Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[DISCUSSION] [7.x.x][WEEKLIES] CarbonROM | cr-5.1 [sirius]

1,723 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,238

By rcstar6696, Senior Member on 13th August 2017, 07:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
To avoid overflowing the CarbonRom Thread, bug reports, discussion of the ROM from now on shall take place here. Thank for your cooperation and happy flashing.

Credit:
- @iXaidyiu
- @akshay2shah
- @vikash1994b
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcstar6696 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rcstar6696 Ad-Free

14th August 2017, 12:00 AM |#3  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Same reborn waiting for LOS too
14th August 2017, 03:40 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by koraymers

Same reborn waiting for LOS too

LOS is discontinued forever.

Sent from my Sony F8332 using XDA Labs
14th August 2017, 02:06 PM |#5  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXaidyiu

LOS is discontinued forever.

Sad story
So it means that you're gonna focus on only Carbon ROM, am I wrong?

-- That was the last question about LOS --
14th August 2017, 02:22 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by koraymers

Sad story
So it means that you're gonna focus on only Carbon ROM, am I wrong?

-- That was the last question about LOS --

Only CarbonROM and later Android O.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iXaidyiu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iXaidyiu Ad-Free
15th August 2017, 07:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What're yours Antutu Scores with this rom ?
15th August 2017, 07:59 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkcano

What're yours Antutu Scores with this rom ?

Benchmark sucks, not reliable and trustworthy.
Anyway, last time I checked it was about 60K for both F2FS and EXT4 file systems. But generally F2FS does performs way better which benchmark scores cannot symbolize.

15th August 2017, 09:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXaidyiu

Benchmark sucks, not reliable and trustworthy.
Anyway, last time I checked it was about 60K for both F2FS and EXT4 file systems. But generally F2FS does performs way better which benchmark scores cannot symbolize.

Yeah yeah. It's average score good one How about microphone problem while calling? Still ok google issue is there? (muted mic issue) and do you suggest weekly stable or test build? You know today already released a new weekly stable build?
Edit: One more question on my phone I cannot reach recovery without a custom kernel with custom kernel it performs very well on .291 build 6.0.1 marsh. Is it a problem to go Carbon Rom ? (If you ask, I flashed .291 offical build with flashtool )
15th August 2017, 10:04 PM |#10  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I found a bug. Connect to a VPN via l2tp/ipsec psk works without any problems. A disconnect from VPN has the effect that the device restarts. It does not matter which built I am using. I happens every time.
16th August 2017, 03:40 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkcano

Yeah yeah. It's average score good one How about microphone problem while calling? Still ok google issue is there? (muted mic issue) and do you suggest weekly stable or test build? You know today already released a new weekly stable build?
Edit: One more question on my phone I cannot reach recovery without a custom kernel with custom kernel it performs very well on .291 build 6.0.1 marsh. Is it a problem to go Carbon Rom ? (If you ask, I flashed .291 offical build with flashtool )

1. For bugs, please refer to the bug list in OP, if its not there, then it is fixed.
2. No problem with TWRP here. Try clean install again(?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans_Werner

I found a bug. Connect to a VPN via l2tp/ipsec psk works without any problems. A disconnect from VPN has the effect that the device restarts. It does not matter which built I am using. I happens every time.

It would be very helpful if you can provide some logs of the events, for instructions please refer to my signature.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)