[FIX] No HDCP error Miracast (Ezcast) while screen mirroring all apps fix

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By themightydeity, Junior Member on 31st May 2015, 02:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2016, 12:05 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sup all. Thanks for the original post, I'm gonna type out the procedure for Xperia M4 Aqua E2303 with unlocked bootloader and root, SW version 26.1.A.2.167.

I had to use "Kernel Adiutor" (not a typo) since I'm unable to directly edit the build.prop file; The kernel in this SW revision is compiled with secure flag 1 and i presume that's the primary issue with directly editing the files from "/system". Also, the rootkit for this phone uses SuperSU so I had to install BusyBox cause Kernel Adiutor uses that package to run root functions; Simply installed the apk then clicked "Install" in the app after the analysis completed.

I did this with "Unknown sources" in "Security" and USB debugging enabled. Also, the phone needs to be connected to your PC.
  1. In Kernel Adiutor use the "Build prop Editor", click the + icon, make a backup then add the "persist.debug.wfd.appmonitoring" for Key and "1" for Value.
  2. Type the following in your OS shell:
    • adb shell
    • su
    • chmod 644 /system/build.prop
  3. Done, reboot phone.

Should work

9th January 2016, 02:05 PM |#22  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
adb shell commands when entered via pc keeping the phone in fastboot mode it shows error: device not found however when i keep the phone on it shows error: device offline what to do?
19th February 2016, 10:11 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have z1, I connect it in sony im10 work with miracast , did all of this topic, but lag when you take away more then span.Тhe only difference is conect always from the first time. I tried it with a cheap phone and works perfectly, but z1 and z3 is certainly the same. Streaming from Youtube full screen is terribly
Sorry for my bad english.
2nd April 2016, 06:57 PM |#24  

More
I did all the steps described by "themightydeity" on my 4.4.4 Z1 Compact with no success.
Since I am unsure of the proper way what to use to issue the suggested adb shell commands, used the Terminal emulator where I entered those. As mentioned by "fer2503". It seems to take them but no feed back appeared confirming the action.
What do you guys think I am doing wrong?
Is it supposed to mirror all the display data or assist with video streaming to TV?
Thank you for any feedback!
16th April 2016, 02:47 AM |#25  

More
Working magically with this fix on a bootloader unlocked Sony tablet
29th May 2016, 02:55 AM |#26  

More
Hi U all !!
I own a Xperia z3 Black phone,model D6603,Android 4.4.4 and thinking to get rid of the hdcp issue.My only problem is:I read "bout rooting this phone and some say...rooting destroyed photo quality.Is that true?
10x in advance,
N
29th May 2016, 08:18 PM |#27  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 140

More
@nifedipin, No, unlock the bootloader will destroyed photo quality and other Sony features. Root only, don't have any impact to lose quality.
30th May 2016, 12:11 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monipeev

@nifedipin, No, unlock the bootloader will destroyed photo quality and other Sony features. Root only, don't have any impact to lose quality.

@ Monipeev

Could you provide a safe method to root my Z3 phone??

N
30th May 2016, 05:16 AM |#29  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 140

More
@nifedipin, Send link to you on PM, here is off topic.
Have a nice day.
23rd June 2016, 09:03 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Anyone tested this with the Z5?
If so can someone tell me how I get ability to edit the .prop file? I have adb access...

Thanks
6th July 2016, 09:31 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I fear I know the answer to this, but is there any way to do this on the Z5 without rooting?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix, hdcp, miracast, mirror, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)