FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't Flash !

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By nekomeow, Junior Member on 26th February 2019, 02:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, recently I tried to flash my phone in flashtool and always stuck at "reading device information", even xperia companion can't detect it !
I re-installed all drivers, tried old versions of flashtool and firmware but always the same problem.
My phone is rooted but I don't know about bootloader. Any help? suggestions?
Thanks
 
 
3rd March 2019, 08:32 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, I managed today to get mine working again. I had rooted it with RR but then got a bootloop. After giving up I found a forum that mentioned Sony Emma and I have managed to get my phone back to stock rom and working fine again.
3rd March 2019, 09:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by triffiditus

Hi, I managed today to get mine working again. I had rooted it with RR but then got a bootloop. After giving up I found a forum that mentioned Sony Emma and I have managed to get my phone back to stock rom and working fine again.

Already tried Emma, didn't work either ! but can you share the link with me, I may give it a try.
12th March 2019, 08:05 PM |#4  
~ Minato ~'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Did you install the unsigned drivers as well ?
13th March 2019, 12:37 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Minato ~

Did you install the unsigned drivers as well ?

If you mean the ones in flashtool drivers, well YES!
5th April 2019, 04:10 PM |#6  
~ Minato ~'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekomeow

If you mean the ones in flashtool drivers, well YES!

Try this.
Remove whatever flashtool version you have.
Disable windows driver signature enforcement.
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...igned-drivers/
Restart your pc or laptop.
Install ADB.You might not need this but just to be on the safe side.
URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0MKgCbUM0itSUhpUklCTFpzWkE&authuser=0
Install flashtool-0.9.18.6 with all the drivers.
(For some reason this is the most compatible one for Xperia Z2)
Then try flashing again.

sorry about the late reply. 😅
Let me know how it goes ✌
10th April 2019, 12:14 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Minato ~

Try this.
Remove whatever flashtool version you have.
Disable windows driver signature enforcement.
https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how...igned-drivers/
Restart your pc or laptop.
Install ADB.You might not need this but just to be on the safe side.
URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0MKgCbUM0itSUhpUklCTFpzWkE&authuser=0
Install flashtool-0.9.18.6 with all the drivers.
(For some reason this is the most compatible one for Xperia Z2)
Then try flashing again.

sorry about the late reply.
Let me know how it goes

Did all of that and same problem stuck at "Reading device information"
Maybe it's a Hardware problem not software ! what do you think ?
12th April 2019, 05:21 AM |#8  
~ Minato ~'s Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekomeow

Did all of that and same problem stuck at "Reading device information"
Maybe it's a Hardware problem not software ! what do you think ?

It really seems like a flashtool/driver issue .I had the same error a while back , i used that version and it's drivers as i mentioned earlier and everything worked fine.

Just to be on the safe side,give it a try on another pc and see ✌
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes