Remove All Ads from XDA

Airwatch Error after installing Xposed Framework Sony Z5Premium

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By Nibleheim, Senior Member on 4th August 2016, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First off, sorry if I'm not in the right place - Let me know or move me, its fine by me. This is my first post here...

Backstory: Our company is trying to become more secure(They just blew 30k on Airwatch(MDM Software) and have a full time employee on the phone with him just about every day...) and I'm one of the lower guys on the IT Totem poll but I'm not really worried about them yelling at me for having root, and I can get my E-mails right now but I do know eventually they are going to bring it up and probably make me get rid of it. Xposed has a work around for this, but when I flash Xposed - The app crashes upon opening every time "Inbox" or "Airwatch" Has closed unexpectedly.

At first I thought it was the RomAur I installed because I went that route as it packaged Xposed and saved me a minute and I wanted to try it anyways - So I went back to stock with Root, Airwatch opened fine. So then I just tried to install Xposed and when I booted up it "optimized" all of my Apps, including Airwatch and Inbox(Which is Airwatch's Mail thingy) .

So, I undoubtedly believe its something in Xposed that's causing a corruption in Airwatch so I cannot even open it. I feel pretty good that if I could get it to run with Xposed that either Rootcloak or the Hidewatch Xposed mod's can fix it, but I can't get it to open to even test my theory.

As I said, I'm in IT and I've been flashing phones/rooting/etc for about 6 years but generally never posted because I didn't feel nearly as smart as everyone else here seems on the forums but I am capable and can give logs if you tell me how to - but now I have a problem and I believe with the increase of MDM software out here that I'm not the only one, or there is about to be a lot more like me that have this problem.

So.
1.) Does anyone have an idea how to stop the optimization of an APP through upgrading to the Xposed installer?
2.) An Idea to get Airwatch to a point that it can open?
3.) Something totally ingenious I'm not capable of thinking of? I have good Googling skills but have found nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nibleheim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nibleheim Ad-Free
 
 
4th August 2016, 02:23 AM |#2  
mattzeller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 575
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibleheim

First off, sorry if I'm not in the right place - Let me know or move me, its fine by me. This is my first post here...

Backstory: Our company is trying to become more secure(They just blew 30k on Airwatch(MDM Software) and have a full time employee on the phone with him just about every day...) and I'm one of the lower guys on the IT Totem poll but I'm not really worried about them yelling at me for having root, and I can get my E-mails right now but I do know eventually they are going to bring it up and probably make me get rid of it. Xposed has a work around for this, but when I flash Xposed - The app crashes upon opening every time "Inbox" or "Airwatch" Has closed unexpectedly.

At first I thought it was the RomAur I installed because I went that route as it packaged Xposed and saved me a minute and I wanted to try it anyways - So I went back to stock with Root, Airwatch opened fine. So then I just tried to install Xposed and when I booted up it "optimized" all of my Apps, including Airwatch and Inbox(Which is Airwatch's Mail thingy) .

So, I undoubtedly believe its something in Xposed that's causing a corruption in Airwatch so I cannot even open it. I feel pretty good that if I could get it to run with Xposed that either Rootcloak or the Hidewatch Xposed mod's can fix it, but I can't get it to open to even test my theory.

As I said, I'm in IT and I've been flashing phones/rooting/etc for about 6 years but generally never posted because I didn't feel nearly as smart as everyone else here seems on the forums but I am capable and can give logs if you tell me how to - but now I have a problem and I believe with the increase of MDM software out here that I'm not the only one, or there is about to be a lot more like me that have this problem.

So.
1.) Does anyone have an idea how to stop the optimization of an APP through upgrading to the Xposed installer?
2.) An Idea to get Airwatch to a point that it can open?
3.) Something totally ingenious I'm not capable of thinking of? I have good Googling skills but have found nothing.

You could give this module a try, the thread is in HTC thread, but may work for you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...watch-t3183082
4th August 2016, 03:09 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

You could give this module a try, the thread is in HTC thread, but may work for you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...watch-t3183082

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot get the app to not force close immediately after opening, or even the background wake lock gives me force close notifications.
4th August 2016, 03:21 AM |#4  
mattzeller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 575
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibleheim

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot get the app to not force close immediately after opening, or even the background wake lock gives me force close notifications.

Have you tried uninstalling AirWatch, clearing cache(s), and then reinstalling? Could you possibly need to have rootcloak hiding root from it as well?
4th August 2016, 04:12 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

Have you tried uninstalling AirWatch, clearing cache(s), and then reinstalling? Could you possibly need to have rootcloak hiding root from it as well?

Yes, I have even uninstalled with root system removers, etc. I even restored a backup that was factory with it working, flashed root, still worked. Flashed closed, stopped. Reinstalled, still same error. Uninstalled, put RootCloak on, unwatch, still crash when installing. I'm giving it a break for now, been spending many hours a day this week trying to get around it. I really appreciate the ideas, keep em coming!
4th August 2016, 05:16 AM |#6  
mattzeller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 575
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibleheim

Yes, I have even uninstalled with root system removers, etc. I even restored a backup that was factory with it working, flashed root, still worked. Flashed closed, stopped. Reinstalled, still same error. Uninstalled, put RootCloak on, unwatch, still crash when installing. I'm giving it a break for now, been spending many hours a day this week trying to get around it. I really appreciate the ideas, keep em coming!

Since I just replaced a stock rooted ROM on my phone as well as Xposed, I installed AirWatch Agent to see if there's any combination of things that I could do to get it running I'll report back if I can figure anything out
4th August 2016, 12:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

Since I just replaced a stock rooted ROM on my phone as well as Xposed, I installed AirWatch Agent to see if there's any combination of things that I could do to get it running I'll report back if I can figure anything out

Awesome, really appreciate it. It's been a real thorn in my side trying to find any way I can circumvent it.
4th August 2016, 01:58 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
I've definitely narrowed it down to before Xposed install, and after Xposed install it does not work. I have tried Installing Xposed with Airwatch installed, but it runs through an optimization for all apps after flashing, and Airwatch becomes unusable at the point.

I've also tried from an recovery of which AirWatch never existed, installed Xposed and I received the same error.

If I had to gander, its this "optimizing Apps" process that its going through that makes the App Crash, because something changes that it doesn't like. I'm trying to find ways to exclude it from optimization, or maybe finding the file its changing to make it go haywire...
5th August 2016, 05:14 PM |#9  
mattzeller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 575
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibleheim

I've definitely narrowed it down to before Xposed install, and after Xposed install it does not work. I have tried Installing Xposed with Airwatch installed, but it runs through an optimization for all apps after flashing, and Airwatch becomes unusable at the point.

I've also tried from an recovery of which AirWatch never existed, installed Xposed and I received the same error.

If I had to gander, its this "optimizing Apps" process that its going through that makes the App Crash, because something changes that it doesn't like. I'm trying to find ways to exclude it from optimization, or maybe finding the file its changing to make it go haywire...

I've tried every which way, and I get the same results as you. Though this popped up in my feed in Tapatalk, it's for getting Android Pay to work with Xposed, by temporarily unmounting root (and Xposed I believe) on the fly. Maybe you can utilize this with AirWatch.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3432382
5th August 2016, 11:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Sweet! Kinda drinking right now and I've learned not to drink and flash stuff on my phone... Oh poor S4, you still sit bricked in my closet... Will try tomorrow.
6th August 2016, 07:40 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
That looks a little more complicated than I'm comfortable with. I did try installing Cyanogen and I came up with same results, Xposed caused the problem. Going to try a few different versions and see if maybe its a recent change they made.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes