28 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By xiaoxiaozy, Junior Member on 13th January 2019, 04:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2020, 08:59 PM |#1091  
Flag Italians do it better... ;)
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Question Weird behaviour with my Motos...
I'll try to make it simple...

I own two identical Moto Z2 Force German dual SIM version RetEU.
Both have been produced in 2017 and have same P/N.

Both have been manually updated by me with a flashall to same version of Android Pie (same files flashed) and factory reset.

Both have same (latest...) official TWRP installed.

Both have:
- Magisk v.20.3 (20300) official version
- Magisk Manager v.7.5.1 (267)(7)
- Riru core v. 19.7 (but with 19.6 was the same...)
- EDXposed Manager v.4.5.4 (45401)

Now the interesting part...

First one (let's call it TheGood) works fine with EdXposed v.0.4.6.1 YAHFA with no issue at all... (Safety net pass, Google Pay and others works fine, modules work, etc...).

Second one (let's call it TheBad) refuses to boot with *every* version of EdXposed greater than v.0.4.5.5 (4470).

I've doublechecked all files used and they are exactly the same in version and subversion. So the apk settings in Magisk & EdXposed Manager.

I've even tried to use Magisk Custom Sepolicy Installer for EdXposed flashed even before and after of any EdXposed v.0.4.6.x. No way.

Tried Canary & Snapchat versions (a LOT of them...). No way.
As soon as I reflash a v.0.4.5.x it boots again...

Is surely a Sepolicy issue but....

Any ideas?!?
13th February 2020, 09:23 PM |#1092  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enetec

I'll try to make it simple...

I own two identical Moto Z2 Force German dual SIM version RetEU.
Both have been produced in 2017 and have same P/N.

Both have been manually updated by me with a flashall to same version of Android Pie (same files flashed) and factory reset.

Both have same (latest...) official TWRP installed.

Both have:
- Magisk v.20.3 (20300) official version
- Magisk Manager v.7.5.1 (267)(7)
- Riru core v. 19.7 (but with 19.6 was the same...)
- EDXposed Manager v.4.5.4 (45401)

Now the interesting part...

First one (let's call it TheGood) works fine with EdXposed v.0.4.6.1 YAHFA with no issue at all... (Safety net pass, Google Pay and others works fine, modules work, etc...).

Second one (let's call it TheBad) refuses to boot with *every* version of EdXposed greater than v.0.4.5.5 (4470).

I've doublechecked all files used and they are exactly the same in version and subversion. So the apk settings in Magisk & EdXposed Manager.

I've even tried to use Magisk Custom Sepolicy Installer for EdXposed flashed even before and after of any EdXposed v.0.4.6.x. No way.

Tried Canary & Snapchat versions (a LOT of them...). No way.
As soon as I reflash a v.0.4.5.x it boots again...

Is surely a Sepolicy issue but....

Any ideas?!?

Keep EdXposed Manager 4.5.4

Stay on official Magisk 20.1 + EdXposed 0.4.5.1_beta

Or go to both official Magisk 20.3 + EdXposed 0.4.6.1 (canary)

Or wait for new EdXposed Magisk module beta be released on Magisk download section + current Magisk.

Besides that, be sure that there's no garbage left from previous installs. Uninstall all Riru/EdXposed and then run the corresponding Magisk Uninstaller for the installed Magisk version. Then start over.
13th February 2020, 09:33 PM |#1093  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda

Or go to both official Magisk 20.3 + EdXposed 0.4.6.1 (canary)

Thiis was my idea... BUT on TheBad... no boot!

Quote:

Or wait for new EdXposed Magisk module beta be released on Magisk download section + current Magisk.

Probably...

Quote:

Besides that, be sure that there's no garbage left from previous installs. Uninstall all Riru/EdXposed and then run the corresponding Magisk Uninstaller for the installed Magisk version. Then start over.

But both come from a fresh install... TheBad hanged on boot as soon as I installed EdXposed (v.0.4.6.1) first time at all... Only after some time I understood it would work with v.0.4.5.x only....

But Magisk v.20.3 shouldn't work with every v.0.4.6.x with no SePolicy issue anymore?!?
14th February 2020, 01:34 AM |#1094  

More
Talking Some more infos about TheGood & TheBad...
Looking @ Magisk logs I've found this error when I try to boot first time with an EdXposed v.0.4.6.x on TheBad:

01-01 00:22:14.752 988 989 E Magisk : mkdirs /sbin/.magisk/mirror/persist/magisk/riru_edxposed failed with 28: No space left on device

and in fact on TheGood I've a folder riru_edxposed which contains a file called sepolicy.rule

On TheBad under /sbin/.magisk/mirror/persist I've no magisk folder at all!!
(and I'm unable to create it with system running apparently...)

I've re-installed Magisk but the situation is the same.

i've checked /data & /persist with e2fschk in TWRP shell and they are both OK...

I think that edxposed v.0.4.5.x work because they don't use/need that sepolicy file... v.0.4.6.x at the contrary hang because of the lack of needed sepolicy settings...

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Solved!!!

Tweaking a bit with terminal I've tried to create missing folders with system running...

mkdir reported a disk full error...

I've checked folder size of persist on both phones and on TheGood it was even a little bigger... BUT I decided to believe in what command reported and looked in all folders for something to delete safely...

On /persist/cache/recovery I've found some TWRP logs and I decided to remove one...

Then I tried to install a v.0.4.6.1 edxposed directly in Magisk Manager and even before boot, the needed policy file was in place!!

Rebooted and it loaded without bootloop to system this time!!!

I think anyway that there are two/three issues:
1) TWRP logs are really too large for /persist size of my device and could lead to many potential issues
2) edxposed setup doesn't check for errors and doesn't report any visible error to user when it's unable to place needed files....
3) Moto flashall send commands to flash persist and to delete cache... BUT I've found OLD TWRP logs, well older than my last flashall...
The Following User Says Thank You to enetec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enetec Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 03:45 PM |#1095  

More
Reported issue on GitHub
https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/issues/464

https://github.com/TeamWin/android_d..._nash/issues/1
19th February 2020, 02:47 PM |#1096  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any way to pass saftynet with the latest beta (0.4.6.1)
19th February 2020, 06:40 PM |#1097  
Thanks Meter: 455

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaeed

Any way to pass saftynet with the latest beta (0.4.6.1)

Try using "app list mode", blacklist Google service framework and Google play services. Some modules may not work properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to sipollo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sipollo Ad-Free
19th February 2020, 08:25 PM |#1098  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipollo

Try using "app list mode", blacklist Google service framework and Google play services. Some modules may not work properly.

Thank you, it worked
23rd February 2020, 05:09 AM |#1099  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi to all. My phone is xiaomi redmi 3s. I have lineage os microg. I usually turn on my flashlight in system tiles. After installing edexposed through magisk, my flashlight button become disabled. Also I tried to install flashlight applications, they can't see flashlight and doesn't work. But if I install camera with flashlight, this camera's flashlight works fine.
What should I do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)