How can I reduce msm_hsic_host wakelock

Search This thread

krscry

Aug 20, 2014
It drains my battery.I know it cannot be eliminated,but how to do reduce it to a acceptable amount.Thanks.

Tapatalked from Xperia ZR

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
There is no "acceptable amount". I suggest to leave it, if you like your phone connected, and look for the real reasons for draining your battery.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Well, yes. Turn on Flight mode, it should be solved :) But if you want your phone to have cellular connection - then just leave it be and check for the reasons instead.
As I wrote somewhere before, this phone has amazing battery life, if you have something else - make sure you have an original battery and from that point check your apps and make sure your cellular reception is acceptable. Leave the OS alone, it does a good job.

krscry

Aug 20, 2014
Well, yes. Turn on Flight mode, it should be solved :) But if you want your phone to have cellular connection - then just leave it be and check for the reasons instead.
As I wrote somewhere before, this phone has amazing battery life, if you have something else - make sure you have an original battery and from that point check your apps and make sure your cellular reception is acceptable. Leave the OS alone, it does a good job.

Thanks for your advice.[emoji1] And how to find out apps which triggered cellular reception? Is betterbatterystats ok?

Tapatalked from Xperia ZR

I noticed the same thing, will it change the battery life if we change the Baseband? Have any ideas?

The battery drain is propably caused by a service called fast dormancy. When The service is active while your network provider does not support the service, it causes a lot of wakelocks.
On my old xperia Ray the service can be disabled by editing the build.prop file. Somewhere on xda I have read that you can make a blacklist of providers witch don't use the service.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Here is the link of the xda topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382680

Last edited: