FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Is this Android Nougat ROM working on your device?

YES

14 Vote(s)
77.78%
NO

4 Vote(s)
22.22%

[NOUGAT][7.1][D6503/D6502]AOSP/PIXEL Nougat 7.1 ROM For Xperia Z2

404 posts
Thanks Meter: 351

By Brandon Nel, Senior Member on 21st August 2016, 02:34 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th August 2016, 04:09 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugamela

Then I hope that this project doesn't die... Sony won't update the Z2 to Android N, so this project assumes a much bigger importance if you guys can make this work.

Sony stopped making updates on the Z3, all Z3 users are now stuck on Developer Preview 4.

These are the devices that are going to get the 'official Android N release (NRD90M) ' update. (not DPs, you can opt in to DPs if you want to get MRs) : Xperia Z3+, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact, Xperia Z5 Premium, Xperia X, Xperia XA, Xperia XA Ultra, and Xperia X Performance.

24th August 2016, 04:14 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1,805

Donate to Me
More
This builds are the reference of something u can do better. After google releases source, they can fix the rest.
26th August 2016, 04:21 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin550

Sony stopped making updates on the Z3, all Z3 users are now stuck on Developer Preview 4.

These are the devices that are going to get the 'official Android N release (NRD90M) ' update. (not DPs, you can opt in to DPs if you want to get MRs) : Xperia Z3+, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact, Xperia Z5 Premium, Xperia X, Xperia XA, Xperia XA Ultra, and Xperia X Performance.

Well, it makes sense they would stop updating it eventually. But is it stable in the Z3 and does it support all the Z3's hardware? Then the same could be possible for the Z2.
26th August 2016, 06:54 PM |#24  
Flag Kassel (Hessen)
Thanks Meter: 7,475

More
Hey

Take care you will get a N build for all devices from z series
I have builded Aosp and it boots on z2
If we fix the small charging issue build will be published
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rcstar6696 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rcstar6696 Ad-Free
26th August 2016, 08:28 PM |#25  
Flag alexandria
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstar6696

Hey

Take care you will get a N build for all devices from z series
I have builded Aosp and it boots on z2
If we fix the small charging issue build will be published

what's the problem with charging
27th August 2016, 07:08 PM |#26  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 57

More
http://developer.sonymobile.com/build-aosp-nougat-7-0/ Found this online, is this doable for our device (z2 d6503)?
27th August 2016, 07:18 PM |#27  

More
Finally Sony released the building instructions for AOSP 7.0 (http://developer.sonymobile.com/build-aosp-nougat-7-0/)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagon94

http://developer.sonymobile.com/build-aosp-nougat-7-0/ Found this online, is this doable for our device (z2 d6503)?

Sony released the Android N kernel so I believe it should work since all the repos are now updated to work with Android N
27th August 2016, 07:55 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1,805

Donate to Me
More
custom is longer supported than stock.
27th August 2016, 08:10 PM |#29  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin550

Finally Sony released the building instructions for AOSP 7.0 (http://developer.sonymobile.com/build-aosp-nougat-7-0/)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Sony released the Android N kernel so I believe it should work since all the repos are now updated to work with Android N

So that means that we can create Android N roms for our devices? We have everything that is needed including the binaries? Why didn't sony just release a AOSP Android N then?
The Following User Says Thank You to Shagon94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shagon94 Ad-Free
27th August 2016, 09:07 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagon94

So that means that we can create Android N roms for our devices? We have everything that is needed including the binaries? Why didn't sony just release a AOSP Android N then?

I believe we should have everything except for the Software binaries, but I think they're going to release the resources soon.
27th August 2016, 09:23 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
It's all ok with aosp but too installed on or device wii need to unlock or bootloader that's a big problem for tham hue can't unlock bootloader
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread