FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia Z5 -> Three UK VOLTE

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By olisun39, Senior Member on 16th November 2015, 11:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Now that Three UK has officially declared support for 800Mhz VOLTE on the Xperia Z5 I was wondering if anybody tried connecting to 800Mhz frequency.

I have got a EE sourced Z5 and I wonder whether it will connect to 800Mhz if I fash it with Three software.
16th November 2015, 03:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
If you flash it, possibly. There's no harm in flashing to find out and flashing back if you aren't satisfied.
16th November 2015, 08:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovanyio

If you flash it, possibly. There's no harm in flashing to find out and flashing back if you aren't satisfied.

no change..

It keeps connecting to H+ and occasionallt 0 to 1 bar of 4G.
16th November 2015, 08:54 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olisun39

no change..

It keeps connecting to H+ and occasionallt 0 to 1 bar of 4G.

Sounds like you're just in a bad coverage area, but there might be a certificate required for VoLTE on 3 that isn't on the EE firmware, not sure how its implemented outside of the US
16th November 2015, 10:40 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovanyio

Sounds like you're just in a bad coverage area, but there might be a certificate required for VoLTE on 3 that isn't on the EE firmware, not sure how its implemented outside of the US

I installed the Three firmware but I haven't done a factory reset as yet.
16th November 2015, 10:41 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

I installed the Three firmware but I haven't done a factory reset as yet.

I don't know why you would need a factory data reset. But if you want to go ahead
17th November 2015, 12:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Your phone should connect to the best band provided by your network by default, I don't think it's going to matter what European firmware you use. If you are on Three I would flash the Three firmware anyway so you can use VOLTE when it comes out.
17th November 2015, 10:43 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_inc

Your phone should connect to the best band provided by your network by default, I don't think it's going to matter what European firmware you use. If you are on Three I would flash the Three firmware anyway so you can use VOLTE when it comes out.

Looks like the update is arriving in mid December even though the website says otherwise.
18th November 2015, 10:42 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Looks like the update is arriving in mid December even though the website says otherwise.

I did a reset of my phone last night and today I noticed I can connect to the 800Mhz and actually use it.

I don't have VOLTE but it works as a data network

5th December 2015, 04:17 PM |#10  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 19

More
You got a link of the three firmware?
5th December 2015, 07:13 PM |#11  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Im after flashing this 3 firmware i have flashed a z3 before but that was a tff file and real easy to do. I have downloaded the flashtool and firmware but struggling with this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)