However, it's not without the requirement for further optimization.
I've tested it aggressively and I can say
1. Expect some random freezes and lag after the first few of restarts.
2. I used titanium backup to quickly freeze some of the "customized" bloatware: Viper, Max Lock, L Speed, Xtreme Music. A lot of good work went into this ROM, but I have a hunch that these 'extra' apps are the culprits for some of the problems people haev mentioned about this. There are a couple of xposed modules leftover that I couldn't yet uninstall but I just left them deactivated so it doesn't matter.
3. Disable or Password protect the lockscreen right away or; after ~3 mins of inactivity, you will be back at a lockscreen that doesn't unlock and you have to shutdown to get back in the phone.
4. This boots up mins faster than the stock 5.1.1 I had prior, and after reducing the animation scales to .5% the UX is very snappy, much snappier than stock.
5. the magnifying glass on the homescreen can be changed in home screen settings back to classic style by holding your finger on a blank area of the homescreen, then click the gear.
6. after restoring apps+data via Titanium Backup I got some freezes and hangs and I also lost dual recovery so I just re-added dual recovery and wiped the Dalvik cache and the regular cache and now it works great
7. Also the native file explorer is corrupted so you have to freeze an app called documents and then choose a file explorer like solid. Otherwise, you won't be able to select a file to upload to an app or website.
Great Rom, hopefully a long term keeper