By xenius9, Senior Member on 18th November 2014, 01:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2014, 10:30 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag NiNo
Thanks Meter: 819

Donate to Me
More
RootExplorer can get su permissions, remount system to rw and change files in /system partition
I don't test other apps

20th November 2014, 10:35 AM |#22  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 217

More
I need to flash the updated kernel :P I didnt notice. will try viper and let you know
20th November 2014, 10:46 AM |#23  
Flag kurukshetra
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenius9

Big thanks to thomas1991_12 and pabx. This Rom based on their work.
Kernel w twrp recovery(20.11.2014) - https://yadi.sk/d/wFNnTe2rcpRnW
SystemImage (from sony Z 18.11.2014) - https://yadi.sk/d/370nlF7ecpRnp
Gapps - https://yadi.sk/d/CegSDOs7cmqYu
Fix (Xperia ZR specified files (zr camera libs, sensors.conf etc, you need install it via twrp recovery before boot system)) - https://yadi.sk/d/508fG-A4cpRnE
Installing:
flash via fastboot or flashtool (in fastboot mode) boot and system images
Fastboot:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img

flash fix via recovery
fix supersu, gapps ...etc
Worked SuperSu - http://download.chainfire.eu/624/Sup...erSU-v2.23.zip

Whats worked: see original theme - http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ria-z-t2929369
On 18.112014 on xperia zr calls,wifi works .
More screenshots - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=35853307

plzzz check d senser during thw call ...secren going off...until we end the call..it cnt turn on
20th November 2014, 03:45 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I don't have this problem; calls work perfectly, so does proximity sensor. Find the sensors.conf in another ROM's flashable zip (it's in one of the sub folders in the etc folder, look for it) and replace the one on your device with it (it'll be in the same place as in the zip). You'll need root for this, so flash the new kernel and then the SuperSU zip. Use a root explorer to replace the file, and it should work. Alternatively, you could try flashing the lollipop fix zip again.
The Following User Says Thank You to SirVer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SirVer Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 04:07 PM |#25  
Flag Kodinar, Girsomnath, Gujarat, India
Thanks Meter: 34

More
this rom is working with locked boot loader ???
20th November 2014, 04:50 PM |#26  

More
It's so smooooth. Liek budda.
Not even a lag on the very first released build - I don't even have the words to convey how awed I am. New kernel caused some problems though:
On flashing the new kernel and then SuperSU 2.23, my phone date got messed up, and WhatsApp threw up an error. Corrected it, got stuck on the Date and Time menu, nav bar not responding, nor anything else. Display off, then back on. The nav bar's disappeared, but I can now change the settings and everything, but no way to go back to Settings or home screen. Reboot, same WhatsApp error, corrected it,tried opening WhatsApp. None of the chats loaded, and screen got stuck that way. Then I think the SystemUI crashed, because the boot animation played again (not for long though), and after that, all is well. Might happen when again when I reboot; will update if that is the case. Sorry for the wall-of-text, just trying to be as detailed as possible.
I've got some root apps working (what I've tried so far):

ES File Explorer
BetterBatteryStats
TitaniumBackup (YES! )

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaja_dinesh2006

this rom is working with locked boot loader ???

You need to flash a kernel, so no. Root, take a TA backup with BackupTA, unlock BL, and proceed to enjoy your delicious Lollipop.
20th November 2014, 06:09 PM |#27  
Flag kurukshetra
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVer

I don't have this problem; calls work perfectly, so does proximity sensor. Find the sensors.conf in another ROM's flashable zip (it's in one of the sub folders in the etc folder, look for it) and replace the one on your device with it (it'll be in the same place as in the zip). You'll need root for this, so flash the new kernel and then the SuperSU zip. Use a root explorer to replace the file, and it should work. Alternatively, you could try flashing the lollipop fix zip again.

its not work..is any permission is gave to sensor.conf from its property????
20th November 2014, 06:17 PM |#28  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 217

More
[QUOTE=SirVer;56911372]It's so smooooth. Liek budda.
Not even a lag on the very first released build - I don't even have the words to convey how awed I am. New kernel caused some problems though:
On flashing the new kernel and then SuperSU 2.23, my phone date got messed up, and WhatsApp threw up an error. Corrected it, got stuck on the Date and Time menu, nav bar not responding, nor anything else. Display off, then back on. The nav bar's disappeared, but I can now change the settings and everything, but no way to go back to Settings or home screen. Reboot, same WhatsApp error, corrected it,tried opening WhatsApp. None of the chats loaded, and screen got stuck that way. Then I think the SystemUI crashed, because the boot animation played again (not for long though), and after that, all is well. Might happen when again when I reboot; will update if that is the case. Sorry for the wall-of-text, just trying to be as detailed as possible.
I've got some root apps working (what I've tried so far):

ES File Explorer
BetterBatteryStats
TitaniumBackup (YES! )[COLOR="Silver"]

Did you try flashing again? Cause it's working perfectly for me. I'm using ROM Toolbox instead of Titanium. But i didn't have any date issues, etc.
20th November 2014, 06:19 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash296

Did you try flashing again? Cause it's working perfectly for me. I'm using ROM Toolbox instead of Titanium. But i didn't have any date issues, etc.

No, I haven't, since it seems to be working fine now. I'll see if there are any problems on reboot and report back.
21st November 2014, 02:55 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Tested the ROM for about three hours last night.
Most of the things (like telephony, wifi, camera, sound, etc) are working perfectly. There are no apparent bugs in the system (apart from the AOSP keyboard lacking gesture typing).
Everything seems very stable (more so than quite a few nightlies).
There is, however a bug, and it's much more than just a mild inconvience.

The kernel seems to have a bug, because of which the CPU never goes into deep sleep.
So battery life will be terrible, and (possibly) overuse could cause damage to the CPU.

This ia the only bug that prevents this wonderful ROM from being a daily driver.

PLEASE find a fix, then we can all use lollipop without any concern!

All in all, this is a very wonderful ROM, with a hell of an Achilles' heel..

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

PS. I forgot to mention: Root works perfectly, and i was using the latest (20.11.14) kernel with this. No data loss has happened, the installation was more hassle-free than a few nightlies.
Also the download link that you provided (for system image) was not Woking, so i downloaded the one from the xperia Z lollipop post. (Although, I'm dead cetrain that this shouldn't make any difference whatsoever)

Keep up the good work, bro!
21st November 2014, 03:08 AM |#31  

More
BetterBatteryStats tells me that my phone goes into deep sleep no problem. Do you know which wakelock exactly is preventing it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)