FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ASK ANYTHING >>{{Noob friendly}}

7,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,614

By v7, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Contributor on 24th February 2015, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th November 2015, 07:07 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi there!
Is there any way to root stock 5.1.1 without downgrading the firmware, please help me with the method of any.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Free mobile app

9th November 2015, 08:18 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling-shot

If you speak in this tone, it is unlikely you will ever get any help.

Now back to the topic, I have succeeded in getting the firmware manually. I followed this method :
1. Launch XperiFirm.
2. Go through the selection process for ZR and the latest Lollipop version.
3. In the popped up dialog window, select Manual and wait for links to be copied to clipboard.
4. Launch a download manager and get all the files.

I am getting the last file right now. I have done some more research and am now fairly confident of arriving at a solution soon.

Will update as things progress.

Thanks for your concern,
By the way i found the easy way to root,
the old method of KingRoot is working now,
U can root using KingRoot Tool from here and then use replace kingroot with supersu by this method
Thanks for the developers @ KingRoot
9th November 2015, 03:29 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's kinda weird to ask but anybody here know how to port Google Now homescreen widget from Google Now launcher to stock launcher. I love the way that the widget allows me to search for everything without get into google app.
10th November 2015, 06:53 PM |#104  
Flag Wanderlust
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravinth_sm

Thanks for your concern,
By the way i found the easy way to root,
the old method of KingRoot is working now,
U can root using KingRoot Tool from here and then use replace kingroot with supersu by this method
Thanks for the developers @ KingRoot

Can Kingroot root the latest 5.1.1? I thought it did not work on Sony's Lollipop.
11th November 2015, 03:14 AM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling-shot

Can Kingroot root the latest 5.1.1? I thought it did not work on Sony's Lollipop.

Yes, now it's working for android 5.1.1 , I have rooted using Kingroot then removed it and using supersu now
The Following User Says Thank You to Aravinth_sm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aravinth_sm Ad-Free
11th November 2015, 03:52 AM |#106  
Flag Wanderlust

More
Quote:

Yes, now it's working for android 5.1.1 , I have rooted using Kingroot then removed it and using supersu now

So all of my preparation, headache etc. was for nothing after all
12th November 2015, 06:58 PM |#107  
Flag Hathras
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:

Can u share the link of kingroot file which u used to root? And please explain the method to remove Kingroot and use Supersu?

Sent from my D6502 using XDA Free mobile app
13th November 2015, 04:42 AM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitzz

Can u share the link of kingroot file which u used to root? And please explain the method to remove Kingroot and use Supersu?

Sent from my D6502 using XDA Free mobile app

See post no 102
i have included the links,
its explained step by step in that link
first download and install kingroot and then open the app(data connection required) it will automatically root the device,
then follow the steps mentioned in the second link,
for your convince i am sharing the "replace kingroot by supersu" link here
http://zidroid.com/how-to-get-ride-a...h-supersu-app/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aravinth_sm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aravinth_sm Ad-Free
15th November 2015, 02:06 PM |#109  
Flag Wanderlust

More
@Aravinth_sm

After all the preparation going through downloading stock firmware, creating a pre-rooted version and flashing the .zip through recovery I ended up with a single line error. On rebooting the upgrade to Lollipop was successful but there was no root

So I had to follow your advice and get root through Kingroot. Then I followed your advice further to replace Kingroot with SuperSU. Thanks for the help, you earn the award "Lifesaver of the highest order" today.

=========================

As a followup question, I am seeing this trouble in integrating updates to Play Store and YouTube into /system using Link2SD. All other system updates can be successfully integrated.

In these 2 cases, Link2SD creates a folder called PhonSky.t and YouTube.t in /system/priv-app and /system/app and keeps stuffing .apk files of ALL the installed programs into that folder hence invariably running out of space soon. I find this uncharacteristic and have not found a solution to this yet.

Is there a fully manual method of integrating these updates into /system? In KitKat at least we could just copy the .apk into the correct directory and it would install during next boot.
15th November 2015, 04:06 PM |#110  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Hwy guys how to start a threat can u tell where is the option to create one
17th November 2015, 03:11 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone here got the apk file of "Backup and restore" app in ZR. I'm using a rom cook but it doesn't include this stock app. That's great if you can help me. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)