Sony Xperia Z2 OS Deleted, Stuck on Sony Logo

Search This thread

SchwiftZone

Oct 7, 2017
I deleted my OS in TWRP recovery, I've tried doing many things but none of them have worked. I tried flashing a stock kernel using fastboot, flashtool, using sony's flashtool Emma but all of them gave an error. My bootloader was unlocked and i think USB debugging was on but i can't be completely certain. And I'm not sure if the phone is charging or not because it's just stuck on the sony logo.The model is D6503. I'm pretty new to this stuff so i don't know what to do, if you need any more information i'll try to provide it as fast as i can. Thanks in advance.

oguzbatu

Oct 29, 2015
İstanbul
Do you still have access tp TWRP? If you do, just go into the recovery flash a custom rom from XDA then try to return to stock if you want.

SchwiftZone

Oct 7, 2017
Are you have done a flash thing before?
Yes I have used flashtool before. It gets stuck while flashing data and doesn't move on any further. I left it running at night and when i came back to it 10 hours later it was still stuck on the same step. Maybe it's a battery problem and it runs out during the procedure, but i can't check the batterly level because whenever i try to charge it i get the sony logo and it stays stuck like that. I tried the red button at the side next to the SD card slot but it just vibrates 3 times and then turns itself back on when i plug it back into the charger and gets stuck on the sony logo again.

SchwiftZone

Oct 7, 2017
Do you still have access tp TWRP? If you do, just go into the recovery flash a custom rom from XDA then try to return to stock if you want.

No i can't access TWRP, when i try to start it the led is supposed to turn green but that doesnt happen. I only see the sony logo. Is there any other method?

SchwiftZone

Oct 7, 2017
Have you ever experienced battery drain issues before this happened? And can you connect the phone in the fastboot and flashmode?

My battery life is pretty bad overall it especially drains really fast after reaching 15-30%. Yes I can still connect to fastboot and flashmode. I've tried using both to flash a stock rom/kernel but both of them gave errors.
When I try to use flashtool it gets stuck at some point and doesn't go any further. When i try to flash using fastboot i get an unknown error within seconds and it doesnt work.

raminta

Jul 30, 2012
shiraz
Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Poco F3
My battery life is pretty bad overall it especially drains really fast after reaching 15-30%. Yes I can still connect to fastboot and flashmode. I've tried using both to flash a stock rom/kernel but both of them gave errors.
When I try to use flashtool it gets stuck at some point and doesn't go any further. When i try to flash using fastboot i get an unknown error within seconds and it doesnt work.
Flash a kernel that has built in recovery like elite kernel and flash a rom

oguzbatu

Oct 29, 2015
İstanbul
Strange... It can be the battery because if you can connect to flashmode/fastboot mode this means phone is still alive. I also had a battery isue too which didn't let me boot the phone at all. Anyway you should leave your phone on charge for overnight then try to flash something next day ornif you can someone open the backcover of your phone you can try to dissconect the battery and boot the phone while connected to charge but if you don't know how to open it please don't do it.

SchwiftZone

Oct 7, 2017
Strange... It can be the battery because if you can connect to flashmode/fastboot mode this means phone is still alive. I also had a battery isue too which didn't let me boot the phone at all. Anyway you should leave your phone on charge for overnight then try to flash something next day ornif you can someone open the backcover of your phone you can try to dissconect the battery and boot the phone while connected to charge but if you don't know how to open it please don't do it.
Just tried disconnecting battery and booting while plugged in, it just shows me the battery charging icon and stays like that.

oguzbatu

Oct 29, 2015
İstanbul
Just tried disconnecting battery and booting while plugged in, it just shows me the battery charging icon and stays like that.
Hmm strange... I am sure that you can't get into flash mode without the battery. But I am kinda sure the problem is the battery becuase when my old battery died my phone just kept blinking on Sony XPERIA logo. Anyway I think you should get other's idea as well.

Last edited: