ASK ANYTHING >>{{Noob friendly}}

Search This thread

v7

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RC
May 17, 2014
Arkham
thank you!! will try that
but few questions --->1. cm12 is stable?
2.cm11 is stable? and suggest best kernel which you tried on cm11?

thanks in advance!!

Indeed CM 11 is more stable build.
But the latest cm12 build I mentioned is bug free and smooth.There is no custom kernel released for CM12 for ZR.For CM11 rom go for lightning kernel by @nikhil18

Tapped from my furious ZR ;)

Reactions: vicky2131

vicky2131

Indeed CM 11 is more stable build.
But the latest cm12 build I mentioned is bug free and smooth.There is no custom kernel released for CM12 for ZR.For CM11 rom go for lightning kernel by @nikhil18

done!! will try cm11 first for a few days and then change to cm12 ;)
and should i take any precaution before rooting?
like efs backup or anything extra is there on this phone? for my oneplus, efs backup is important. anything here?

very much thanks for your kind reply :)

v7

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RC
May 17, 2014
Arkham
done!! will try cm11 first for a few days and then change to cm12 ;)
and should i take any precaution before rooting?
like efs backup or anything extra is there on this phone? for my oneplus, efs backup is important. anything here?

very much thanks for your kind reply :)

Backup DRM keys before unlocking bootloader.Use TA BACKUP to backup drm keys.You can find it in Sony Cross Device Forum.

Reactions: vicky2131

sudhakarmamilla

Jan 1, 2015
deodexed zip for ftfc5502 10.5.1.a.0.292

hello everybody,
can any oneprovide me the deodexed zip for the firmware c5502 10.5.1.a.0.292.
and superuser mode the same.i want to flash z3 all in one pack by rajiv to my zr.
regards
sudhakar

bidzapfc

Nov 2, 2009
Lets try this. What would you do if you need to make your phone 100% utilized? I have an apk (wont advertise it here) that is optimized for battery lifetime. So it lags and stutters with a constant fps ~15. And it just doesnt work. I tried performance governor, but it seems to work better with an interactive with lowered max threshold (like 30%). After 15min benchmark the results are around 37% cpu, 350mb ram, and 50% gpu. And ofcourse, lousy framerate.

SDee96

Jul 8, 2011
Belgrade,Serbia
Just a wild guess here - Android development may mean modified stock ROM and Original development may mean ground up or based on AOSP.

Android Development topics include ROMs that are a modified version of someone's official port of an existing ROM. For example, CyanogenMod - if you take the original ROM for our ZR and make some minor changes (add your own theme, change the /system directory a bit, etc.), then that topic, and your ROM, goes in the Android Development.

If your ROM has been created from scratch (ground up, as you'd say), or represents a port of an existing ROM for our phone (like Miui) that didn't exist beforehand, then your ROM belongs in the Original Android Development, and you have full rights to deny or allow permission to use your ROM for other people's developing purposes. The OP decides whether people can use their ROM for tweaking/theming/adjusting needs.

I hope I made myself clear. Cheers! :D

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

what rom would you recommend to flash in this moment to daily use?

Hi, I would recommend keeping Sony's stock ROM - the 4.4.4 one, mostly because there's nothing wrong with it.
If you're interested in having CM 12 or 12.1, then go ahead and flash that ROM, but those ROMs aren't really awesome in terms of covering everything that your phone can actually have as a feature.
Stock ROMs are much more interesting, and you can still modify the system and do whatever you want with it. I know this mostly because I had CM 12 on my previous phone, Xperia M, and I've missed the stock ROM so much, only because of how nice the Home launcher, the Messaging app, the Stamina feature, the Weather widget, and the Quick Launch Camera feature were.

Reactions: sling-shot

sling-shot

Jul 6, 2012
Wanderlust
Hi guys,
can anyone help me with rooting XR which got updated to lollipop recently?
i found a thread
http://xdaforums.com/xperia-zr/general/ub-how-to-root-10-6-0-454-lollipop-t3114666
but there is no confirmation if it will work.

Please asssit me.

Regards
Anupam Jha
Do you have unlocked bootloader? The method mentioned there seems to be for unlocked bootloader devices.

There is another for locked bootloader devices in a different thread. Will try to post from PC later.

--------------------------

This is the latest post but seems unverified. http://xdaforums.com/xperia-zr/general/easy-root-xperia-zr-10-6-0-454-lb-ub-t3120214

This is an older method http://xdaforums.com/xperia-zr/general/guide-how-to-root-10-6-0-454-t3115196

Last edited:

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
My back camera glass is scratched and the pictures I take are very blurry, worse than 5mp even in bright light.
Anyone has a solution? My phone is out of warranty and I dont want to pay any money to get it replaced....

