FORUMS

Camera app has been updated!

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By bloodfire1004, Member on 16th November 2015, 02:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Camera app has just been updated on my Z5 .. unfortunately, I forgot to take a screenshot of the changelog (but mostly it seemed to be about the UI and Superior Auto seems to be improved). EDIT: see @schecter7's post directly below mine for the changelog!

Looking at it, the UI was changed the same as how it was supposed to look like based on the promo videos and demo units from before. Sadly, there is no manual shutter speed yet as far as I can see, manual focus, and still cannot change ISO when shooting at 20MP/23MP mode.

We all know thought that Sony tends to have 'hidden' changes to their algorithm whenever they have these kinds of updates as evidenced from updates before. I'm still waiting for the complete changelog from XperiaBlog but so haven't time yet to do any extensive testing.

Did you notice any significant changes in yours apart from the UI changes?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloodfire1004 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bloodfire1004 Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 03:42 AM |#2  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Changelog attached

Edit: Now we could swipe to change modes, added another (third) screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-15-21-39-22.jpg
Views:	3056
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	3543887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-15-21-39-27.jpg
Views:	3074
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	3543888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-15-21-46-08.jpg
Views:	3020
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	3543899  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schecter7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schecter7 Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 03:43 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7

Changelog attached

is it just aesthetic changes or quality/improvement in terms of image processing?
16th November 2015, 03:50 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schecter7

Changelog attached

Huge help! Thanks!
16th November 2015, 03:51 AM |#5  
Hồ Chí Minh City
Thanks Meter: 2,198

More
CAn someone upload the APK file. Many thanks

OK I found !
Attached Files
File Type: apk Z5_Camera_2.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (8.76 MB, 12870 views)
File Type: apk NON-OSB_home-release_10.0.A.0.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.95 MB, 680 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjwrongjj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jjwrongjj Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 04:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwrongjj

CAn someone upload the APK file. Many thanks

OK I found !

Limitet manual , no iso at 20-23 mp
Low light photo blure decreased
Left blure rest with no change
16th November 2015, 05:34 AM |#7  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
I installed the update and I've noticed that the problem with noise in low-light... in fact ingeneral is a bit better. It's still not as good as the galaxy line as far as crispness / saturation, but I don't think that's Sony's goal. For real, if I could install the Samsung camera app and libraries on this phone, I'd be all over that. Anyway it does seem to have improved, noticeably.
16th November 2015, 08:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Where can I change the GPS tag and save folder location in this new app? Can't find it. Thanks.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
16th November 2015, 08:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2,890

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklow01

Where can I change the GPS tag and save folder location in this new app? Can't find it. Thanks.

Sent from my Xperia z5 using Tapatalk
16th November 2015, 08:41 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Trying not to speak too soon as I've not done anything near a comprehensive test but there do seem to be improvements in processing, though not as marked as I had expected. The one biggie is the zoom: to my eyes, the processing on the zoom is much better now; the sharpening fringing on edges is much smaller, which means that it's less of an oil painting mess when you crop the zoomed image. And that's in low indoor light.

8MP generally seems sharper.

More to follow.

On the interface, I note that they've hidden the exposure and colour adjustments on SA in a menu (boo!) but given a button to switch them off when you want to return to auto (yay!) swings and roundabouts but generally pleased.

EDIT: Yep, definitely better digital zoom. Good enough to piece together small text (Just about legibly) at 5x. Trust me: it was not doing that before!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Timaustin2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timaustin2000 Ad-Free
16th November 2015, 08:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Sent from my Xperia z5 using Tapatalk

Interesting. Mine is like this... I have even cleared the camera data.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, update, xperia z5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)