Hello dear developers and android hackers,
On this thread, I will share with you a project I am developing as I am learning kernel programming / hacking. This kernel is based on Sony kernel sources with some enhancements for battery saving and performance.
- Based on Sony 23.5.A.0.570 kernel sources
- Compiled with linaro GCC 4.9.1 toolchain, -O3
- Governors : interactive, ondemand, performance, conservative, smartassV2, intellidemand2 and intelliactive.
- Fast hotplug
- CPU overclock up to 2.8 GHz Thank's to Faux123 and DooMLoRD
- Changed GPU frequency table to 27 - 657 MHz Thank's to Myself5
- Sony RIC disabled
- TWRP recovery included, fota partition support
- Breathing notification light thank's to glocklee
- Force Fast Charge
- KCAL Advanced color control Thank's to savoca
Use this kernel at you own risk ! I am not responsible for any damage or problem.
- Flash the zip via recovery
Abricot kernel v8.1 : 12.05.16
- Disable RIC at kernel level (Fixes partition mounting in recovery)
- Add KCAL Advanced color control Thank's to savoca
Abricot kernel v8 : 10.05.16
- Based on Sony sources 23.5.A.0.570
- Updated TWRP to version 3.0.2-0
Abricot kernel v7 : 01.04.15
- Updated to Lollipop kernel sources 23.1.A.0.690
- Update TWRP to 18.104.22.168
- Add Force Fast Charge
- Removed splash screen
Abricot kernel v6 : 24.12.14
- Fix default freq not applying for all cores at boot
- Fix -O3 compiler optimization
- Fast hotplug : plug in cores in descending order
Abricot kernel v5 : 15.12.14
- Increase voltage of higher frequency for better stability
- Add support for displaying the number of tasks running
- Add VR, SIO and FIFO schedulers
- Add lagfree governor
- Update TWRP to 22.214.171.124
- Fix scaling_max_freq permissions
- Set default frequency to 2.3GHz
Abricot kernel v4 : 11.12.14
- Add CPU overclock up to 2.8 GHz (Thank's to Faux123 and DooMLoRD)
- Change GPU frequency table to 27 - 657 MHz (Thank's to Myself5)
- Disable Sony RIC
- Remove msm_mpdecision
- Set qcom mpdecision as default
Abricot kernel v3 : 07.12.14
- First public release
Check my github to see all the changes.
Q : With what ROM can I use this kernel ?
A : With any ROM based on Sony stock Marshmallow
Q : Your kernel isn't working / My phone isn't booting anymore
A : Read this whole post once more, search for your problem in thread and report it if you haven't found a solution.
Q : Can I install this kernel on locked bootloader ?
A : No ! This kernel is only for unlocked bootloader.
Q : Does this kernel include recovery ?
A : Yes ! You can access by pressing buttons when the led is lighting. Volume down to go to TWRP and Volume up to load recovery from FOTA..
Q : What are mpdecision and fast hotplug ?
A : This is what manage your cpu cores and decide which core will be online. Fast hotplug is a brand new hotplug that I wrote. See next post for more information
* Sony for their sources and device
* @thewadegeek for his Tutorial
* @show-p1984 for his mpdecision
* @glocklee for his breating notification mod
* @Envious_Data for his help and links
* @Androguide.fr for Pimp my Z1
* The xda community for making me discover android and for answering so many of my questions
* Google for kernel sources and its search engine
* Apple for making expensive phone so that I never bought one of theirs
Please let me know per pm if there is any mistake or misspelled word in this thread. Automatic correction does a great job but since english isn't my mother thongue I'm pretty sure I made mistakes.
Abricot kernel, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z2
Source Code: https://github.com/pec0ra/abricot
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2016-05-20