FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Search This thread

Godlydevils

Jan 19, 2015
Hi, I am trying to install twrp twrp-3.1.1-0-odin.img so I can get RR rom on my C6502
first of all, I'm well aware of steps, and I personally have this rom installed in my xperia m, so it won't be hard for me to understand and it's quite easy as 123 over there

the problem I'm facing is, this xperia ZL c6502 l35h device seems to have something in different I'm not able to flash twrp here

I used repair feature in sony pc companion, done successfully, start device, wait for first boot time, configure, enable unknown source, enable usb debugging, connect cable to pc and allow RSA pc's code

power off and connect with voldown, used flash tool to unlock bootloader (yes the blootloader status unlock is yes in *#*#7378042#*#* code confi thing)

bootloader unlocked successfully, device tried to be in bootloop for three times, then it started, like first boot took somewhere 15 min to start up, and everything is fine, except I cannot increase brightness anymore but nvm

I again enable unknown source, and usb debugging, and allow my pc's RSA key > always allow

poweroff, connect in fastboot, flash kernel > select the just downloaded twrp from official source 3.1.1.0 I think

I flash receive an error says remote: command not allowed

22/002/2017 07:02:33 - INFO - Device connected in fastboot mode
22/002/2017 07:02:39 - INFO - Selected kernel (boot.img or kernel.sin): D:\IDM\General\twrp-3.1.0-0-odin.img
22/002/2017 07:02:39 - INFO - Flashing selected kernel
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - sending 'boot' (11406 KB)...
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - OKAY [ 0.361s]
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - writing 'boot'...
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - finished. total time: 0.363s
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - FASTBOOT Output:
sending 'boot' (11406 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.361s]
writing 'boot'...
finished. total time: 0.363s

tried to used minimal adb and fast boot
here's the log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'recovery' (11474 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.364s]
writing 'recovery'...
finished. total time: 0.368s

So, I have my bootloader unlocked, I can confirm that because after booting up post unlock, there's change in system, I cannot increase brightness, and in that code *#*#7378... I see more Bands available before unlock

and device booted after like 3 bootloops automatically, what am I doing wrong, and what should I do? how are people able to get this rom in their device?

btw, I'm dealing with firmware 10.7.A.0.222 India version, all latest as per pc companion repair feature and today it will be offc latest one

and the version of my flashtool is 0.9.18.6

in minimal adb and fastboot, I tried this
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
result is 0.5

fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x[my key in caps]
first time it fails and second time it does, and output is successfull

then I proceed to flash twrp

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
I receive failed command not allowed

then I try
fastboot flash boot boot.img
successful, but phone bricked

I reflash 10.7.A.0.222 and device working again, but how do I flash twrp?
what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016
Hi, I am trying to install twrp twrp-3.1.1-0-odin.img so I can get RR rom on my C6502
first of all, I'm well aware of steps, and I personally have this rom installed in my xperia m, so it won't be hard for me to understand and it's quite easy as 123 over there

the problem I'm facing is, this xperia ZL c6502 l35h device seems to have something in different I'm not able to flash twrp here

I used repair feature in sony pc companion, done successfully, start device, wait for first boot time, configure, enable unknown source, enable usb debugging, connect cable to pc and allow RSA pc's code

power off and connect with voldown, used flash tool to unlock bootloader (yes the blootloader status unlock is yes in *#*#7378042#*#* code confi thing)

bootloader unlocked successfully, device tried to be in bootloop for three times, then it started, like first boot took somewhere 15 min to start up, and everything is fine, except I cannot increase brightness anymore but nvm

I again enable unknown source, and usb debugging, and allow my pc's RSA key > always allow

poweroff, connect in fastboot, flash kernel > select the just downloaded twrp from official source 3.1.1.0 I think

I flash receive an error says remote: command not allowed

22/002/2017 07:02:33 - INFO - Device connected in fastboot mode
22/002/2017 07:02:39 - INFO - Selected kernel (boot.img or kernel.sin): D:\IDM\General\twrp-3.1.0-0-odin.img
22/002/2017 07:02:39 - INFO - Flashing selected kernel
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - sending 'boot' (11406 KB)...
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - OKAY [ 0.361s]
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - writing 'boot'...
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - finished. total time: 0.363s
22/002/2017 07:02:40 - INFO - FASTBOOT Output:
sending 'boot' (11406 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.361s]
writing 'boot'...
finished. total time: 0.363s

tried to used minimal adb and fast boot
here's the log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (11474 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.364s]
writing 'recovery'...
finished. total time: 0.368s

