• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Alex Charles

Apr 10, 2011
Hey guys,

Just wanted to gather your opinions on the OnePlus 5 to see whether it was time to upgrade or not.

I've had the Xperia Z2 since it has been released and it has been through thick and thin. It has survived some horrendous falls, but this year has seen two rear panels, the battery and front LCD and digitizer need replacing. I should also mention that the charging port is broken, not a simple resoldering job either, it has physically snapped off the main board! Software wise though it is bang up to date. Thanks to the hard work from rcstar and others I'm running resurrection remix and could not be happier. Apart from the occasional hiccup with snapchat force closing, everything seems to run smoothly.

Basically, I've been thinking of getting a new phone for a while. I'll be starting a PhD in October, and would like a phone that can make the distance. I think it is safe to say that the Xperia z2 won't be getting any further iterations of Android official or not (however I would love to be proved wrong!). What I'm concerned about:

1. No stereo speakers - Will I be left disappointed with the sound balance or overall loudness? The last mono speaker device I had was on my galaxy s3...
2. Camera - I know the camera is supposed to be good, but for a three year old device the Xperia Z2 can still keep up.
3. No expandable storage - No hybrid sim slot either... Needless to say, I'd go for the 128gb / 8gb ram variant, but will this be enough considering the rate of expanding storage requirements over the years?
4. Screen - Still a 1080p screen? Actually, a few points lower DPI than the Z2 too... If anyone has the 3/3T to hand I'd really appreciate your opinion, as I'm sure the differences are to be seen!

If anyone has an opinion, feel free to share, however, if anyone has owned both the Xperia Z2 and a OnePlus 3/3T please contribute! You're opinion would really help.

Thanks,

Alex