Remove All Ads from XDA

My banking app is not starting bc xposed installed

364 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By Dexter666, Senior Member on 19th December 2016, 11:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys I need your help. My banking app won't start since it is finding xposed framework installed. Since it is Android OS I don't believe there is no way to change it. I have marshmallow 6.0.1 and the app is vr banking (https://www.vr-banking-app.de/servic...nghinweis.html). I checked xprivacy and blocked there all except Internet access but either it didn't work or I did smt false.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

20th December 2016, 01:07 AM |#2  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter666

Guys I need your help. My banking app won't start since it is finding xposed framework installed. Since it is Android OS I don't believe there is no way to change it. I have marshmallow 6.0.1 and the app is vr banking (https://www.vr-banking-app.de/servic...nghinweis.html). I checked xprivacy and blocked there all except Internet access but either it didn't work or I did smt false.

There is no way to hide Xposed, you'll have to remove it or use something like rootswitch to temp disable it with a soft reboot

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
20th December 2016, 07:42 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mare Tranquillitatis
Thanks Meter: 2,655

More
Quote:

As an alternative to what Matt has suggested, you could use SuperSU and suhide in combination with Root Switch and Xposed. All required information can be found in the suhide thread here on XDA. Just search for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
22nd December 2016, 06:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:

A little surprised by this. What kind of security does the bank use? Are there no security ID system connected to the German state? In Sweden there's Bank-ID for computers, Mobilt bank-ID for smartphones. Authorities, banks and other companies use it. Banks are indirectly required to by law since +1 year. No login by just a simple ATM like code allowed anymore.

A last resort, if everything else fails, is to simply change bank.

[Written by my thumbs on a state-of-the-art Nokia 3110.]
22nd December 2016, 09:50 AM |#5  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
All my banking apps threw errors and I installed Root Cloak module and added them there. And things were good.
But then an e-wallet app showed error "app has been hooked by 3rd party app" because it was checking Root as well as Xposed. so a XDA member wrote a module which just returns 'No' when the app checks fro Xposed.
You can try a similar thing. here's the thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...ocker-t3511904
23rd February 2017, 01:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey there,
I just found this thread and got the exact same problem.
A few weeks/months ago, my banking app (VR Banking as described in OP) started crashing
if XPosed was installed. They tell you something about security, but it works fine with root and uninstalled XPosed.

There already was a link to this thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...ocker-t3511904)
providing a seemingly working solution for another app.

VR Banking seems to react to installed XPosed-binary AND installed Xposed-App, but isn't it possible to hook into the checking-process
and just return true/false ("everything is fine")?

Don't want to switch my bank because of this (although their policy of accepting root but not xposed is 100% ridiculous)
as it seems like such an easy solution. I already PM'd a developer of a module that hides root from certain bank app, but sadly no response yet...
23rd February 2017, 03:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Same problem here with another bank/country and MM (cm13).
The problem is only xposed manager itself. As soon as have it installed (even without framework) the bank app stops. Root only (cm or supersu) is not a problem.

I tried magisk + systemless root + systemless xposed (framework) + hide apps (like rootcloak, anrc,...) and no success. Bank always find the xposed manager (probably because I couldn't hide it completely).

We need a better general hide everything xposed solution. Hope some developer can work on that. Maybe magisk can be the way.
19th March 2017, 11:38 PM |#8  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonhlacerda

Same problem here with another bank/country and MM (cm13).
The problem is only xposed manager itself. As soon as have it installed (even without framework) the bank app stops. Root only (cm or supersu) is not a problem.

I tried magisk + systemless root + systemless xposed (framework) + hide apps (like rootcloak, anrc,...) and no success. Bank always find the xposed manager (probably because I couldn't hide it completely).

We need a better general hide everything xposed solution. Hope some developer can work on that. Maybe magisk can be the way.

Just a quick thought to add to the mix... specifically for your banking app, have you tried the Sudohide Xposed module? It allows you to hide any app from any other app. I'm not sure at which level it happens in the boot process, but for your scenario, it's worth a try. You could just hide the Xposed manager app from the banking app and see if it works.

Let us know if it does!
The Following User Says Thank You to sugerdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sugerdroid Ad-Free
20th March 2017, 11:18 AM |#9  
Flag Nürnberg
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi,
I gave it a quick try:
SudoHide Xposed Installer from VR Banking App and Rootcloak for VR Banking App, but the app still detects it on open.

SudoHide lists only Xposed Installer, no other Xposed app/module.
20th March 2017, 04:33 PM |#10  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Simply just uninstall Xposed Framework and Xposed Installer from your. Then backup the data and perform factory reset and then try it will 100 % work. Good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)