So, I have my bootloader unlocked, I can confirm that because after booting up post unlock, there's change in system, I cannot increase brightness, and in that code *#*#7378... I see more Bands available before unlock

and device booted after like 3 bootloops automatically, what am I doing wrong, and what should I do? how are people able to get this rom in their device?

btw, I'm dealing with firmware 10.7.A.0.222 India version, all latest as per pc companion repair feature and today it will be offc latest one

and the version of my flashtool is 0.9.18.6

in minimal adb and fastboot, I tried this
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
result is 0.5

fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x[my key in caps]
first time it fails and second time it does, and output is successfull

then I proceed to flash twrp

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
I receive failed command not allowed

then I try
successful, but phone bricked

I reflash 10.7.A.0.222 and device working again, but how do I flash twrp?
what am I doing wrong?
Just to confirm that you did change your downloaded recovery name to boot.img and placed it inside c drive adb folder, right?

Godlydevils

Jan 19, 2015
Just to confirm that you did change your downloaded recovery name to boot.img and placed it inside c drive adb folder, right?

yes, I renamed to boot.img after googling and learning,

and as I had minimal adb and fastboot installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot

I placed in that directory

is that correct?

Godlydevils

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah that's correct.

Hi, I just managed to get it done, but another problem arise

I flash anew 10.7.A.0.222

after that, I ticked unknown source, and enable debugging, and as people mentioned that it means bootloader is not unlocked

I fired this command five times

fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xDB29CBBEFBAB4A64

and after that I fired

output was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (11474 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.364s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.548s]
finished. total time: 0.915s

means it worked, but when I hold power button, it vibrates, if I press and hold again, it would vibrate, and never start up

if I connect it for charging red LED would blink

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016
Hi, I just managed to get it done, but another problem arise

I flash anew 10.7.A.0.222

after that, I ticked unknown source, and enable debugging, and as people mentioned that it means bootloader is not unlocked

I fired this command five times

fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xDB29CBBEFBAB4A64

and after that I fired

output was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (11474 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.364s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.548s]
finished. total time: 0.915s

means it worked, but when I hold power button, it vibrates, if I press and hold again, it would vibrate, and never start up

if I connect it for charging red LED would blink
Well, it's strange.

Last edited:

Godlydevils

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe try pressing vol + button just like Xperia m after mobile vibrates

Here's something more I learned

If you unlock boot loader, and restart, > tick unknown + usb debugging, and boot to bootloader, it won't let you flash boot.img

but if you immediately unlock bootloader, and without restart, you flash boot.img, it will go success

but after that, your device won't start

it's not starting, it vibrates, but no display, no matter how many times you press and hold power button to start it, it will vibrate, and won't start

I tried each and every combination of vol +/- and power button, but it's not starting that way

EDIT:

but I can still press and hold vol up and connect cable to get in fastboot mode, after which if I try flashing twrp, i again get command not allowed, except if I try fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xDB29CBBEFBAB4A64 and then fastboot flash boot boot.img

after which I will get success flashing that recovery, but device won't start

Last edited:

Nicklas Van Dam

Dec 14, 2013
Tangerang
github.com
Here's something more I learned

If you unlock boot loader, and restart, > tick unknown + usb debugging, and boot to bootloader, it won't let you flash boot.img

but if you immediately unlock bootloader, and without restart, you flash boot.img, it will go success

but after that, your device won't start

it's not starting, it vibrates, but no display, no matter how many times you press and hold power button to start it, it will vibrate, and won't start

I tried each and every combination of vol +/- and power button, but it's not starting that way

EDIT:

but I can still press and hold vol up and connect cable to get in fastboot mode, after which if I try flashing twrp, i again get command not allowed, except if I try fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xDB29CBBEFBAB4A64 and then fastboot flash boot boot.img

after which I will get success flashing that recovery, but device won't start

For me, i think if you're recently to unlock your bootloader. Have you try to confirmed that your bootloader really unlocked from stock firmware? (*#*#7378423#*#*) and see about bootloader info?
If bootloader already unlocked, then you're safe to flash, And have you read any requirement to flash recovery for your device? i think it's like only work for custom rom or only work for specified version of firmware?

