Motherboard replacement

Search This thread
Mar 31, 2016
Hi guys! Do you know where I can buy motherboard to replace the one I have in my z5 dual? It got water damaged and I sent it to the repair shop and their asking me to pay almost the same amount I paid it brand new. (Is replacing the motherboard that expensive? I'll not continue if it is...) So I'm going to try fix it myself or let someone who knows better do it while I'll buy the parts. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Last edited:

barret95

Aug 10, 2012
Sony Xperia 5 II
hey man, apparently my motherboard needs a replacement. I sent my Z5 E6653 to SONY but they didnt repair it due to "bend" on frame. I then sent it to a different service, they found that the Baseband IC and Antenna needs replacements, I paid the additional payment but they couldn't repair as the motherboard is broke apparently .
Did you sort your issue out? where did you get a new motherboard/was it worth it?

yadnesh297

Aug 7, 2013
Bro will u help me out as my display ic gone n de said whole motherboard hv 2 change

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

M from mumbai

Bobacco

Jun 4, 2012
Berlin
hi,
is there any problem with replacing the motherboard, such as the fingerprint sensor is somehow tied to the original motherboard? i'm thinking about buying a z5 with broken display on ebay and using that motherboard. thanks for any help!

BaDKaRmA

Jul 9, 2014
Mumbai
Hey mate, i have the same problem, my xperia Z4 got water damaged only sony logo appears and it vibrates three times and restarts, did this same thing happened with you? Did you get the motherboard replaced?

agentsandy007

Account currently disabled
Who ever is thinking that their motherboard is not functioning, you have to try at mobile repair shops.
Sony service center people tell you to change everything but they are wrong.
My Z5 is water damaged and Sony India wanted me to pay 25000 Indian Rupees (convert it).
I've taken my phone to mobile repair shop(Delhi) and paid 5000 rupees for repairs including screen replacement.
Ofcourse screen is not genuine but mobile is working 100%. Fingerprint etc....

If your phone is even vibrating without anything on display, it is not motherboard fault. Get your screen replaced. It will do.

anez95

Jan 6, 2018
sony z5 replacement

hye guys, im searching someone who can sell any z5's motherboard in low prices

7boyz

Aug 29, 2018
, apparently my motherboard needs a replacement. I sent my Z5 E6653 to SONY but they

hey man, apparently my motherboard needs a replacement. I sent my Z5 E6653 to SONY but they didnt repair it due to "bend" on frame. I then sent it to a different service, they found that the Baseband IC and Antenna needs replacements, I paid the additional payment but they couldn't repair as the motherboard is broke apparently .
Did you sort your issue out? where did you get a new motherboard/was it worth it?[/QUOTE]

emirhan7

Jul 1, 2017
Ankara
ı was too obsesed with waterprofnes of phone 1 time ı was showoffing to my friend first the headphone jack then sim slot coruppted
then ı give it to varranty with no cost it took 3 days then ı got phone back paper says motherboard / charge slot/ heaphone jack replaced
ım so satisfied with sony waranty ım even thinking about sending phone again before warranty expires to relace 6633 with single version due to charging speed

Aug 14, 2014
Hello Guys. I too have a Sony Xperia Z5 E6653 Single sim version. I accidentally dropped my phone into water and then the screen started behaving strange. After switching off the phone to avoid damage and turned it ON after couple of days now I found my screen dead. When I touch the fingerprint sensor the phone vibrates, when I press the camera button the LED turns ON and I can hear the click sound. I couldn't put the phone in rice as I was traveling. Giving the phone to service center the technician said that the display IC is gone and he cant do anything. I took the phone to local repair shop and guy told me that display is gone and he can try replacing the display, but still not working. Is there any store in India - Mumbai where the chip level repairs are done, any hopes in resurrecting the phone?