magister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister_Magister Ad-Free
6th July 2016, 06:33 AM |#27  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Unfortunately, doesn't work with Multirom. Oh well, I'll try this as my primary ROM anyway. Great job so far!
6th July 2016, 07:31 AM |#28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArvee

Unfortunately, doesn't work with Multirom. Oh well, I'll try this as my primary ROM anyway. Great job so far!

Multirom have to be with sfos support. Othervise it won't work. Ask your multirom develooer for sfos support.
7th July 2016, 01:29 AM |#29  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzxoxo

Well ig worked but then is there any work around for running android apps? Because the OS is really good

Bro how did u install it i tried to install cm12.1 after successful flash i reboot but my screen got blank and just vibrate not sony logo nothing only fastboot and flashmode and my phone UB
7th July 2016, 05:10 AM |#30  
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidaffan

Bro how did u install it i tried to install cm12.1 after successful flash i reboot but my screen got blank and just vibrate not sony logo nothing only fastboot and flashmode and my phone UB

Flash any CM12.1 based rom, reboot, then you'll have to flash a recovery as your previous recovery will be replaced by CM's recovery. After flashing the recovery wipe Cache,Data and dalvik cache then flash the zip and it should work. The Sony logo will stay for a while because Sos don't have a bootanimation so wait for it.
8th July 2016, 04:00 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzxoxo

Flash any CM12.1 based rom, reboot, then you'll have to flash a recovery as your previous recovery will be replaced by CM's recovery. After flashing the recovery wipe Cache,Data and dalvik cache then flash the zip and it should work. The Sony logo will stay for a while because Sos don't have a bootanimation so wait for it.

Are you sirius? (i'm so funny haha ha ha...). Don't make people wrong. Flash ONLY lastest cm12.1 otherwise something (or whole system) may not working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)