FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NIGHTLIES][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia ZL

562 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
By Daedroza, Recognized Developer on 19th December 2017, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 *
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */


About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat),
which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org

Downloads Links
LineageOS 15.x (Unlocked Bootloader) :
Nightlies : https://download.lineageos.org/odin

Google Applications (optional) :
OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (Use packages for ARM, Android 8.1, Nano or Pico)
Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
LineageOS clean install :
- (Optional) Flash the boot.img kernel from the ROM zip with Fastboot or Flashtool
- (Optional) Wipe the data & cache (Backup to make sure not to loose data)
- Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
- (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
- Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
- (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
- (CM / UNOFFICIAL) Nothing to wipe when switching
- (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
- (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
- Reboot

LineageOS addonsu for root access :
- (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread
- (Download) Download the addonsu for arm : LineageOS Downloads / Extras
- (Optional) Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
- (Information) Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
- Reboot
Issues and reports
- Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
- If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
- Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
- Share a log of the error with CatLog for example
About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/
The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved
in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Also thanks to :
- The LineageOS Team
- The CyanogenMod Team
- Everyone involved in working and testing
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][NIGHTLIES][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 for Xperia ZL, ROM for the Sony Xperia ZL

Contributors
Daedroza, Chippa_a, CyberWalkMaN, AdrianDC
Source Code: https://github.com/fusion3-common

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Status: Stable

Created 2017-12-19
Last Updated 2018-12-22
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Daedroza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
19th December 2017, 03:12 PM |#2  
Daedroza's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved
FEATURES AND ISSUES
Code:
- Boot : Ok
- GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
- FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
- WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
- Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
- WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
- GPS : Ok
- Camera : Ok
- Camcorder : Work in Progress
- MicroSD : Ok
- Accelerometer : Ok
- Compass : Ok
- Gyroscope : Ok
- AOSP sensors : Ok
- FM Radio : Ok
- Vibrator : Ok
- Microphone : Ok
- Audio & external audio : Ok
- Bluetooth audio : Ok
- NFC : Ok
- Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
- Graphics : Ok
- 3D Rendering : Ok
- Clock : Ok
- Offline Charging : Work in progress
- SEPolicies : Work in progress
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Daedroza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2017, 11:20 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Awesome thanks a lot for the newest version. I tried it for about an hour.

I flashed supersu 2.82 instead of rootsu.

Everything seemed smooth. Had to go back to v14 because the recovery of my apps with titanium didn't work.

Also copying files from internal storage to external didn't work.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia ZL mit Tapatalk
22nd December 2017, 12:40 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Tap2wake and root not work
Everything is smooth,thanks for your hard work!!

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I flashed Magisk 14.0 and now my device is rooted!!
But Tap2wake still not work
26th December 2017, 05:44 PM |#5  
Daedroza's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Tap2wake and root not work
Everything is smooth,thanks for your hard work!!

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I flashed Magisk 14.0 and now my device is rooted!!
But Tap2wake still not work

No idea, I need a log (dmesg / logcat) when you perform tap to wake.

Also,
Updated build.
Newer sources, fixes most of the application crashes (specifically Files android app).
Nothing special at the moment to test (other than rotation sensors and GPS). Please give it a try.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daedroza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2017, 09:20 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza

No idea, I need a log (dmesg / logcat) when you perform tap to wake.

Also,
Updated build.
Newer sources, fixes most of the application crashes (specifically Files android app).
Nothing special at the moment to test (other than rotation sensors and GPS). Please give it a try.

Tap2wake works fine in the latest build
SIM card can be recognized now!
Thanks a lot!!
27th December 2017, 09:16 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Works perfectly with today's build. Root worked for me only with magisk. No problem until now. Testing it since 2 hours.
Thanks!!!

Gesendet von meinem Xperia ZL mit Tapatalk
28th December 2017, 02:27 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza

FEATURES AND ISSUES

Code:
- Boot : Ok
- GApps : OpenGApps Micro Ok
- FOTA Recovery : Ok (see below)
- WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
- Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address)
- WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
- GPS : Ok
- Camera : Ok
- Camcorder : Work in Progress
- MicroSD : Ok
- Accelerometer : Ok
- Compass : Ok
- Gyroscope : Ok
- AOSP sensors : Ok
- FM Radio : Ok
- Vibrator : Ok
- Microphone : Ok
- Audio & external audio : Ok
- Bluetooth audio : Ok
- NFC : Ok
- Kernel : Ok, Updating frequently
- Graphics : Ok
- 3D Rendering : Ok
- Clock : Ok
- Offline Charging : Work in progress
- SEPolicies : Work in progress

Thank's for updating our ZL. It's amazing...
But connecting to hidden WiFi SSID is not possible. If I show my SSID everything is fine. Responding Google many Oreo user on Nexus Devices had the same Problem. May can you fix it?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia ZL mit Tapatalk
30th December 2017, 02:13 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 1,148
 
More
@Daedroza thanks a lot man.
Really means a lot when their is still development for this device
31st December 2017, 03:36 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 1,148
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedroza

No idea, I need a log (dmesg / logcat) when you perform tap to wake.

Also,
Updated build.
Newer sources, fixes most of the application crashes (specifically Files android app).
Nothing special at the moment to test (other than rotation sensors and GPS). Please give it a try.

Are you still developing?
If we get 8.1 working I could get some roms for the device
31st December 2017, 03:41 AM |#11  
Daedroza's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj26

Are you still developing?
If we get 8.1 working I could get some roms for the device

Yes, we are.
8.1 should be working if you try building with fusion3-common sources.
At the moment, all Lineage sources for 8.1 are on staging / development branch, hence I haven't touched them.
I will use 8.1 sources once they are easier to work upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by web.a

Thank's for updating our ZL. It's amazing...
But connecting to hidden WiFi SSID is not possible. If I show my SSID everything is fine. Responding Google many Oreo user on Nexus Devices had the same Problem. May can you fix it?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia ZL mit Tapatalk

Sorry, no development on this. There is a similar issue that occurred on 14.1 by one user and has reported the BUG.
But I don't have any viable solution to this, maybe in future 8.x releases, Google would fix it.

Thanks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daedroza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes