Want a LBL Lollipop root method for the Xperia ZR? Keep reading.

Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Hi all!

I'm happy to say that, thanks to iovyroot, and with a lot of help from zxz0O0, we managed to create a new root tool for the Xperia M2, EagleRootTool, meaning we don't actually need to use Kingroot anymore to root LBL devices under latest Lollipop firmware :victory:
However, since this root binary is compatible with (probably) any kernel built before December 2015, I thought of making the tool compatible with some other devices, like your ZR, since it's actually very similar to my device.
Unfortunately, since this tool's based on some kernel-specific addresses, to make it compatible with other devices like the ZR, I need them from every single variant.
I'm going to take for reference all models and firmware build numbers from XperiFirm.

WHAT YOU NEED:
- An already rooted device in 10.7.A.0.228 (10.7.A.0.222 might be compatible too) (it doesn't matter if it was rooted by Kingroot, or via UBL methods).
- A little of Android general knowledge: Usage of ADB (mainly).
- Patience.

DEVICES:
- C5503
- C5502

HOW TO DO IT?:
Just open an ADB prompt and run a shell in it. Then, run the following commands, replacing the *location with storage/sdcard1 if you want to use your SD Card, or with data/media/0 if you want to use the internal memory.
Code:
su
cat /proc/version > /[COLOR="Purple"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]location[/COLOR]/version.txt
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/kptr_restrict
cat /proc/kallsyms > /[COLOR="Purple"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]location[/COLOR]/kallsyms.txt
(remember to hit enter after each line of the above :silly:)

Now upload those two files (version.txt & kallsyms.txt) wherever you want, or attach them in your comment, saying which model they're from, and I'll add the required offsets to support your device manually! :)

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a placeholder NOR Spam thread. I just want to help this device users to get them supported in a common Lollipop Xperia rooting toolkit, since this device won't get Marshmallow, and has a compatible kernel. If you, moderator or user, decide to close/report this thread, I may understand it, but think it twice before doing it.

Reactions: Røbin

rufy93

Mar 22, 2010
Uppsala
Definitely interesting.

In case no one is quicker I'll give the commands a go and revert when I'm home during the week.

Another note, any possibility for getting this on another complete different device? (I am looking for my daily one, a vk6050s which has a kernel date of Nov 6)

Sent from my vk6050s using Tapatalk

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Definitely interesting.

In case no one is quicker I'll give the commands a go and revert when I'm home during the week.

Another note, any possibility for getting this on another complete different device? (I am looking for my daily one, a vk6050s which has a kernel date of Nov 6)

Sent from my vk6050s using Tapatalk

I see no problem (apart from being 64bits, it might be harder to get the offsets) on adding compatibility for it, however the mentioned root tool is only prepared for XPERIA devices, since it disables RIC and does some other things that'd probably mess something up in a almost "AOSP" device. Once you run the binary, you get as a result an elevated shell, as root, so you can now mount the system as rw and add the supersu files in there (from lines 44 to 146, and from 169 to 181 in the install_tool.sh provided with EagleRootTool).

rufy93

Mar 22, 2010
Uppsala
It's worth a try for the vk if you are up for it (anyways, we can move that discussion over to PM)

For the C5503 i have included the two requested files in the attached 7z. (XDA won't let me upload kallsyms.txt unless i zip it, tooo big)

Attachments

• C5503.7z
    431.8 KB · Views: 73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

I'm happy to say that, thanks to iovyroot, and with a lot of help from zxz0O0, we managed to create a new root tool for the Xperia M2, EagleRootTool, meaning we don't actually need to use Kingroot anymore to root LBL devices under latest Lollipop firmware :victory:
    However, since this root binary is compatible with (probably) any kernel built before December 2015, I thought of making the tool compatible with some other devices, like your ZR, since it's actually very similar to my device.
    Unfortunately, since this tool's based on some kernel-specific addresses, to make it compatible with other devices like the ZR, I need them from every single variant.
    I'm going to take for reference all models and firmware build numbers from XperiFirm.

WHAT YOU NEED:
    - An already rooted device in 10.7.A.0.228 (10.7.A.0.222 might be compatible too) (it doesn't matter if it was rooted by Kingroot, or via UBL methods).
    - A little of Android general knowledge: Usage of ADB (mainly).
    - Patience.

DEVICES:
    - C5503
    - C5502

HOW TO DO IT?:
    Just open an ADB prompt and run a shell in it. Then, run the following commands, replacing the *location with storage/sdcard1 if you want to use your SD Card, or with data/media/0 if you want to use the internal memory.
    Code:
    su
    cat /proc/version > /[COLOR="Purple"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]location[/COLOR]/version.txt
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/kptr_restrict
    cat /proc/kallsyms > /[COLOR="Purple"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="red"]location[/COLOR]/kallsyms.txt
    (remember to hit enter after each line of the above :silly:)

Now upload those two files (version.txt & kallsyms.txt) wherever you want, or attach them in your comment, saying which model they're from, and I'll add the required offsets to support your device manually! :)

DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a placeholder NOR Spam thread. I just want to help this device users to get them supported in a common Lollipop Xperia rooting toolkit, since this device won't get Marshmallow, and has a compatible kernel. If you, moderator or user, decide to close/report this thread, I may understand it, but think it twice before doing it.