88 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By DeniCevap, Member on 14th October 2015, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2015, 03:50 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.

Same kind of problème here. I have my Z5 for 4 days and the battery has some problems:

- yesterday it charges to 99%, today 98%...
- stamina mode doesn't work at all
- when I use my phone for basic use (twitter/facebook/SMS) the battery drains l'île 1% of battery every 3 minutes). I don't know if it's normal or not... Any advices ?

I am thinking of returning it to Sony and get refund (possible in France for 7 days)

8th November 2015, 09:15 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
I'm getting about 3 hours screen on time I can't say stamina mode has made any difference, that's about an hour less than my nexus 6 used to get, on a medium use day I'm not going to get through the day without a charge... Hopefully will get better with marshmallow

Sent from my Sony Z5 ooossshhhh
9th November 2015, 02:49 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I would recommend getting used to using Sony's power saving options. Set it up so that they kick in as the battery drains etc 1st level of saving at 65% second level of saving at 45% and 3rd level of battery saving at 25% or something. You'll notice it help alot better. also I made this quick video about the sony z5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lloEIZU8G3Q
10th November 2015, 06:03 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
I really don't have these draining..

Which downloaded apps you use?

Updated to latest firmware?

I had many Sony phones.. Never heard about this.

Then I would change the phone for a new Z5 of money back..

Sent from my E6653 @ XDA Portal
10th November 2015, 07:15 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 598

Donate to Me
More
I got nearly 3 days battery out of my device recently, very light usage (about an hour-hour and a half each day). Got about 3 and a half to 4 hours screen on time (I didn't check the stats). Stamina mode is being VERY aggressive with disabling mobile data when screen is off.
16th December 2015, 04:44 PM |#26  
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I believe it is software problem! The android lollipop has a battery drain bug!
17th December 2015, 08:16 AM |#27  

More
I don't think it's normal for 1 hour of listening music my battery drains allot. I've bought my Sony a week ago and i'm very disappointed 😞 with the battery 🔋 i expected more from it... I tried every possible to keep my battery levels normals even my stamina is allways on, and still nothing. Please guys can anybody help me somehow...
17th December 2015, 11:39 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2,895

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DlGroove

I don't think it's normal for 1 hour of listening music my battery drains allot. I've bought my Sony a week ago and i'm very disappointed 😞 with the battery 🔋 i expected more from it... I tried every possible to keep my battery levels normals even my stamina is allways on, and still nothing. Please guys can anybody help me somehow...

Post up screen shots of your battery charts

Sent from my Xperia z5 using Tapatalk
17th December 2015, 07:12 PM |#29  

More
At the moment I have simular issues. My batterij can barely make 12 hours. SOT is just over 2 hours and in the energy stats it is showing WiFi is always on (when in fact everything is turned off, at least in the settings). I don't use Facebook and I have turned off googles location logging thing.
I am very unhappy with the performance of the phone because I was used to the Z2 long stamina.

I have the feeling there is something wrong somewhere but I can't seem to find what.
17th December 2015, 09:18 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2,895

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iddefridde

At the moment I have simular issues. My batterij can barely make 12 hours. SOT is just over 2 hours and in the energy stats it is showing WiFi is always on (when in fact everything is turned off, at least in the settings). I don't use Facebook and I have turned off googles location logging thing.
I am very unhappy with the performance of the phone because I was used to the Z2 long stamina.

I have the feeling there is something wrong somewhere but I can't seem to find what.

Have you turned off wifi scanning?

Sent from my Xperia z5 using Tapatalk
18th December 2015, 11:05 AM |#31  

More
It seems that I have managed to really turn of the Wi-Fi now.
Possibly I have did something wrong but after some resets and closing of all the Wi-Fi options again now the Wi-Fi is off also in the battery stats.
This also seems to help with the battery since now the battery drop is less. After charging it fully and leaving it standby all night (8 hours) it has dropped 3%, with data on and wats app but with 0 screen on time . This is more what I was expecting and today it seems to be a bit better. However the battery does skip some % (drop from 97 - 94) every now and then but this will probably be better in time. (I have already did a full cycle of fully charging fully discharging and charging when the phone was off with low power charger).

So for me a conclusion so far is:
If Wi-Fi is on in your battery stats it is on and it can be turned off.
Google Location tracker that tracks your every move all day is a very dumb default setting and turning it off helps.
With this I think battery life is acceptable.
I will update after some days to share my experience.

Edit: what still surprises me is that Google services is still the biggest battery drain (sorry i can post pics links because I am junior member i can post links). This even when I have used internet radio for 1 hour and Flitsmeister (an app that tracks my GPS and warns me for speed traps on the highway), my screen was off during this hour.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)