If device won't start, then it should from kernel problem. Try to check your custom recovery compatibility before flashing, and tell us what happen next ;)

Godlydevils

Jan 19, 2015
For me, i think if you're recently to unlock your bootloader. Have you try to confirmed that your bootloader really unlocked from stock firmware? (*#*#7378423#*#*) and see about bootloader info?
If bootloader already unlocked, then you're safe to flash, And have you read any requirement to flash recovery for your device? i think it's like only work for custom rom or only work for specified version of firmware?

If device won't start, then it should from kernel problem. Try to check your custom recovery compatibility before flashing, and tell us what happen next ;)

okay,
so few points worth mentioning
1) my bootloader is unlockable, and is unlocked, I mean in 7378423 it's written yes in root status bl unlock
2) I have received code from sony, and I can unlock it
3) the only recovery that works is https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2288118 that too only after using kingroot, which gives me old philz and 2.8.7.0 twrp which are not helpful, also I tried to flash RR 7.1.2 based, phone basically gets bricked
4) I can only flash twrp or any recovery if I unlock bootloader, and without restarting I flash boot.img, if I do so, phone gets bricked

Here's the ss of BL status

Screenshot_2017-08-22-17-36-49.png

There's nothing written about requirements of twrp to flash, or rom, they just don't have, but as I have latest firmware, it should work, even nothing is written in linageos thread

Last edited:

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016
okay,
so few points worth mentioning
1) my bootloader is unlockable, and is unlocked, I mean in 7378423 it's written yes in root status bl unlock
2) I have received code from sony, and I can unlock it
3) the only recovery that works is https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2288118 that too only after using kingroot, which gives me old philz and 2.8.7.0 twrp which are not helpful, also I tried to flash RR 7.1.2 based, phone basically gets bricked
4) I can only flash twrp or any recovery if I unlock bootloader, and without restarting I flash boot.img, if I do so, phone gets bricked

Here's the ss of BL status

There's nothing written about requirements of twrp to flash, or rom, they just don't have, but as I have latest firmware, it should work, even nothing is written in linageos thread
Man Your bootloader is locked. It can be clearly seen from screen shot

modou99

Apr 24, 2018
Hello
my name is modou sow.in fact i have a problem with my huawei p9 lite.je wanted to put on my my phone and i did a wrong handling and because it could not walk any more.auauf mode wipe / data which ended in failure. Then I tried to install the recovery, boot, system ... but at any time I have the results:
*FAILED (remote: Command not allowed);
please help me;
I apologize for the bad English because I am Senegalese.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I"m having the exact same problems as you. I'm attempting to downgrade to Kitkat - that goes fine, but the *#*#7378423#*#* isn't displaying the service menu! Very frustrating - can you tell me where you get your firmwares from? Thx.

Yes, there's a problem with this device,
    As usual I use

flashtool version 0.9.18.6

then I flash

Xperia ZL_10.5.1.A.0.283_C6502.ftf (Kitkat)

to downgrade

C6502_10.7.A.0.222_1270-7911_R1E.ftf (JB)

All Indian versions, You can download the most recent version for your device from flashtool itself, by going to xperiafirmware(Resumable if you get DC, but don't restart PC) located below right side of Help, left side of donate PayPal button same row, it will also ask you if it should compile and all, yes agree to everything it says , Tara, you have most recent version of working firmware for you Mobile,

However in order to downgrade to KitKat, you will have to download that .ftf of KitKat I mentioned of 977 MB.

Also take note, after u flash 10 5 1 a 0 283, and do bootloader unlock using same process of obtaining from sony entering ur imei and all, after it's done, Never flash TA file, NEVER FLASH ANY .ta when you are flashing any ftf to downgrade or upgrade.

I will upload it to mediafire if you need my Indian version, however I do suggest you get your own region based firmware