By Nibleheim, Senior Member on 4th August 2016, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2017, 12:22 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzeller

@Nibleheim @PeterRoweyn
Using Magisk and having systemless Xposed I am able to install and run AirWatch Agent

Sent from my SCH-R220

HI,

Could you please let me know what steps did you follow? I'm currently on CM13 on my Oppo Find7 with SuperSU, Xposed and RootClock installed. Since I'm on MM, I suppose this SuperSU is systemless SU as mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

If I understand correctly, this is what I need to do:-

1. Uninstall RootCloak
2. Uninstall Xposed
3. Install Material design Xposed from https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...aller-t3137758
4. Download and install Magisk Manager from the Playstore
5. Restart
6. Search and install Xposed within the Download section of Magisk Manager as mentioned under https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...posed-t3388268
7. Restart and optimize apps
8. Install RootCloak that I have already downloaded (the one I uninstalled in step 1)
9. If the interface of systemless Xposed is the same as the one I have, I assume I'd have to tick RootCloak to get it working
10. Install Airwatch Container and Airwatch Inbox and hopefully, see it work

I'll be honest, as I go deeper into the Android rabbit hole, the lesser I understand the effects of what I'm doing. So I do look forward to your guidance.

Thanks,
Vignesh

2nd March 2017, 01:39 PM |#22  

More
The above steps work perfectly and I'm able to open the app and key in all details. However, it gives the earlier error of compromised device and doesn't enrol my device. I've raised an issue on the GitHub of rootcloak, let's see what response I get.

Sent from my Find7 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to vigneshnm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vigneshnm Ad-Free
2nd March 2017, 04:23 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I appreciate you all doing the lord(satan)'s work. Thanks for your efforts!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nibleheim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nibleheim Ad-Free
3rd March 2017, 03:34 AM |#24  

More
Further research has caused me to believe that SuperSU may be the cause of Airwatch still detecting root. I've asked this on another forum but I'd appreciate if you could throw light on this matter as well - Magisk comes with its own SU. So does that mean I can simply uninstall the SuperSU app without losing root?

Sent from my Find7 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
20th March 2017, 10:27 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
You can try installing 'unwatch' module in the Material Design Xposed Installer. If that doesn't work try uninstalling SuperSU first and repeating all the steps you carried out initially. Magisk gives you root - however if it detects a systemless superSU it uses that which is not recommended if you want to avoid detection. Also remember to check the 'Hide' option in Magisk settings. Read the first post on "official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445" for more details.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)