SDee96

Jul 8, 2011
Belgrade,Serbia
I believe there's no solution to your problem, other than buying a new camera. You can only try opening the phone and cleaning the lens itself from the inside or just wiping the outer lens with a cloth.

Software wise, nothing can help you...

Reactions: neildalal

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
I believe there's no solution to your problem, other than buying a new camera. You can only try opening the phone and cleaning the lens itself from the inside or just wiping the outer lens with a cloth.

Software wise, nothing can help you...
Problem solved!
First I thought it was a software issue. I noticed the degradation in the image quality after I unlocked my bootloader. So I applied the Drm restore patch. I got the bravia engine and clear audio to work again but camera quality was still very bad .
Then I noticed scratches on the camera glass and realised it wasnt a software issue after all!
I searched the net and found a way to remove scratches by cleaning the glass with a qtip/earbud dipped in alcohol and it worked like magic!! I have much better camera quality now although not as good as it was when I bought my phone but quite happy with it now...
Thanks anyways :)

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

What does the 20 mp superior auto xposed module do? Does it work with our Sony Xperia ZR!? (5.0.2 stock)

SDee96

Jul 8, 2011
Belgrade,Serbia
Problem solved!
First I thought it was a software issue. I noticed the degradation in the image quality after I unlocked my bootloader. So I applied the Drm restore patch. I got the bravia engine and clear audio to work again but camera quality was still very bad .
Then I noticed scratches on the camera glass and realised it wasnt a software issue after all!
I searched the net and found a way to remove scratches by cleaning the glass with a qtip/earbud dipped in alcohol and it worked like magic!! I have much better camera quality now although not as good as it was when I bought my phone but quite happy with it now...
Thanks anyways :)

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

What does the 20 mp superior auto xposed module do? Does it work with our Sony Xperia ZR!? (5.0.2 stock)

Hey, don't mention it. Press that thanks button, it helps a lot! :D

The 20MP superior auto is meant for Z1 and newer phones that have 20MP cameras. That module enables the Superior Auto to take pictures using that camera quality. Usually, when you select Superior Auto, you'll always see pictures taken at a smaller quality (in the ZR's case, it takes pictures using 9 instead of 13MP).

So, that Xposed module is useless for our phone.

Reactions: neildalal

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
Hey, don't mention it. Press that thanks button, it helps a lot! :D

The 20MP superior auto is meant for Z1 and newer phones that have 20MP cameras. That module enables the Superior Auto to take pictures using that camera quality. Usually, when you select Superior Auto, you'll always see pictures taken at a smaller quality (in the ZR's case, it takes pictures using 9 instead of 13MP).

So, that Xposed module is useless for our phone.
In the xposed module description it says also works on xperia z 4.3 12mp thats why I was wondering if it would work for our XZR and if any one has tried it .Dont want a bootloop :)

Reactions: SDee96

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this thread as everyone has it except us

Any topic about ZR aka dogo :thumbup:

Sent from my furious XPERIA ZR ;)
    Yes even I suggest not to unlock your bootloader unless you want to use some custom rom like cm12 as unlocking the bootloader will decrease the camera performance in low light conditions and some other features like bravia engine 2 will stop working..

Instead if you want to stay on stock Sony rom then just get a pre rooted firmware (of any country) and then flash it through recovery and you will be on 5.1.1 rooted.
    If you want recovery also then after you flash the Pre-rooted zip flash the NUT dual recovery flashable zip as well.

This seems to be the best option for me. Thanks a lot.
    I am not willing to unlock bootloader yet.

I am on 4.4.4 with root using SuperSU. Been searching the proper method of upgrading to Lollipop while keeping root or rooting updated Lollipop without unlocking bootloader.

Yes even I suggest not to unlock your bootloader unless you want to use some custom rom like cm12 as unlocking the bootloader will decrease the camera performance in low light conditions and some other features like bravia engine 2 will stop working..

Instead if you want to stay on stock Sony rom then just get a pre rooted firmware (of any country) and then flash it through recovery and you will be on 5.1.1 rooted.
    If you want recovery also then after you flash the Pre-rooted zip flash the NUT dual recovery flashable zip as well.
    Can u share the link of kingroot file which u used to root? And please explain the method to remove Kingroot and use Supersu?

Sent from my D6502 using XDA Free mobile app
    See post no 102
    i have included the links,
    its explained step by step in that link
    first download and install kingroot and then open the app(data connection required) it will automatically root the device,
    then follow the steps mentioned in the second link,
    for your convince i am sharing the "replace kingroot by supersu" link here
    http://zidroid.com/how-to-get-ride-and-replace-kinguser-with-supersu-app/
    Please I need stock systemui.apk found in system/privapp/systemui folder. Someone please Send a link fast. Left without navigation and status bar until then...

HERE you go.

Tapped from my furious dogo ;)