FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ASK ANYTHING >>{{Noob friendly}}

7,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,614

By v7, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Contributor on 24th February 2015, 06:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 05:22 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile rooting XR lollipop 10.6
Hi guys,
can anyone help me with rooting XR which got updated to lollipop recently?
i found a thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...lipop-t3114666
but there is no confirmation if it will work.

Please asssit me.

Regards
Anupam Jha

22nd May 2015, 05:58 AM |#32  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 41

More
can you install xposed framework and enable modules on official sony lollipop?
I tried alpha4 but still bootloop
28th May 2015, 08:24 AM |#33  
Flag Wanderlust
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjha

Hi guys,
can anyone help me with rooting XR which got updated to lollipop recently?
i found a thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...lipop-t3114666
but there is no confirmation if it will work.

Please asssit me.

Regards
Anupam Jha

Do you have unlocked bootloader? The method mentioned there seems to be for unlocked bootloader devices.

There is another for locked bootloader devices in a different thread. Will try to post from PC later.

--------------------------

This is the latest post but seems unverified. http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...lb-ub-t3120214

This is an older method http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...0-454-t3115196
29th May 2015, 03:46 PM |#34  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 141

More
My back camera glass is scratched and the pictures I take are very blurry, worse than 5mp even in bright light.
Anyone has a solution? My phone is out of warranty and I dont want to pay any money to get it replaced....
29th May 2015, 04:12 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am in India. So is it okay to flash C5502 US version of lollipop.....????
30th May 2015, 09:19 AM |#36  
Flag Belgrade,Serbia
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
I believe there's no solution to your problem, other than buying a new camera. You can only try opening the phone and cleaning the lens itself from the inside or just wiping the outer lens with a cloth.

Software wise, nothing can help you...
The Following User Says Thank You to SDee96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SDee96 Ad-Free
30th May 2015, 11:48 AM |#37  
Flag Wanderlust
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I am in India. So is it okay to flash C5502 US version of lollipop.....????

It could be. There are many reports of people doing that. Try it and if it does not work out you will always be able to come back to the proper country version.
30th May 2015, 06:32 PM |#38  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee96

I believe there's no solution to your problem, other than buying a new camera. You can only try opening the phone and cleaning the lens itself from the inside or just wiping the outer lens with a cloth.

Software wise, nothing can help you...

Problem solved!
First I thought it was a software issue. I noticed the degradation in the image quality after I unlocked my bootloader. So I applied the Drm restore patch. I got the bravia engine and clear audio to work again but camera quality was still very bad .
Then I noticed scratches on the camera glass and realised it wasnt a software issue after all!
I searched the net and found a way to remove scratches by cleaning the glass with a qtip/earbud dipped in alcohol and it worked like magic!! I have much better camera quality now although not as good as it was when I bought my phone but quite happy with it now...
Thanks anyways

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

What does the 20 mp superior auto xposed module do? Does it work with our Sony Xperia ZR!? (5.0.2 stock)
31st May 2015, 06:26 PM |#39  
Flag Belgrade,Serbia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neildalal

Problem solved!
First I thought it was a software issue. I noticed the degradation in the image quality after I unlocked my bootloader. So I applied the Drm restore patch. I got the bravia engine and clear audio to work again but camera quality was still very bad .
Then I noticed scratches on the camera glass and realised it wasnt a software issue after all!
I searched the net and found a way to remove scratches by cleaning the glass with a qtip/earbud dipped in alcohol and it worked like magic!! I have much better camera quality now although not as good as it was when I bought my phone but quite happy with it now...
Thanks anyways

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

What does the 20 mp superior auto xposed module do? Does it work with our Sony Xperia ZR!? (5.0.2 stock)

Hey, don't mention it. Press that thanks button, it helps a lot!

The 20MP superior auto is meant for Z1 and newer phones that have 20MP cameras. That module enables the Superior Auto to take pictures using that camera quality. Usually, when you select Superior Auto, you'll always see pictures taken at a smaller quality (in the ZR's case, it takes pictures using 9 instead of 13MP).

So, that Xposed module is useless for our phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to SDee96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SDee96 Ad-Free
31st May 2015, 06:57 PM |#40  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee96

Hey, don't mention it. Press that thanks button, it helps a lot!

The 20MP superior auto is meant for Z1 and newer phones that have 20MP cameras. That module enables the Superior Auto to take pictures using that camera quality. Usually, when you select Superior Auto, you'll always see pictures taken at a smaller quality (in the ZR's case, it takes pictures using 9 instead of 13MP).

So, that Xposed module is useless for our phone.

In the xposed module description it says also works on xperia z 4.3 12mp thats why I was wondering if it would work for our XZR and if any one has tried it .Dont want a bootloop
The Following User Says Thank You to neildalal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neildalal Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 09:01 AM |#41  
Flag Belgrade,Serbia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neildalal

In the xposed module description it says also works on xperia z 4.3 12mp thats why I was wondering if it would work for our XZR and if any one has tried it .Dont want a bootloop

By the way, it says that it won't work on LP because the guy who made that module doesn't want to test it there.
If I were you, I would skip that module.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)