FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Stock][Z2(D6503) 6.0.1 Marshmallow][.570][Prerooted+ TWRP + Xposed][LB]

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By fertsch, Member on 10th April 2016, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Friends,

today I'd like to show you how to upgrade your Z2 (D6503) w/ locked Bootloader to the latest 6.0.1 Marshmallow STOCK + TWRP + (optional)Xposed Framework.

First of all I'd like to thank those people for their work:

@adop40 for the overall idea
@serajr for making the Marshmallow TWRP that works with locked Bootloader
@Victor91rus for uploading the .570 firmware I used to make the flashable .zip
@ravdo & @niaboc79 for the Bootloop Fix Guide & Bootloopfix.zip

Checklist for the things you need

1. A Z2 phone running the latest Lollipop STOCK + Root + Busybox+ [NUT]'s Dual Recovery (If you don't have root, search for kingroot and root your device, after that install [NUT]'s Dual Recovery)
2. Download Bootloop Fix from HERE
3. Download my Marshmallow Package with the required files here: DOWNLOAD [MEGA] OR if you wanna use your own flashable rom just download the files without rom here: DOWNLOAD [MEGA]
4. Make a backup of your device
5. Install latest adb drivers and enable USB Debugging + Unknown Sources
6. IF you have Xposed Framework installed on Lollipop download the uninstaller from HERE
choose xposed-uninstaller-********-arm.zip

Installing Guide using Sonys Official ROM (Easy and Safe Version)

1. Extract the zip files (flashable.zip, byeselinux_flashable.zip, RICDefeat.zip) from the marshmallow.zip + BOOTLOOP FIX.zip onto your SD Card and copy the Recovery Folder (Z2_MM_TWRP) to your Desktop + IF you have the Xposed Framework installed copy the xposed-uninstaller-********-arm.zip also to your SD card
2. Boot your phone into Recovery Mode DO A FACTORY RESET FIRST(Optional: You can TRY to keep your apps + data and just DO NO FACTORY RESET AT ALL which maybe works(for me it did) but create a backup first) and THEN flash the zip files in this order: (xposed-uninstaller-********-arm.zip) => flashable.zip => byeselinux_flashable.zip => RICDefeat.zip => BOOTLOOP FIX.zip
3. Wipe Cache & Dalvik and REBOOT
3.1. Flash the kernel only using flashtool using the ftf (exclude everything except Kernel) and then boot (First boot may take a while because we cleaned the Dalvik-Cache)
4. After the reboot INSTALL BUSYBOX(Open App and hit Install) and then connect your phone to the PC and run the install.bat from the Z2_MM_Recovery folder (Accept any prompt popping up on your phone)
5. Phone will reboot into recovery when successfull, then you're done
6. Enjoy

Installing Guide using a different ROM (Try at your own risk/confirmed working ROMs at Threadbottom)

1. Extract the zip files (BETA-SuperSU-v2.68.zip, byeselinux_flashable.zip, RICDefeat.zip) from the "marshmallow without ROM.zip" + BOOTLOOP FIX.zip onto your SD Card, copy your "customROM.zip" onto your SD card and copy the Recovery Folder (Z2_MM_TWRP) to your Desktop + IF you have the Xposed Framework installed copy the xposed-uninstaller-********-arm.zip also to your SD card
2. Boot your phone into Recovery Mode DO A FACTORY RESET FIRST(Optional: You can TRY to keep your apps + data and just DO NO FACTORY RESET AT ALL which maybe works(for me it did) but create a backup first) and THEN flash the zip files in this order: (xposed-uninstaller-********-arm.zip) => customROM.zip => BETA-SuperSU-v2.68.zip => byeselinux_flashable.zip => RICDefeat.zip => BOOTLOOP FIX.zip
3. Wipe Cache & Dalvik and REBOOT
3.1. Flash the kernel only using flashtool using the ftf (exclude everything except Kernel) and then boot (First boot may take a while because we cleaned the Dalvik-Cache)
4. After the reboot INSTALL BUSYBOX(Open App and hit Install) and then connect your phone to the PC and run the install.bat from the Z2_MM_Recovery folder (Accept any prompt popping up on your phone)
5. Phone will reboot into recovery when successfull then you're done

(optional) Xposed Framework for Marshmallow

If you wanna use Xposed Framework on Marshmallow you need to do two more extra things:
Prerequisites:
Z2 with working Marshmallow + Root + TWRP INSTALLED
XposedInstaller.apk You can find it HERE
XposedFramework.zip You can find it HERE (Download the LATEST one)

How to install:
1. Install the XposedInstaller.apk
2. Reboot into TWRP and flash the XposedFramework.zip
3. Wipe Cache & Dalvik and Reboot
4. Enjoy

Confirmed working custom ROMs

If you have any questions or find MISTAKES just message me I'll try to keep the thread updated
Don't forget to flash the bootloopfix.zip or you'll have a bad time!!!
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to fertsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fertsch Ad-Free

10th April 2016, 01:02 PM |#2  
Flag Pathanamthitta
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Downloading.....i can't wait to test

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jijishthomas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jijishthomas Ad-Free
10th April 2016, 01:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
waiting for xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to marco_nguyen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marco_nguyen Ad-Free
10th April 2016, 01:33 PM |#4  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Would it be a problem if I upgrade from 23.4.Α.1.232?
The Following User Says Thank You to konstantinos3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift konstantinos3 Ad-Free
10th April 2016, 01:36 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Linz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantinos3

Would it be a problem if I upgrade from 23.4.Α.1.232?

Should work, but do a backup first

Sent from my D6503 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to fertsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fertsch Ad-Free
10th April 2016, 02:01 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i install TWRP but i don't see it in my phone@@
10th April 2016, 02:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
i upgraded from latest lollipop, however i cant use my phone because just when i press first number from pincode, my phone restarts. it does it everytime.
10th April 2016, 02:13 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Linz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_nguyen

i install TWRP but i don't see it in my phone@@

Install busybox and then reinstall TWRP

The Following User Says Thank You to fertsch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fertsch Ad-Free
10th April 2016, 02:14 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Linz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawido

i upgraded from latest lollipop, however i cant use my phone because just when i press first number from pincode, my phone restarts. it does it everytime.

Hmm dats weird did u clean dalvik after flashing?

10th April 2016, 02:16 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertsch

Hmm dats weird did u clean dalvik after flashing?

yes i did, also restarts phone instantly if i have usb plugged in when i power it on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lawido For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lawido Ad-Free
10th April 2016, 02:20 PM |#11  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawido

Use the instructions posted here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=413
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lockedbootloader, marshmallow, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)