Systemless SuperSU for stock roms

Search This thread

Diewi

Jul 7, 2008
Hello all,

as you may know installing systemless SuperSU for Z2 stock roms was not possible until now due to the ELF format of the boot image. As a workaround one was required to install SuperSU in system mode, but support for this installation type seems to fade away...

In order to have convenient solution to enable systemless installation for elf boot image files, @adriandC created a tool called boot_bridge that works around the limitations caused by the ELF format. Up to now, only Xperia SP and similar device have been supported.

But, due to the recent efforts to support ELF images in libbootimg (backend library used by MultiRom) and which are found in Z2 and similar devices, the boot_bridge tool now supports the Z2 as well (boot_bridge also uses the libbootimg library). This is a result of a collaborative effort of AdrainDC and me wherby the main portion of the work on the boot_bridge was done by AdrainDC (I focussed on the Z2 ELF support, where AdrainDC fixed may changes such that the Xperia SP support is no broken :) )

You can find the tools here:
boot_bridge

Regards,
Diewi

P.S: I am posting this here to raise awareness of this useful tool, since this update may be easily missed in the cross-device dev section).

Diewi

Jul 7, 2008
Custom kernels are not using the ELF format. The boot_bridge is for the stock kernel, not custom kernels compiled from stock sources.

Diewi

Jul 7, 2008
Reactions: filjusz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

as you may know installing systemless SuperSU for Z2 stock roms was not possible until now due to the ELF format of the boot image. As a workaround one was required to install SuperSU in system mode, but support for this installation type seems to fade away...

In order to have convenient solution to enable systemless installation for elf boot image files, @adriandC created a tool called boot_bridge that works around the limitations caused by the ELF format. Up to now, only Xperia SP and similar device have been supported.

But, due to the recent efforts to support ELF images in libbootimg (backend library used by MultiRom) and which are found in Z2 and similar devices, the boot_bridge tool now supports the Z2 as well (boot_bridge also uses the libbootimg library). This is a result of a collaborative effort of AdrainDC and me wherby the main portion of the work on the boot_bridge was done by AdrainDC (I focussed on the Z2 ELF support, where AdrainDC fixed may changes such that the Xperia SP support is no broken :) )

You can find the tools here:
    boot_bridge

Regards,
    Diewi

P.S: I am posting this here to raise awareness of this useful tool, since this update may be easily missed in the cross-device dev section).
    very interesting and saw this in Cross Dev section . will try and let u know :)

Do i have to come from clean install of the ROm ? currently im on stock .291 with super su

To be safe, uninstall supersu before. Either via a the uninstaller or by flashing stock.
    So bootbridge will help us with e.g android pay? (systemless root on stock kernel?)

IF you need stock for that then: probably yes. But I am not into this android pay stuff (which has even more scurity mechanisms AFAIK to even detect systemless root), so at least I can't give you an answer to this. Anyone?

Yep.